• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 12/11/08

drmcclin said:
wtf is power up forever?

Twin stick shooter, half Flow and half Super Stardust HD. I'm not sure what kind of staying power it will have but my early impressions are positive and it looks AMAZING.

soldat7

SnakeXs said:
discounttent4cfbb.jpg

Lots of clever pics and gifs in the NPD thread but this one wins the prize. *high-five*

I needed Lumines today! Meteos Wars was meh...

maxax

BeeDog said:
Is the Blast Factor patch even up yet?
And by the way, this is exactly the reason why I buy my games on the US store. echochrome for $5 and trophies!

Still, :'(

GrayFoxPL

Seems like no one got the cheap Astro Tripper.

I'm going to blind buy then.

Lol if it shows up to be better then soldner.

Roxas

GrayFoxPL said:

I'm trying to buy it but the Store is completely fucked for me. Cant checkout anything, just keep getting an error message. From what ive heard, its a decent shooter for the price.

Tntnnbltn

So Jet Rider 2 comes out this week. With all the Jet Rider 1 tracks as unlockables. The very next week after I buy Jet Rider 1.

Worst part is I'm tempted to double dip. Is it worth it?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
GrayFoxPL said:

I bought it last night. It's a fairly disposable game, but it's quite good.

Benedict said:
Sony LIKES money, the map-packs are still charged for fully in EU.

I can't believe how Sony is failing completely in their online-efforts with shit like this.
I wouldn't be surprised if Insomniac hasn't even discussed the idea of making map packs free yet to SCEE and SCEJ (if they aren't free in Japan). They probably just convinced SCEA to do it first.

Just because SCEA lowers a price, doesn't mean SCEE or SCEJ will. They don't really communicate with each other on PS Store pricing and so on. Various sales and promotions are on a region by region cases.

test_account

XP-39C²
I bought Astro Tripper yesterday and i like the game :) Astro Tripper kind of reminds me alittle of the old classical game called Dropzone when it comes to the gameplay, except that you see it from a top view instead of from the side like you do in Dropzone.

I also liked what the game costed :) Even if i should find the game boring and not play it for more than like 5-10 minutes, i probably still wouldnt regret buying it because i think the price for this game is very nice. And to look on the positive side, i would have supported a small game developer anyway :)

Is there something wrong with the trophies in Astro Tripper by the way? Everytime i start the game it loads in the trophies, and when i try to sync the trophies to my PSN, the Astro Tripper trophies doesnt show up under my profile. The trophies are visible localy on my Playstation 3 though.

Tntnnbltn

BoilersFan23 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Insomniac hasn't even discussed the idea of making map packs free yet to SCEE and SCEJ (if they aren't free in Japan). They probably just convinced SCEA to do it first.
I was under the impression that pricing was solely decided by SCEA/SCEE/SCEJ for these things anyway.
Is there something wrong with the trophies in Astro Tripper by the way? Everytime i start the game it loads in the trophies, and when i try to sync the trophies to my PSN, the Astro Tripper trophies doesnt show up under my profile. The trophies are visible localy on my Playstation 3 though.
Some people were saying something similar for GTI Club.

CLEEK

Astro Tripper is a pretty poor conversion of the old Space Tripper game, which itself was a modern update to Uridium. The PSN version has a slightly flaky frame rate, several second loading times between levels (I'm sure the entire game could fit in the PS3's RAM) and the controls can't be configured.

But the game itself is just as sweet as when it came out on PC all those years ago. It's been years since I've played the PC game, but going from memory, the PS3 version is the same - same levels, same graphics, same SFX. So it's absolutely worth the asking price, but not an update, just an old PC game brought to PSN.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
How does the dual stick element work? It doesn't look dual stick in the vid. he's just shooting left or right.

CLEEK

It's not dual stick. D-pad or left stick moves your ship, X fires, Square swaps between blue laser and red wide shot, Circle changes the direction you face. That's it. You scroll left/right along closed off horizontal areas, taking out a set number of spawning enemies to clear the level. Killing certain enemies give you weapon upgrade, which you retain when you die. The game also has a number of boss encounters.

I like it a lot. Well, I liked it a lot when I first played it on PC. The change of name led me to think this was an update, bit it's not. If you haven't played it before, it's certainly worth the tiny cost.

test_account

XP-39C²
Tntnnbltn said:
Some people were saying something similar for GTI Club.
Ah ok, thanks for the info! :) I just checked the website for PomPom games (those who developed Astro Tripper) and it says that there seems to be some issues with the syncing of the trophies to the PSN.

http://pompomgames.com/

There is also a description in one of the trophies that is abit missleading:

PomPomGames.com said:
Firstly, the Spidery Point trophy has a slightly misleading description. It should say, ‘Destroy the Spider Boss on Arachnophobia without destroying any of its weapons.’
We will be sure to change this text in the next possible update.
I was wondering why i didnt get this trophy when i killed the boss, i thought you had to take out every weapon on that boss, but it seems to be the other way around :)

Tntnnbltn

test_account said:
Ah ok, thanks for the info! :) I just checked the website for PomPom games (those who developed Astro Tripper) and it says that there seems to be some issues with the syncing of the trophies to the PSN.

http://pompomgames.com/
Update:
pompom Says:
December 12th, 2008 at 7:39 am

It looks like it might take up to 3 days for the trophies to propagate through the system…

Returners

did anyone try the Namco Museum thing on Jap PSN?

I freaking love the idea.

p.s. What are the gifts that you unlock in Home?

buffi

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
New PixelJunk Eden patch and demo will be released in Japan and Europe this Friday (19th December). More info in the official thread.

It will most likely be released in about 2-3 weeks after that in the US then, if it uses the same time frame as PJM Encore.

I have a question about Astro Tripper, and didn't know where to put it, so her it is. How the fuck do I beat the first boss, the spider. I'm sure I'm being really stupid but its pissing me off anyway.
Seems like a decent little game, though i seem to be having problems with the trophies as some people mentioned. Why does it have to load your trophies every time you start anyway, wierd.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ok am I the only one bothered with Astro Tripper resolution? It's looks like it's running in SD on my 1080p display. Looks pretty shitty.

fr4nz

number1jagsfan said:
I have a question about Astro Tripper, and didn't know where to put it, so her it is. How the fuck do I beat the first boss, the spider. I'm sure I'm being really stupid but its pissing me off anyway.
Seems like a decent little game, though i seem to be having problems with the trophies as some people mentioned. Why does it have to load your trophies every time you start anyway, wierd.

stay in front of him while avoiding his bullets, it will open it self, exposing its core. shoot at it ... usualy, it will die after 2 attacks (if you shoot quickly enough).

panda21

japan psn so far has only had one update on 15th this week..

come on biohazard 5 demo splurge on 18th...

its not going to happen but i can dream

kassatsu

Banned
panda21 said:
japan psn so far has only had one update on 15th this week..

come on biohazard 5 demo splurge on 18th...

its not going to happen but i can dream
You know you love LocoRoco wallpapers.

This week's thread will be up tonight after the HK/JPN store update.

Top Bottom