• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Move Heroes |OT| Three Franchises Moving On Down

Takao

Banned
eKMEP.png

Developer: Nihilistic Software​
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America / Sony Computer Entertainment Japan / Sony Computer Entertainment Europe​
Platform: PlayStation Move for PlayStation 3​
Genre: Heart Breaker​

P6ENz.png

Release Date(s):
  • March 22, 2011 (North America)
  • March 24, 2011 (Japan)
  • March 25, 2011 (Europe)

PlayStation Network Release Date(s):
  • March 24, 2011 (North America)

6LVG9.png

cNtK7.png

Announced at E3 2010 as Heroes On The Move - Together for the first time, PlayStation’s legendary heroes Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter, Sly and Bentley, ban together to defeat a villainous duo in this wildly humorous adventure for the PlayStation Move. By using the PlayStation Move motion controller and The PlayStation Move navigation controller, players now have the unique experience of becoming one of their favorite PlayStation characters as they control their every move throughout the game. Players will smash, hurl and shoot their way through imaginative puzzles and challenges as the heroes team up against their new enemies.

A mysterious and evil force has crept into the galaxy, maliciously steeling entire cities and environments from Ratchet, Jak and Sly’s worlds. Stopping at nothing, this fiendish enemy enslaves a race of peaceful space creatures and puts the entire galaxy in harm’s way. Our loveable and fearless heroes find themselves joined together in the ultimate battle to protect the galaxy and in the fight for their own survival.

It should be noted that this game takes the events of Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier (2009-PSP/PS2) as storyline canon for the Jak series. Though, this game will feature the return of Jak's original voice actor who wasn't present in The Lost Frontier.

LTcjv.png

Demo availabe on the PlayStation Network, and PlayStation Plus members have a full game trial!​

gKJCa.jpg

m5gGx.png

zPYyf.jpg

FkYUH.png

• Metacritic

iWaggle3D Move Analysis

• 7/10 Eurogamer Italy
    PlayStation Move Heroes is a fun and engaging mini-games compilation that will have you make a good use of Sony's motion-sensing game controller.
  • 6.5/10 Game Informer
    Heroes is better than the typical Move cash-in, and every now and then the action is reminiscent of what makes these three franchises popular. However, with more characters than gameplay events, and no interaction between the protagonists outside of a few cutscenes, it's hard to imagine a fan that wouldn't feel disappointed by this (non)mash-up.
  • 6/10 Eurogamer Sweden
    Both Sly and Jak have been sorely missed on the PS3, and their half-hearted return in PlayStation Move Heroes doesn't make up for their absence. But it's still quite fun, and apart from a few uninspired levels and modes it manages to showcase the pros with the Move controller.
  • 5/10 The Sixth Axis
    Distinctly average then, PlayStation Move Heroes trades off some legacy brand IPs without ever really giving them room to shine or, indeed, interact. It’s a frustratingly shallow collection of styles, dressed up as something more than it ultimately ends up as. The presentation’s slick, the visuals are nice and some of the game types are actually rather entertaining, but as a whole this could have been so much more. Interestingly, a sequel that fixes some of the above issues could, potentially, be quite brilliant. We’ll wait and see.
  • 5/10 Game Reactor.dk
    You can not blame Sony for wanting to reward Move owners with some goodies and a game with such familiar and missed characters could have been something really special. But PlayStation Move Heroes makes almost no use of the hero's platforming background, and pulls them into an almost random collection of mini games that easily could have had other random characters instead.

It is fine entertainment for the younger audience, but just acceptable for us.
  • 5/10 Game Pro
    As a simple diversion for kids twelve-and-under PlayStation Move Heroes is fine. The younger crowd will enjoy the challenges, motion controls, and maybe even the horrific, over-the-top announcer. But if you're a fan of the platforming/action-adventure roots of any of the game's heroes, you'll likely be disappointed.

mYduj.png

TripOpt55

I love these characters, but I didn't real like the demo. I don't like them all in one game either really. Might grab it this week... not sure.

lupinko

Wait, the game is actually called PlayStation Move Heroes? Wtf, that is just really, really, really, terribad.

Heroes on the Move was much better.

Takao

Banned
I wonder if this game will tease any future games in these franchises.

Snuggler said:
why, Sly, why?

R7Aii.png

His eyes and face remind me of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro post-Naughty Dog and Insomniac. He's losing his soul.

Takao

Banned
Snuggler said:
WHAT THE FUCK WHY DOES SLY HAVE A PEG LEG

diabetes? :(

Oh, that's just the preorder skins I mentioned in the OP, I don't think it has anything to do with the "story". Ratchet's is the weird Deadlocked style armor suit, and Jak is cosplaying as a Helghast soldier if they were around during the Precursor era.

Which reminds me, this game takes Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier as canon. Which means, yay Dark Daxter!

Boo Dark Daxter.

Kafel

Banned
TTP said:
Of course the Japanese one is the best of the trio.

haha and I've just noticed the extra banner for the remote on the US cover

Sony, get your shit together

edit : the first reviews are a bit scary

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, so the PMH bundle is a Toys R Us exclusive?

Mirrion seller confirmed. There is no way this game won't be a huge hit.

Takao

Banned
Snuggler said:
Damn, so the PMH bundle is a Toys R Us exclusive?

Mirrion seller confirmed. There is no way this game won't be a huge hit.

dat sarcasm

Toys R Us appears to like Move, they did that Eyepet exclusive bundle way back when Move launched.

Yazuka

Does anyone know if Mike Irwin is back as Jak's voice actor? They had a replacement in Lost Frontier if I'm not mistaken.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This game reminds me of how much I want a Jak HD.

Do it, Naughty Dog!

After Uncharted 3, at least.

What else have Nihilistic Software made? I don't have much faith that this game will be any good.

BY2K said:
This game reminds me of how much I want a Jak HD.

Do it, Naughty Dog!

After Uncharted 3, at least.

That would be too good to be true.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
they didn't even give enough of a shit to puff up his eyebrows for this one

it's the kind of game that'll launch on an end cap, most of it's sales will probably come from confused grandmas who think it's the newest Dreamworks cartoon on DVD

Ellis Kim

Banned
Snuggler said:

it's the kind of game that'll launch on an end cap, most of it's sales will probably come from confused grandmas who think it's the newest Dreamworks cartoon on DVD
XD XD XD

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
lol at topic title.

Is the game really that meh? :(

They implemented a lot of different and interesting motion control interfaces but sort of forgot to build a game around them. It's sad, cos Move tech does its job.

The potential was there to make a Wii Zelda-killer but sadly Nihilistic only has the "N" in common with Nintendo.

Audioboxer

TTP said:
They implemented a lot of different and interesting motion control interfaces but sort of forgot to build a game around them. It's sad, cos Move tech does its job.

The potential was there to make a Wii Zelda-killer but sadly Nihilistic only has the "N" in common with Nintendo.

Pretty gutting.

This has flown in under my radar but I always had some confidence with the strength of the characters it would be good.

More interested in getting Ape Escape now!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Pretty gutting.

This has flown in under my radar but I always had some confidence with the strength of the characters it would be good.

More interested in getting Ape Escape now!

The ending credits lists animators and artists before the actual game designers.

Gives you some perspective.

Takao

Banned
Snuggler said:

If they cared you'd see Bushy Eyes, and Ape Escape characters instead of Sly Cooper.

When it was announced, it had a lot of potential to be great.

But what we have is a game with 6 platforming champs. . .with fuck all platforming, trapped in minigame land. WHY!

SykoTech

Takao said:
His eyes and face remind me of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro post-Naughty Dog and Insomniac. He's losing his soul.

To be fair, everyone looks like they lost their soul here. Just look at Ratchet's face on the non-Japanese cover. Yikes. Sucker Punch seems to be making Sly 4, so I wouldn't worry about him going the way of Crash or Spyro.

Jak on the other hand...we'll see.

Xater

Did we really need an OT for this game? I thought everyone agreed that the game is crap after they played the demo.

ram said:
and yet again japan gets the superior cover.

Even the Euro cover has better colors at least. The US one looks like they said, "How can we take three successful franchises, put them on a cover, and still make it look as gaudy and bargain bin as possible?"

Takao

Banned
Xater said:
Did we really need an OT for this game? I thought everyone agreed that the game is crap after they played the demo.

We need a cemetery for our fallen heroes.

This could be it.

Top Bottom