• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like every 'insider' here is pro MS.
except thuway maybe, but im not sure if he's an insider.

Thuway is legit from what I've seen. He seems to know more from the Sony side too. But Gies is very pro Microsoft. I'll go as far to say that a lot of journalist are exceedingly pro Microsoft. Does anyone remember 1UP's coverage and how they basically washed Microsoft's feet last generation? Even going as far to try to downplay the red ring fiasco?

Soi-Fong

Are we entering the "do not expect that much" mode now, three days before the event? Previously people have been expecting lots of games and third parties being there... :)

But I guess it's a sane thing to do after all.

Dialing down after the shit reveal that was Destiny.

Ramblin

Banned
Thuway is legit from what I've seen. He seems to know more from the Sony side too. But Gies is very pro Microsoft. I'll go as far to say that a lot of journalist are exceedingly pro Microsoft. Does anyone remember 1UP's coverage and how they basically washed Microsoft's feet last generation? Even going as far to try to downplay the red ring fiasco?

Ya totally, man all those moneyhaters, totally washing the feet.

Pachimari

Would a PlayStation Home showcase or some info about it be realistic? At least that's what I'm hoping for besides controller, Gaikai and UI talk. :)

Mik_Pad

Banned
True but after watching Jeff Gerstmann's video, and his reaction to the Bungie event, I can't help but think something is going to happen on Wednesday regarding the game.

I started watching the video but got me sleepy lol, maybe I will watch it later. What did he say that made you think that or at what time in the video?

ironcreed

Banned
It´s a PS3 game so no surprise there.

Indeed, but they may also be building towards a reveal of some PS4 footage to be shown. They have been posting the Evolution of Playstation videos as a build up and then go ahead and put this up on a Sunday right after it was shown. Maybe nothing to it, but then again there might be.

iNvid02

Is it just me, or do GT videos load really badly?

its been solid for me for a while now, immediate HD stream 2.2mbps, if i go to full screen it switches to the max 3.5mb stream within 10-20 seconds

i think they finally managed to get the kinks worked out after it was complete shit for a while. reassuring since i and many others will be heading to GT for the 20th

I seriously doubt it. I just don't see Sony really forcing Naughty Dog to do another Uncharted game if they don't want to.

There are 3 franchises that 100% will see a sequel on PS4: Gran Turismo, God of War (unless GoWA like REALLY bombs) and Uncharted. They are the big franchises of Sony and they will keep making them as long as sales are great. Uncharted 4 on PS4 wouldn't be given to anyone other than ND I think, that is why I believe ND will have 1 team working on UC sequels and 1 team working on new IPs. Only way the Uncharted sequel team would change is if the sales crashed or some of their new IPs became the next big thing. So at this point it will be Uncharted 4, no question about it.

They most certainly will force ND to work on Uncharted especially since they are able to work on multiple games.

You can punch me if I am wrong :).

Spinluck

Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| Oh, Yay, Another Playstation console

Yes please, lol.

My contribution.

Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| One Nation, Under Kaz

And one I made way early on.

Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| Crunching Away Like Delicious Doritos Potato Chips

Yawnier

Banned
I think there is absolutely no fuckin way the PS4 game Naughty Dog is working on isn't UC4. Sony let them make a new IP with Last of Us, they'll have them make another Uncharted for it. It is one of the few big franchises Sony has and they won't give it to other studios. Expect new PS4 IP from ND to start production after Last of Us or UC4 is finished. Depending if Last of Us team starts to work on UC5 :/.

There won't be Jak 4 from Naughty Dog. That franchise is B tier now.

To be honest, I do obviously think that ND are working on Uncharted 4 on the PS4, however the game could still only be in pre production or early stages for all we know.

I think a Fall 2014 release is likely for U4.

Is it just me, or do GT videos load really badly?

Not just you, GT video player has always been bad for me.

tusken77

Anyone want to Kazify Old Snake?

Kazified.

7ioQLYb.jpg
E8ONZVM.png

Sky Chief

I think people looking for a ton of PS4 game announcements are in for a disappointment. This event will show the new hardware, the controller, and detail Sony's approach for next gen. You hear from developers and publishers about how great the hardware is and a list of Sony's partners that have games in development.

Actually game announcements will trickle out leading up to E3, where we'll get most of the concrete, details about games.

We all know they will have an awesome sizzle reel with a few seconds of lots of games including new IPs that will gradually be announced over the next year starting all kinds of excitement. This is the best part of Sony hardware reveals.

I think Totilo's right about how he could see which direction Sony's going to take here. Are they going to put their foot down and just say "We're here for the core gamer" or are they going to spread their wings and try to compete really hard for that living room space? They've obviously been interesting in being the center of the living room since the PS2, but they've also made a point (especially during this gen) that they're a company for the core gamer.

Ya totally, man all those moneyhaters, totally washing the feet.

I didn't say anything like that. I said that a lot of journalists were extremely pro Microsoft and that was definitely the case. Even after Sony got their shit together and Microsoft chose to go down the Kinect path people were still defending it.

zoukka

I didn't say anything like that. I said that a lot of journalists were extremely pro Microsoft and that was definitely the case. Even after Sony got their shit together and Microsoft chose to go down the Kinect path people were still defending it.

That's like your unbacked opinion man...

Journalists are rotten in general, I see no point singling them out based on their system of choice.

Proxy

There are 3 franchises that 100% will see a sequel on PS4: Gran Turismo, God of War (unless GoWA like REALLY bombs) and Uncharted. They are the big franchises of Sony and they will keep making them as long as sales are great. Uncharted 4 on PS4 wouldn't be given to anyone other than ND I think, that is why I believe ND will have 1 team working on UC sequels and 1 team working on new IPs. Only way the Uncharted sequel team would change is if the sales crashed or some of their new IPs became the next big thing. So at this point it will be Uncharted 4, no question about it.

They most certainly will force ND to work on Uncharted especially since they are able to work on multiple games.

You can punch me if I am wrong :).

Except Naughty Dog has always done one new IP per generation and iterated on it and then dropped it and moved onto another new IP for the next generation.

Crash - Jak - Uncharted

TLoU is an outlier however. It's also worth mentioning that all of their IPs have done exceptionally well and yet they still always move on.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
When did this thread turn into the Arthur Gies hate-fest?

Just because he doesn't think they will show lots of games at the PS Meeting?

Everyone is allowed to have their preferences.
And Halo 4 has very good pre-rendered stuff.

Yeah all the Gies talk is killing the buzz a bit. Who cares.

I'm really impressed that there hasn't been any real leaks in terms of games with only 3 days to go. I wonder how much longer they'll be able to maintain that.

I'm really impressed that there hasn't been any real leaks in terms of games with only 3 days to go. I wonder how much longer they'll be able to maintain that.

I'm not too surprised after hearing Gerstmann talk about how dev NDA's are structured. He talked about how someone asked Activision's CEO about the PS4/next Xbox and his reply was basically "I go to your sites to see all the news about that". They're structured in a way that they can't even acknowledge that they know these consoles exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom