• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

It's going to be mainly

hardware talk
streaming/cloud service talk
a few games/tech demos...probably 3

No way they will "blow there load" this early, especially if they want to see what MS is going to pull off.

Wes

venison crêpe
Yoshihisa Hashimoto replied on his facebook "着きました〜。ありがとうございます!"

Someone say something depressing because I'm so hyped right now.

Yoshihisa Hashimoto replied on his facebook "着きました〜。ありがとうございます!"

iVk4MvkmRGodG.gif

Takuya

Banned
People should keep their expectations level as far as announcements go as they still have many venues and events where to show off games/features.

I'll expect a handful of games (known/not known) as well as hardware details and tech demos.

onQ123

I will never talk about any source. It's too close to the event, my biggest fear is someone leaking everything :-/. Internally at Sony, people have never been more optimistic before a new cycle. That's it, I'm out of the thread. See you guys tomorrow when our worlds will change :).

Do you know if the camera made it into the controller? or if the PlayStationEyes will be 240FPS?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
They will not and should not blow their entire load this early especially regarding detailed specs and pricing. Unless, they announce some unrealistic price like $350 or below which is not happening.
Thanks thuway for not spoiling more of the event. I'd rather we get nothing more at this point because it's only a day away. Let the flood gates open when the time comes. :)

LastNac

I'm not here to spoil the event for any one :). There are a few others in the thread that know what's going on, but it's best to just let you folks enjoy the show for yourself. I just hope some jack ass doesn't reveal everything at the 11th hour. FYI: I only know of two things at the event. I'll say this though, Sony will have to save things for E3. So prepare for a very balanced event. There will be enough tease to wet your whistle, but don't expect to walk away with an idea of what PS4 will have for it's first two years.

Potential for Gaf meltdowns?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Are people expecting Sony to reveal pricing? I'd be really surprised if they do considering they are going first and it's still way early. I dont think MS announced 360 pricing until after E3 in 2005.

Stuart444

Not sad at all if its announced as an actual game and a PS4 exclusive.

I'd have mix thoughts about that, the demo looks nice as far as characters (Love the girls look in it) go but the deserty look... doesn't do much for me. Graphically it looks great though so I'd try and be optimistic if it was announced as an actual game.

I do remember a poll asking people about it so there is always the possibility that it happens :)

SwagJesus

Banned
The Playstation 4 will be announced and Microsoft and Nintendo will get on their knees and say, "Oh thank you Based god, For saving the industry." Then sony will be da bestest but, Microsoft and Nintendo still have some great console too. They will have orgy and make Mario games for all platforms and god of war on the Sexbox 720. Sonic for nothing. For Sonic will die.

Not sure what "don't expect to walk away with an idea of what PS4 will have for it's first two years" means, if it means have an idea what the consoles will have completely for the first two years, well I never expected that.

Takuya

Banned
Are people expecting Sony to reveal pricing? I'd be really surprised if they do considering they are going first and it's still way early. I dont think MS announced 360 pricing until after E3 in 2005.

Nope, they won't announce pricing (at least I doubt they will) until E3.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
No trademark for the new console has been published yet, not on USPTO or OHIM anyway. If it's gonna be called PlayStation 4, which seems more likely now, it's not as important as it was with PS Vita to file a trademark several days prior to reveal (of name). Though I reckon they would want to protect the logo however. But there's a bit more than a day til the PlayStation Meeting so anything could happen.

Violater

They will not and should not blow their entire load this early especially regarding detailed specs and pricing. Unless, they announce some unrealistic price like $350 or below which is not happening.
Thanks thuway for not spoiling more of the event. I'd rather we get nothing more at this point because it's only a day away. Let the flood gates open when the time comes. :)

Specs and Pricing is not the load, the games are, though I do not expect this event to be the forum for boring specs talk. I thoroughly expect at least pricing and release date though along with some sizzle reals. If there isn't a single pie chart and they announce the PS4 I would say they are off to a good start.

LuuKyK

I think it basically means that they will focus on launch titles and not games that will come later in the cycle. Those will probable be talked about in E3.

I had a dream about the PS4 reveal. They announced Persona 5 in my dream too. I'm praying I am clairvoyant and this becomes a reality. Persona 5 as a launch game would seal a day 1 purchase. Or earlier if I could find a way.

I don't think we'd see a game like Persona 5 or even TLG at this event. More likely at E3.

I think what we could see area couple of games aimed at the North American market to show off the PS4 and generate buzz.

Proxy

They're not going to announce something flexible like pricing or the release date. That would be crazy unless they plan to launch it a couple weeks later.

I'd have mix thoughts about that, the demo looks nice as far as characters (Love the girls look in it) go but the deserty look... doesn't do much for me. Graphically it looks great though so I'd try and be optimistic if it was announced as an actual game.

I do remember a poll asking people about it so there is always the possibility that it happens :)

...I doubt the desert setting would be the only setting in the game.

I'm not here to spoil the event for any one :). There are a few others in the thread that know what's going on, but it's best to just let you folks enjoy the show for yourself. I just hope some jack ass doesn't reveal everything at the 11th hour. FYI: I only know of two things at the event. I'll say this though, Sony will have to save things for E3. So prepare for a very balanced event. There will be enough tease to wet your whistle, but don't expect to walk away with an idea of what PS4 will have for it's first two years.

So basically what you're saying is that we should play the bingo? Right?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You guys should stop trying to fish for hints from thuway... we're so close to the event now it's not worth spoiling any further. E3 will likely be astounding though, so I'll say that.

I'm very excited to see the new UI and how fast it is. Hopefully everything's literally instant, such as opening the in game "xmb."

Edit: pessimistic thought: What if the NYC blizzard happened today instead?!!!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I don't even know why price would be worth knowing at this point, unless they were going to pull a fast one and release within 2-3 months. That's 5 seconds of meeting time they can spend on more sales charts...

Stuart444

...I doubt the desert setting would be the only setting in the game.

Yeah but just the look of it in the video (though the end of it looked nice when the camera was panning up)

I would say the release date/price wouldn't be likely to be announced here but at the same time, if it's out this year... then there is the possibility of it being announced. But until we hear otherwise, I am assuming that will be at E3.

Ah E3... first this event, then whatever MS event for unveiling Durango... then E3. Lots of great times for gamers ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom