• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ You know, I find it weird that Sony made the X button the "Confirm" button

Isn't it true that X was "Cancel" originally, and Circle was "Confirm"?

Remember when Triangle used to be the back button on PS2? Now it's Circle.

#PlayStationMemories

In japan. Or was that Metal Gear games?

GERMAN GAF ASSEMBLE
cbqhabs0gv2zjtyrm.jpg

If Sony spent a majority of the time simply showing off the OS for PS4, the specs, the features, Gakai Streaming, new Motion/Move Upgrades, and other new services and features I would be totally fine with that.

I am such a geek for all the specs and features mumbo jumbo.

Seda

#PlayStationMemories

O is confirm in Japanese versions of games (at least in ones I've played) and sometimes stays that way once localized. I remember Xenosaga games having O-Confirm X-Cancel as well as Vagrant Story.

Step

#PlayStationMemories

I think it was only on japanese games where O was select and X circle and they find weird that O is back lol

Raven77

LOOOOOOOOOUUUUUDDD. NOOOIIIIISSESSSSSSS

Okay a few months back. When the wii u still had a chance at being an incredible system there was a GAF thread just like this one before a big announcement.

After our dreams were crushed somebody posted one of the best gifs I've ever seen of a hype train derailing.

I CANNOT for the life of me find this gif. Help me find it, now. We need to have it on standby. This is important as animated gifs are step 4 in the process of healing after a life tragedy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
so is anyone doing a pre show or ramp up? Or is that only an e3 thing?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

#PlayStationMemories

In Japan, X is still cancel, and O is still confirm. It comes from the Japanese concept of those shapes (O is maru, or okay, while X is batsu, or bad/wrong).

In fact, one thing PS3 did was make it so that games from any region would be standardized to your console. This is why on my JP PS3, even if I play a US game, cancel is X and confirm is O.

Iacobellis

#PlayStationMemories

X still is cancel in JP, that's why most MGS games here use that same setup. But yeah, I do remember how on the PS1/PS2 you would go back with Traingle.

Overboost

Will the be shown in Playstation Home?

Yes, although it tends to be laggy due to too many users. You can also watch it from your What's New tile on the XMB, though that might just route you to Home. Info here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...e-live-stream-playstation-meeting-2013-today/

Nice Bingo card! Just shared this on twitter, and IGNUK reshared it lol.

Ha awesome, thanks! Reminder to everyone else: you still have 3.5 hours to make your own card.

L2UPUP0.jpg

Template:

ps4bingo_templatepzq7k.png

Yeah, I can't wait, but at the same time the build-up can be the best part. It's like every Christmas I had as a kid, so excited but once the 26th hit I was always a little sad even if I had a bunch of stuff to play with. I'm sure there will be secrets saved for E3 though.

Oh most definitely, but the main attraction - the console reveal and first look at games, is tonight.

Also crazy to think that what we see in a few hours, is what we'll be using as our next Playstation, potentially, for the next 7+ years.

Man I'm 26, but I'm hyped like a 14 year old lol.

I am 36 and I am hyped like I am 26, lol.

Actually, I am like a kid. I am not losing sleep or any of that like other people, but I teach 6th Grade. I have told all my 6th Graders and now they are hype, and they mostly all have 360's lol.

gioGAF

So hyped, can't wait. Sony needs to deliver!

I need something to make up for accidentally deleting the free $10 they sent me yesterday :-(

Tunic

Extremely hyped! Passing the time currently by playing Ni No Kuni. Got the luck of the draw with today being one of my days off from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom