• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Move Heroes |OT| Three Franchises Moving On Down

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Got my copy today from Subway. Going straight to Goozex since I don't have Move.

Also, I think the game requires 6.5 GB for install since it says 6.5 GB HD space required on the back. Better get a Subway ® sandwich.

VkHHW.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
OMG EVERYONE IS SO ANGRY ON THE COVER!!!!

...Do they hate being attached to this game?

yurinka

Galvanise_ said:
What the fuck.
The demo was 2.6GB of dissapointment. Even It felt unspired, ugly, boring and unplayable. For me, Sony can kill these IPs even I had fun with some Ratchet game.

Takao

Banned
Don't hold me to this, but I swear I remembered reading this was going to get a PSN release as well. I remember looking for it when creating the OT but I came up with nothing. I'm not going insane am I?

Zoibie

Takao said:
Don't hold me to this, but I swear I remembered reading this was going to get a PSN release as well. I remember looking for it when creating the OT but I came up with nothing. I'm not going insane am I?

Err... I don't remember reading that.

Does anyone else think Ratchet looks a bit odd? Like he's been to have those pesky wrinkles botoxed out.

fernoca

So getting this "tomorrow". Since it's a holiday, I haven't checked my cellphone to see if Gamestop sent me the usual "pick up tomorrow" message.

Haven't tried the demo or anything, neither I'm expecting an incredible game; but picking this since I got it for under $20 and it will be a nice diversion between Yakuza 4, Killzone 3 and Gran Turismo 5.

Nice OP by the way.

Takao

Banned
Zoibie said:
Err... I don't remember reading that.

I found it :p

Grace Chen says PlayStation Plus members get a time based trial of PlayStation Move Heroes tomorrow. Hasn't the games that have had full game trials been put up on PSN?

Also, updating the OP with reviews.

Takao

Banned
OT updated with new reviews. Sixth Axis review is all over the place. A negative is the "wrong" characters being chosen (he wanted dudebros), but he also explains those dudebros wouldn't have fit with this game. He also says the Move controls were nothing special, and if this game had been Dual Shock 3/Move it wouldn't have mattered, which clashes with what the other reviews are saying.

I put a lot of work into an OT of a game I won't even play for a while (I don't own a Move setup yet)...

Anyways, I noticed something - SCEA can't commit to a name. Look at the Toys R Us bundle's side. Anyone else notice it says "Heroes on the Move"? lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wario64 said:
Got my copy today from Subway. Going straight to Goozex since I don't have Move.

Also, I think the game requires 6.5 GB for install since it says 6.5 GB HD space required on the back. Better get a Subway ® sandwich.

VkHHW.jpg
You got it for free. Send it to me since I'm a poor Canadian that wasn't allowed to enter that contest again.

Verendus

Banned
Wow.

I opened this thread, then saw Jak, Sly and Ratchet. All in one game. Why has no one told me of this? Why do I not know of such a game? I scroll further down and the disappointment sets in. How are you going to throw these three together and make a game like this? Maybe I'm the fool for forgetting in seconds that I was reading about "Playstation Move Heroes". Why would a game with that name be a proper effort?

I miss Jak. :(

fernoca

Takao said:
Anyways, I noticed something - SCEA can't commit to a name. Look at the Toys R Us bundle's side. Anyone else notice it says "Heroes on the Move"? lol
'Heroes on the Move' became the tagline. ;)
It's also in the back of the box.

23icxvm.jpg

Agent X

6.5 GB installation? Really?

That's surprising, considering this is a first-party game. You'd think they'd try to optimize it better.

The demo was OK, not bad, but not great either. As I said in another thread recently, it seemed like a disjointed collection of minigames that lack a cohesive "glue" to hold them together. I like the Jak, Ratchet, and Sly games, as well as the characters, but I don't get the point of what they're doing in this game. Maybe it would be better with all-new characters and an original storyline, rather than trying to shoehorn several existing characters into a single game--at least I wouldn't have any preconceived expectations that way.

As it stands, although I enjoyed some of the events of the demo, I don't feel compelled to pick up the full game.

Takao

Banned
Agent X said:
6.5 GB installation? Really?

That's surprising, considering this is a first-party game. You'd think they'd try to optimize it better.

It's second party. ;P

I hope that's a typo, or I might as well have the full game on my HDD (though, that would require me to have a Move setup first).

Takao

Banned
Updated the OP with some new reviews, and information including the PSN release:

PlayStation Move Heroes ($39.99) – Coming March 24, 2011
Get ready for a PlayStation Move Motion Controller adventure like no other as you choose from six legendary heroes to defeat galactic predators so fiendish that it will take all of their combined cunning and skill to vanquish them.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 10.5 GB

If the game is 10GB I hope the install isn't more than half (though no need to install if you're buying it via PSN).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Don't get why this isn't a day of release PSN title. If it's gonna be on PSN, just put it up. I mean Mass Effect 2 did it.

Acrylic7

My precious ps2 era memories, thrown in fire
Sly looks absolutely frightening. I hope his face doesn't look like that in Sly 4.

Takao

Banned
Wario64 said:
Don't get why this isn't a day of release PSN title. If it's gonna be on PSN, just put it up. I mean Mass Effect 2 did it.

grace probably just forgot to upload it or is trying to protect people from playing this game

Massa

Wario64 said:

They didn't ship it until today apparently, so PSN would have it earlier than Gamestop. God forbid that ever happens.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wario64 said:
It takes 2 days to upload 10GB to PSN. 5 days to download for some after that.

Yuterald

I'm actually really curious if this game is any fun. I am a huge Sly, Jak, Ratchet fan, but this game looks like a mess and the fact that it's Move-only puts me to sleep. I do want to pick it up once it hits mega-dumpster territory which won't be long.

I also can't get myself to purchase a Move with the camera and everything. Unless the original Ape Escape team releases a REAL AE4 that requires Move I'm not budging lol!

Takao

Banned
While most of the character complaints are stupid, I do agree that Sackboy probably should've been in this. I doubt Sony would've been able to license a non-ugly Spyro or Crash, but I'd buy this even if it made me sick had they all been in there.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Looks like from the reviews this is underwhelming... kinda had a bad feeling about this one since it was announced.

Is there going to be a limited supply of the Move bundles at Toys "Я" Us or will it still be sold until Sony feels they should cut production?

I haven't picked up the Move yet and needed a reason to. This game originally looked like garbage, but it seems Nihilistic improved quality due to the negative feedback.

Chuck

Still without luck
That box art brings back some awesome memories of the PS2. It also makes me really want a Sly 4 and Jak 4.

Seventy5

I picked this up today, been wanting something new for my Move. I'm actually having fun with it. I'm still in Ratchet & Clank's levels, but it's not bad so far. It's a high score game for sure, I was under the impression it was going to be more level & story based, but I don't mind, I just wish it was a little quicker getting into each level. The first time you do a particular kind of event, the tutorial at the beginning is brutally fucking long, and you can't skip it. Other than that I don't really have any complaints. If it was $60 I'd probably feel a little cheated, but for $40 it's cool. My son is grounded, but he was watching me play a little and he's really anxious to play, so I guess it might be a good kid friendly game.

Takao

Banned
When I become less tired I'll make a banner for TTP's analysis.

ChuckNoLuck said:
That box art brings back some awesome memories of the PS2. It also makes me really want a Sly 4 and Jak 4.

240px-Jak_and_Daxter-_The_Lost_Frontier.jpg

And Sly 4 is in development. :p

fernoca

Well, finally got it. :)
Used the code for the costumes, though haven't put them in-game yet to see how they look.
Played it for around 2 hours, and I'm really enjoying it.

Though I do have to get used to he "fixed reticule" while shooting, everything else..boomerang, bowling motions are really nice. Story intro is a nice touch with all the characters like "wtf are you?"

I avoided demos and many impressions of the game, just limited to a few here and there about how it's just minigames. And while it's true, I'm still having a good time and serves the purpose which was to be a diversion between Killzone 3, Grant Turismo 5 and Yakuza 4. Guess the disappointment of many comes from the fact that it could've been a great action adventure game like their individual games.So I'm glad I got this and for technically $20, was a great deal. Also glad that is minigames focused, because otherwise I would've gotten it later.

Oh! and really like how the Move-sphere changes color depending on the character you play: Ratchet-games = Orange-ish, Jak-games=Blue, Menus=Light blue, etc.

EDIT:
And yep, installation is 6.3GB. Loadings are relatively fast, so guess that helps.

fernoca

Been playing some more, and still liking it. :)
For some reason, the shooting games reminds me of Unreal. Like the way the arenas are designed, the waves of enemies, the announcer. :p

Like also how the sphere changes colors depending on how hot is the gun. So it goes from yellow-ish to red when it overheats. It's also indicated in the screen, so there was no need to, but still nice touch. (on top of all the colors it changes depending on the character, game, or weapons/game you're playing). [Also got used to the "no moving/centered reticule" while shooting and it's ace, though still prefer it the "regular moving reticule" like in Killzone)

Like the varieties in weapons (whip, smash, shooting, bowling, boomerang), missions (protect, rescue, destroy, etc.) and the combinations too.

The definitely not the best game ever, but still fun. Not the adventure-like game one may have expected or wanted, but as a mini-game compilation is still great and have some nice production values. Great visuals, music, voice acting, CG movies, character interaction is fun and or $40 is quite a nice game. (Though I got it for less and it requires move which also requires a camera; so those that didn't jumped at Move before this game probably won't get them in.)

By the way, contrary to the silhouette that appears while calibrating, there's no need to be standing up to play. I've played the game while sitting down, according to the silhouette the Move's on the guy's dick/crotch :p...but as long as you point from were you're going to shoot, and not raise you arms or point directly to the camera, but to the screen it calibrates just perfect (then again, every game's like that).

fernoca said:
Been playing some more, and still liking it. :)
For some reason, the shooting games reminds me of Unreal. Like the way the arenas are designed, the waves of enemies, the announcer. :p

Like also how the sphere changes colors depending on how hot is the gun. So it goes from yellow-ish to red when it overheats. It's also indicated in the screen, so there was no need to, but still nice touch. (on top of all the colors it changes depending on the character, game, or weapons/game you're playing). [Also got used to the "no moving/centered reticule" while shooting and it's ace, though still prefer it the "regular moving reticule" like in Killzone)

Like the varieties in weapons (whip, smash, shooting, bowling, boomerang), missions (protect, rescue, destroy, etc.) and the combinations too.

The definitely not the best game ever, but still fun. Not the adventure-like game one may have expected or wanted, but as a mini-game compilation is still great and have some nice production values. Great visuals, music, voice acting, CG movies, character interaction is fun and or $40 is quite a nice game. (Though I got it for less and it requires move which also requires a camera; so those that didn't jumped at Move before this game probably won't get them in.)

By the way, contrary to the silhouette that appears while calibrating, there's no need to be standing up to play. I've played the game while sitting down, according to the silhouette the Move's on the guy's dick/crotch :p...but as long as you point from were you're going to shoot, and not raise you arms or point directly to the camera, but to the screen it calibrates just perfect (then again, every game's like that).

good to hear that, with more budget and time, maybe Nihilistic can make Resistance NGP a great game on par with Resistance Retribution.

fernoca

Callibretto said:
good to hear that, with more budget and time, maybe Nihilistic can make Resistance NGP a great game on par with Resistance Retribution.
Yeah. The current formula with some improvements and more variety in characters, world, mission would make a great online multiplayer game too. Maybe that's why it reminds me of Unreal tournament III so much.

I also like the interaction between characters, during the movies. Jak's really pissed off and hates Sly. Sly constantly makes fun of Jak as if he's all brawn no brain. Ratchet like doesn't care about anything just wants to have fun. Clank and Bentley seems hate each other, and Daxter..is Daxter. :p

Takao

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
That doesn't count.

Eh, the game was initially in development at Naughty Dog, and apparently is a part of the storyline since Dark Daxter (an ugly thing who only appears in The Lost Frontier) is in this game.

TripOpt55

I got this today. Only played a couple of games and I must have messed up a little on the calibrating because it felt a bit off. Anyway, didn't play enough for any impressions. I did like the opening cutscene though. I really wish we were getting a Jak game on PS3. Maybe ND will do one after Uncharted 3...

TripOpt55

I played through the first world and a bit of Haven City's challenges. I actually think it's kind of fun in a minigame sort of way. I mean it isn't what we want to be playing with these characters, but I think it's pretty fun. I don't really care for the melee and whip challenges as much. I like the shooting ones the best and the bowling/frisbee ones are pretty fun too.

NateDrake

TripOpt55 said:
I played through the first world and a bit of Haven City's challenges. I actually think it's kind of fun in a minigame sort of way. I mean it isn't what we want to be playing with these characters, but I think it's pretty fun. I don't really care for the melee and whip challenges as much. I like the shooting ones the best and the bowling/frisbee ones are pretty fun too.
The game can be fun but it's only fun in short bursts. The games are fun for a short time but the long introduction for each level grows old and the gameplay gets tiresome pretty quickly. It's good for 15-20min plays here and there.

Top Bottom