• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Tizoc

I have a question, I recently got my brother's PS3 since he wasn't using it cause he got a PS4, and I remember reading when PS plus first came out that you'd have an "instant collection". Well, I checked it out and to my surprise only PS All Stars was available for download. Where did all the other games go? or am I doing something wrong and they're there and I didn't look carefully enough?

If that's your brother's account then your brother must not have 'Bought' them for free.

Whenever a game is a plus freebie you must add it to your cart and then check out/'buy it' so you can play it.
Seems your brother only got that one game?

zruben

Banned
I have a question, I recently got my brother's PS3 since he wasn't using it cause he got a PS4, and I remember reading when PS plus first came out that you'd have an "instant collection". Well, I checked it out and to my surprise only PS All Stars was available for download. Where did all the other games go? or am I doing something wrong and they're there and I didn't look carefully enough?

The instant game collection was removed some months ago :/

jorgeton

They changed how the collection works. Before they had games that would be available over many months (Uncharted, WipeOut Vita, etc.) but now they're only putting up a handful of new games per month, so if you don't purchase or download the month they're up, you miss em.

Colocho

Banned
If that's your brother's account then your brother must not have 'Bought' them for free.

Whenever a game is a plus freebie you must add it to your cart and then check out/'buy it' so you can play it.
Seems your brother only got that one game?

No, he got plenty of the games and I can play them, but I'm pretty sure he missed some and I was gonna see what they were, and to my surprise there was only one to download (which I downloaded right away)

The instant game collection was removed some months ago :/

They changed how the collection works. Before they had games that would be available over many months (Uncharted, WipeOut Vita, etc.) but now they're only putting up a handful of new games per month, so if you don't purchase or download the month they're up, you miss em.

Well that's a damn shame, if someone decided to recently invest in the service, he gets pretty much no value at all.

AndyD

aka andydumi
No, he got plenty of the games and I can play them, but I'm pretty sure he missed some and I was gonna see what they were, and to my surprise there was only one to download (which I downloaded right away)

Well that's a damn shame, if someone decided to recently invest in the service, he gets pretty much no value at all.

It's the same amount of content, just spread out vs. most at once. According to some, before there were too few and unpredictable changes, whereas now its predictable and healthy update monthly. According to others, it was nice to have a solid instant game collection, and now you get little at the initial signup.

I think before they were making the sign-up carrot as big as possible, but you got less on a regular basis. Now that initial carrot is largely supplemented by the online gaming requirement, so they prefer to lay out games over a period of time to encourage steady subscription rather than signups. It's essentially shifted into a maintenance and retention scheme from a sign up scheme.

It's the same amount of content, just spread out vs. most at once. According to some, before there were too few and unpredictable changes, whereas now its predictable and healthy update monthly. According to others, it was nice to have a solid instant game collection, and now you get little at the initial signup.

I think before they were making the sign-up carrot as big as possible, but you got less on a regular basis. Now that initial carrot is largely supplemented by the online gaming requirement, so they prefer to lay out games over a period of time to encourage steady subscription rather than signups. It's essentially shifted into a maintenance and retention scheme from a sign up scheme.

For me, PS+ paid for itself the first year it was out when i got Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush for free on the Vita. It was almost dumb to pass up 3 games instantly available with more games to come.

These days, the selection for the Vita isn't as strong but that's mostly due to the fact that the last big budget Vita game to come out was Killzone. but it was really worth it for those 3 games, and the smaller games we've been getting are pretty decent.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I remember when I first joined PS Plus and had access to ten games day 1. Ten. That was ridiculous value and paid for itself without even taking future months in to account. It was a real wow feeling. New PS Plus owners don't get that especially if they don't have all the platforms. It's the same amount of games every month but the initial investment of the sub is nowhere near as attractive. I feel like the only reason they changed it is because the multiplayer requirement makes it so they don't need to make the sub seem like such good value anymore.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I remember when I first joined PS Plus and had access to ten games day 1. Ten. That was ridiculous value and paid for itself without even taking future months in to account. It was a real wow feeling. New PS Plus owners don't get that especially if they don't have all the platforms. It's the same amount of games every month but the initial investment of the sub is nowhere near as attractive. I feel like the only reason they changed it is because the multiplayer requirement makes it so they don't need to make the sub seem like such good value anymore.

2 to 6 games a month is a terrific value...and spread it out over a year and by golly you got a stew going.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
2 to 6 games a month is a terrific value...and spread it out over a year and by golly you got a stew going.
It is but nevertheless just looking at the igc for someone curious about Plus it doesn't look anywhere near as much value as it used to especially if you don't own all the platforms. The initial investment doesn't look as attractive now stuff doesn't stay in the igc longer than a month.

TUSR

Banned
Im curious as to how this thread differentiates from the PSN monthly threads, seeing how the OP hasn't been updated since January.

I forgot I subscribed to this one as its only been bumped every couple of days.

Heel

Im curious as to how this thread differentiates from the PSN monthly threads, seeing how the OP hasn't been updated since January.

I forgot I subscribed to this one as its only been bumped every couple of days.

It's not just about Vita imports.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Possible PS+ games should be: Pix the Cat, Chariot and Costume Quest 2. I don't think any of the games on sale for EU/US will be candidates.

Possible PS+ games should be: Pix the Cat, Chariot and Costume Quest 2. I don't think any of the games on sale for EU/US will be candidates.

That would be a solid get. Would dovetail nicely with the PC release since it also drops next Tuesday on the 7th, when the new PS+ offerings would likely become available. Halloween-themed and family friendly.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
That would be a solid get. Would dovetail nicely with the PC release since it also drops next Tuesday on the 7th, when the new PS+ offerings would likely become available. Halloween-themed and family friendly.

Given Sony's relationship with Double Fine in the past I would deem it highly likely. The Cave was PS+ when it was released. Grim Fandango being console exclusive to PlayStation and The Playroom. It also hasn't been had a post on the PS blog and it's not up for pre-order. I really hope it's announced tomorrow.

Smarty86

Gimme dat Helldivers! Arrowhead is so quiet about the release, i really hope it will come with PS+. But to be honest, i doubt it...

Gimme dat Helldivers! Arrowhead is so quiet about the release, i really hope it will come with PS+. But to be honest, i doubt it...

Helldivers would be top notch.

But my guess is we will get OlliOlli and Spelunky for PS4. As a Bonus we will get Driveclub.

PS3 will be Luftrausers and an AAA Title nobody wants.

Vita will be Terraria and Entwined.

Vodh

It is but nevertheless just looking at the igc for someone curious about Plus it doesn't look anywhere near as much value as it used to especially if you don't own all the platforms. The initial investment doesn't look as attractive now stuff doesn't stay in the igc longer than a month.

Activate it a day before the titles change and you get 12 games. Sounds pretty good to me, especially since by that time you know what's coming.

Donos

OlliOlli had just a sale for 4.40€ for all versions (you get PS3,PS4 and PSV version) so i don't think that it will be this month. Maybe in 3-4.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Ooh. PS+ or not, I'd love for it to arrive next week with the Steam version.

JoshHood

There's a sale on digital-only PS4 games in the EU at the moment, and the notable absence is Octodad, so I'm predicting that for a Plus game.

I also realised Plus is now affecting my purchases for the first time this week: Oddworld is on sale for a pretty good price, but almost all of the other series games have gone on Plus and I don't wanna get burned come November or something. So yeah, sorry JAW :(

Rosur

There's a sale on digital-only PS4 games in the EU at the moment, and the notable absence is Octodad, so I'm predicting that for a Plus game.

I also realised Plus is now affecting my purchases for the first time this week: Oddworld is on sale for a pretty good price, but almost all of the other series games have gone on Plus and I don't wanna get burned come November or something. So yeah, sorry JAW :(

Yea I'm waiting for plus to be announced before buying anything in the sale hope they get announced today.

Luftrausers is PS3/PS Vita only. Or did I miss its PS4 version announcement?

I'm not sure I just remember lots being said about it around the PS4 launch can't remember if it did come to the PS4 though...

Hasney

There seems to be a lot of speculation that Injustice will be announced today. Can't see what that's based on though, other than other versions being on Plus before.

NHale

I see the Golf Club is discounted with PS+, worth the £22 price tag now?

If you are a golf fan that likes games without handholding sure and you can play games just for the pleasure of playing some rounds. If you like traditional games with the typical career mode then no.

jetsetrez

Would really love Entwined, OlliOlli, Rogue Legacy, Swapper, Steamworld Dig, Octodad, or Valiant Hearts for PS4. Just wish they'd let us know so I can decide what to spend money on now.

atomsk

Party Pooper

Having bought Octodad at launch, I'm just waiting for that free DLC to come out.

They submitted to Cert a couple days ago, so sometime in October I'd imagine.

This month is an exception since the first Wednesday for America is the 7th so they are delaying the EU PS+ content to align up with them. They have also been announcing the games later recently, as in the week before.
Is that confirmed?

They explicitly said it will be the first Wednesday of the month. Not 'first Wednesday of the month unless the first Wednesday of the month occurs before the first Tuesday of the month because we don't want to upset the USA, so in which case it'll be the second Wednesday of the month'.

I'm sure they forward plan these things so to have not foreseen these occurrences is pretty stupid.

Klart

But my guess is we will get OlliOlli and Spelunky for PS4. As a Bonus we will get Driveclub.

PS3 will be Luftrausers and an AAA Title nobody wants.

Vita will be Terraria and Entwined.

OlliOlli, Luftrausers, and Entwined are all in the current sale.

Very unlikely they'll be coming to Plus right now.

Spelunky seems certain & Mass Effect has a good chance for PS3.

Top Bottom