• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

izDQ0cxGHFXMR.gif

What movie is this from?

What's the over/under on actual gameplay footage?

And I think the conference will be paced as follows:
First 30 minutes: sales, history
Second 30 minutes: Core games, maybe 30 seconds on specs.
Last 30 minutes: Casual games and multimedia functionality

electro

Banned
I've been snooping about on Twitter and a bunch of the Naughty Dog team retweeted the ''See The Future'' tweet by the official Playstation account.

What's more promising is a tweet by Naughty Dog game designer Eric Schatz which read: ''Things are about to get really interesting. Big year. #Playstation2013''

Maybe they'll make an appearance with a teaser for Uncharted 4.

Here's the Twitter link: https://twitter.com/thegreatbluebit

injurai

Banned
What's the over/under on actual gameplay footage?

And I think the conference will be paced as follows:
First 30 minutes: sales, history
Second 30 minutes: Core games, maybe 30 seconds on specs.
Last 30 minutes: Casual games and multimedia functionality

Seeing how they already had those history videos, I'm going to bet than any sort of brand reverence will be kept short. The show will probably start with a brief ode to playstation, then bombs will be dropping for the next 45 mintues.

Sid

I've been snooping about on Twitter and a bunch of the Naughty Dog team retweeted the ''See The Future'' tweet by the official Playstation account.

What's more promising is a tweet by Naughty Dog game designer Eric Schatz which read: ''Things are about to get really interesting. Big year. #Playstation2013''

Maybe they'll make an appearance with a teaser for Uncharted 4.

Here's the Twitter link: https://twitter.com/thegreatbluebit
Uc3 was released in fall 2011,I'm expecting the teaser for Uc4 this fall.

speaking of PSN. i hope we are allowed like a gamer page online where all our pictures and video are stored online. so much easier to do things if it was easily accessible for sharing.

luffeN

I'm hoping there'll be some spoiler-free thread/post crop up before hand to bookmark, since I won't be able to watch it live. Ala E3 conferences.

Well, I am going to write a summary for a friend who can't watch the live stream and who wants to read everything the next day at work and then watch the trailers etc. at home. Since I am already writing it for this guy I could make a thread and post the summary in a new thread. Any interest?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Yeah The Last of Us but there are 2 teams now.

Guy from Naughty Dog came and clarified that there is no "2 teams" thing going on. Just one team working on multiple projects. The lead designer from Uncharted 2 didn't work on Uncharted 3 which many people feel contributed to Uncharted 3 not surpassing U2 even though it was still an awesome game.

Sid

Guy from Naughty Dog came and clarified that there is no "2 teams" thing going on. Just one team working on multiple projects. The lead designer from Uncharted 2 didn't work on Uncharted 3 which many people feel contributed to Uncharted 3 not surpassing U2 even though it was still an awesome game.
So the same team is working on Uc4 and TLOU? wow.

Violater

I think U2 while a great game is overhyped and U3 came too soon and was unable to follow up to the hype.

I am really impressed at the level of secrecy so far. I hope the Sony live stream can handle the traffic. I know GAF servers will be a smoking crater till maybe Friday.

My rather hopeful estimations of launch titles:

Killzone 4 (or surprise new shooter IP)
GT6
The Last Guardian
Little Big Planet (or new platformer IP)
Racer of some sort ( Wipeout prequel, Motorstorm, new IP)
A couple more announced at E3.
Bonus round: Last of Us and GTAV ports, with improved visuals and IQ.

Within six months of launch Uncharted 4 (don't expect that to be discussed tomorrrow).
Versus XIII: moved to PS4, no information tomorrow- again we have to wait until e3.

Raoh

Now NY1 (NYC News Channel) is reporting on the Playstation 4 announcement and what streaming games means for retail stores like Gamestop. As well as the difference between streaming being ok for casuals and tablet gamers but the reliance on physical media for hardcore gamers who demand higher quality and performance.

relieved.gif

Sid

My rather hopeful estimations of launch titles:

Killzone 4 (or surprise new shooter IP)
GT6
The Last Guardian
Little Big Planet (or new platformer IP)
Racer of some sort ( Wipeout prequel, Motorstorm, new IP)
A couple more announced at E3.
Bonus round: Last of Us and GTAV ports, with improved visuals and IQ.

Within six months of launch Uncharted 4 (don't expect that to be discussed tomorrrow).
Versus XIII: moved to PS4, no information tomorrow- again we have to wait until e3.
All of it....epic.

saladine1

The 20th of February
Will be a day of bliss
Come one , come all
For this you don't want to miss

Sony will be in the limelight
They will deliver unto us
Magic so wonderful
In Kaz Hirai we trust

There it glimmers
In all it's GDDR5 glory