• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh, I'm staying away from that Bingo shit. It's going to set up high expectations, currently I'm just expecting them to show the PS4; console, specs and hopefully OS. I'll be happy with that.

Mario007

Could've just called it PS4 unveil if that's what it is for even more hype, no? I don't believe it's about PS4 but what they plan with Gaikai.

And that's exactly why Apple sents out invites saying 'Hey guys we'll be unveiling the new iPad' all the time, right?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Could've just called it PS4 unveil if that's what it is for even more hype, no? I don't believe it's about PS4 but what they plan with Gaikai.

They invited investors, are doing a worldwide stream, teased for three weeks, are doing a Playstation console retrospective on the PSBlog, and reserved the Hammerstein Ballroom for this. They've pretty much all but said it's PS4.

So they invited investors and the press to a major event in NYC so they can announce they're going to stream PS3 games to the Vita using Gaikai? Is that what you're proposing?

Actually, that'll probably be one of the small highlights at the event. Gaikai + the new controller could allow all sorts of madness, like, Vita on PS3/4, PS3/4 on Vita, etc.

Proxy

Actually, that'll probably be one of the small highlights at the event. Gaikai + the new controller could allow all sorts of madness, like, Vita on PS3/4, PS3/4 on Vita, etc.

Of course it's going to play a role in their new console. But to say the only reason they're holding this event on the 20th is to announce they're going to use Gaikai to stream PS3 games to the Vita is preposterous.

8gjOTbi.jpg

2 MOVE Games*

Endo Punk

PS2 achieved in-game what was proposed by the CG/FMV on PS1. PS3 achieved in-game the CG and demos shown for the PS2 so at the very least PS4 gameplay should look as good as the Motorstorm and KillZone 2 tech demos from 2005.

so what do you guys think will be the best stream available?

At the moment we know that IGN and Gametrailers are both doing a livestream in addition to a pre and post show livestream, but I don't think we have heard anything directly from Sony as to what their plans are. Expect to see a blog post or something tomorrow or something detailing what they are gonna do.

Personally I would think that the Gametrailers stream will be the best, was definitely one of the best sites for streaming in my opinion for last E3.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I think Sony will host their own. They tend to work ok.
Ustream is mentioned on the Japanese hub. Whether that will be the same as on the actual PlayStation Meeting site I don't know. Regardless, I expect Sony to have taken precautions to allow for heavy loads.

At the moment we know that IGN and Gametrailers are both doing a livestream in addition to a pre and post show livestream, but I don't think we have heard anything directly from Sony as to what their plans are. Expect to see a blog post or something tomorrow or something detailing what they are gonna do.

Personally I would think that the Gametrailers stream will be the best, was definitely one of the best sites for streaming in my opinion for last E3.

problem with GT is you can't stream in HD the whole time, its always a stupid wifi looking bar that fluctuates, and sometimes it gets really bad. considering how many people will be watching i don't know that they will be able to keep the feed at hd.

Soi-Fong

problem with GT is you can't stream in HD the whole time, its always a stupid wifi looking bar that fluctuates, and sometimes it gets really bad. considering how many people will be watching i don't know that they will be able to keep the feed at hd.

I'm going with whoever allows streaming on mobile. I'll be in a train during the event.

That is true, either Gametrailers or Sony's direct feed would be the two to use over anything else :)

InFamous 3 @ Launch
Uncharted: Sully's Shenanigans @ Launch
LittleBigPlanet 3 @ Launch
Killzone 4 @ Launch
Last Guardian @ Launch
The Last of Us (Cross-Buy) @ Launch
Grand Theft Auto 5 (Cross-Buy) @ Holiday 2013
Final Fantasy 15 (Versus) @ Spring 2014

Teaser for GT6 and more.

$399, no BC, free PS+ for three months and some sort of Vita-PS4 Crossover.

LET'S GET CRAZY.

DasMarcos

Banned
That is true, either Gametrailers or Sony's direct feed would be the two to use over anything else :)

I'm even worse off as I have to rely on my college (small campus) to not be online to mess up my streams. At six though everyone is out eating dinner and so I'll be able to take advantage of the bandwidth all for myself.

MasLegio

Banned
PS3 wouldnt be a particularly big platform to sell it on though. It has to be PS4

well, actually.....

it could be a new digital only PS3 with support for Gaikai for under 100$
Sonys move against Apple-TV, but with games as well. A cheap media box/gamebox that plays all games .

And it will be built into alll new Sony TVs as well.

This is not PSN, this is SEN.

Jump out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom