• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

December 1
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS4)
  • Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends (PS4, PS3)
  • Just Cause 3 (PS4)
  • Rainbow Six Seige (PS4)
December 3
  • Civilization Revolution 2 Plus (Vita)
December 8
  • Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space (Vita)
  • Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (PS4)
  • Guns, Gore & Cannoli (PS4)
December 10
  • Among the Sleep (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3)
  • Freedom Wars (Vita)
  • Gauntlet: Slayer Edition (PS4)
  • King’s Quest – Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember (PS4)
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (Vita)
  • SSX (PS3)

WQhwkXV.png

• There is now a VitaGAF PS4 community for everyone here who wants to play PS4 games together, discuss the Vita, or do anything else really. Please message me, KB, or Kudo on GAF/Twitter/Line/PSN (AbstractChaos) with your GAF username and PSN ID at some point before or after you request an invite.
  • Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

jA4fVw4.png

Kudo

Gauntlet and Freedom Wars are definitely appreciated.

I need to find something I can spend my Christmas/New Years on.. Hopefully PSX will have Demon's Souls something "available today".. Oh one can dream.

Videogame Awards and PSX announcements this month. Sony we hungry for more! Even though my wallet is basically already destroyed with everything that is confirmed and coming next year.

RK128

Wow, on top of the Wall of Shame once again :D!

Looking forward to what the PSX brings and enjoying my time with the PS+ games & Lost Song :).

This might be the month I finally get my Vita! Super exited to get to play the best Vita gems according to VitaGAF. I really hope there is no Vita-3000 announcement at PSX because I finally got the 2000 :mad:

RK128

This might be the month I finally get my Vita! Super exited to get to play the best Vita gems according to VitaGAF. I really hope there is no Vita-3000 announcement at PSX because I finally got the 2000 :mad:

Hope you enjoy getting a Vita man :D!

Don't worry about a Vita 3000 being announced; the most we are getting for Vita-related announcements at the PSX is new cross-platform games with PS4/Vita/PS3 being announced and/or upcoming ports coming to Vita (ex: X-Com, AC: Chronicles, Infinity 3.0, ect).

RK128

Let Cold Steel save the last month of the year.

That is supposed to release this year, right?

If so, it should release around late December or something.

If not, I guess it will release in January, which is fine as it ensures Jan. has a great JRPG to play through :D. Followed by Digimon in Feb and we have to back-to-back quality games releasing within two months :).

New thread! New thread! New thread!

Where's my Axiom Verge for PSV? :(

If it isn't releasing this year, then it will likely release alongside that rumored Wii U port (Jan or Feb 2016).

jvm

Gamasutra.
Just telling you the likely deal man; no need to be upset about it :(.

I've been waiting for the game for a year at this point (don't own a PS4) so I should be upset man XD!
Not blaming you! Just bothered that this is ideal for PSV and it's being left to die. :(

At least we'll get that Iga Castlevania-ish game still, right? :|

RK128

Not blaming you! Just bothered that this is ideal for PSV and it's being left to die. :(

At least we'll get that Iga Castlevania-ish game still, right? :|

Good that we are on the same page buddy. The game is still coming out on Vita, but its taking its sweet time to come to Vita though.....

Heard that the engine the game runs on is not Vita compatible, but considering Bastion runs fine on Vita and that is coming (hopefully) before the year ends, Axiom Verge is likely going to release after that game.

And the IGA game is not coming out until 2017 man :l. A veeeerrrrryyy long wait for that one X(.

autoduelist

I'm really hoping that Ragnarok Odyssey Ace goes on sale this month, as I'd really like to pick that one up.

Under NO circumstances download the free DLC. It's all intentionally OP for people that already played the original and want to rush through the content to get to the new stuff. It'll ruin your game if you haven't played it before.

Hikami

My Black Friday purchases got here like 4 days earlier than they were supposed to, nice.

Nothing I'm interested in coming out this month so I've got time to catch up with all the crap I've bought in the last 2 months.
I'm actually hoping Trails of Cold Steel gets delayed

Ventara

Before the sale is over, anyone here interested in selling me on Amnesia? I've never played an otome game, but it's cheap enough that I'm considering giving it a try. Also, Vita or Steam? I really want to play it on my Vita, but it's $3 on Steam versus $9 on Vita.

Edit: Apparently all the dudes are jerks? I'll pass, in that case. I find that if I can't bring myself to like the characters, then I end up hating the whole game, regardless of how the rest is.

Flunkie

Banned
Anyone wanting to coop Freedom Wars, hit me up. Still need to grind a little for that platinum trophy.

I'm really hoping that Ragnarok Odyssey Ace goes on sale this month, as I'd really like to pick that one up.

You have enough to play for a month with SAO HF.

Tizoc

Ask not how I made it to wall of shame.
Ask whether I could make it for this thread as well.

Chuy

New thread! And here i thought PSN Gaf fell off the face of the earth.
Caved and bought J Stars+ and SAO:HF. They're fun and great games but RIP memory card if i want them both at the same time.

Videogame Awards and PSX announcements this month. Sony we hungry for more! Even though my wallet is basically already destroyed with everything that is confirmed and coming next year.
Try being a cheapass and only buy games on sale even if it means waiting forever but i'm pretty sure that this conversation has been had before.

Let Cold Steel save the last month of the year.
Is it even confirmed to release this month? Honest question. I got a few peeps into the series when TiTs FC went on sale and are interested in cold steel.

That would be my dream announcement but i doubt it'll happen. Maybe if we're lucky they'll announce 64gb finally coming overseas.

Anyone wanting to coop Freedom Wars, hit me up. Still need to grind a little for that platinum trophy.
Wasn't there a small group of people interested in going multiplayer once upon a time? I'm still down for it just need free time is all.
Also yeah SAO will definitely be a time sink

WORST BOSS EVER..
Final boss? Flamethrower + flash grenade + setting accessory to only follow/revive is a good strategy to employ here

Is it even confirmed to release this month? Honest question. I got a few peeps into the series when TiTs FC went on sale and are interested in cold steel.

It's been heavily suggested as still on track for this month as of just a little over a week ago. However nothing official has been said yet and the only thing we have is the "placeholder" date that has been the 15th for over a month at this point, yet was changed only a few days ago to the 22nd for Gamestop/EBgames. No other retailers have changed the date yet which kinda throws the whole thing up in the air.

*This is ofcourse for NA only, Europe has no chance of getting it this year.

Have you played every other hunting game on the Vita yet?

I have played Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice. I want to get this and Toukiden Kiwami. I'm a sucker for hunting games.

I'll let you know when I play Freedom Wars to co-op. And yes I do know I have plenty to play. I am still in the frame of mind of playing catch-up with the releases I missed.

I got gifted $10 on PSN, so I decided to blow my money on something I otherwise wouldn't.

I've never seen the anime. I'm just gonna dive right in.

This can't possibly end badly.

Countdown 'til pariah stops to go back and watch the anime....

In three, two....

Consumer

Only exciting thing this month imo is the Rocket League DLC dropping this month.

-Mad Max DLC today
-Hockey DLC mid-Dec
-Portal 2 DLC

Hype!

Shun

For those who have JP PS+

Sen no Kiseki II, Steins Gate, Freedom Wars, Dragon Fin Soup, Limbo, Caladrius Blaze, Lunatic Dawn Odyssey, ADK Tamashii.

Freedom Wars was a mistake, it was so much disappointment, so much ass. Please if there is a second one, make it not suck.

Ahh...good old Freedom Wars....I bought it during sale that time.

Interested in Gauntlet: Slayers Edition for this month. Looking forward to it.

VLiberty

The time is now to get a ps4. I see it's not uncommon to fin it under 300€ at least secondhand.

Do you think it will be cheaper(new) after christmas?

yaffi

The time is now to get a ps4. I see it's not uncommon to fin it under 300€ at least secondhand.

Do you think it will be cheaper(new) after christmas?

Personally I'm waiting for 1TB PS4 + game for <300€ and I'm pretty sure it's getting there soon.

Top Bottom