• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
DW6XyL2.gif

Kokonoe

Banned
The corners of a few of the holographics aren't rounded like the other cards like they haven't been cut properly. The borders also look a little bigger along certain sides, depending on the card.
Anyone care to put my mind at ease?

Keep in mind that not every card is always created equal, and also with time, different printers were used or certain things were changed. The original Base 1 cards had a less thick font for the lettering for HP, and holographic cards use a special type of paper compared to normal cards.

I can't really tell from that screenshot, but it doesn't look fake. It's really hard to made a holographic fake, and I don't think it's actually possible to make one with their holographic unless they use their machines and their settings.

Stealth brag?

stealthbrag_zpsa6400e96.jpg

Stage On

How did that mud fish end up getting so much merch anyhow? It doesn't exactly strike me as the most marketable pokemon.

qq more

I wouldn't mind another GSC remake only for Johto and Kanto in 3D... :O... (It won't happen :()

I'll settle with a Hoenn or Sinnoh remake too. I especially liked Sinnoh.

backlot

Aren't the original games handled by a separate team though?

I think the team that did HGSS went on to make BW2. I would be ok with more direct sequels rather than remakes. An even better idea would be to have the second team make more original stuff like HarmoKnight or Drill Dozer.

I think the team that did HGSS went on to make BW2. I would be ok with more direct sequels rather than remakes. An even better idea would be to have the second team make more original stuff like HarmoKnight or Drill Dozer.

You know I'm all up for Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2 :D

JoeM86

Aren't the original games handled by a separate team though?

From what we know, there are two teams in GameFreak...three when they do things like Drill Dozer and HarmoKnight.

The first team does the main game that starts the generation, and the second team aids in this. The second team then works from the completion of that game and does things like remakes and/or enhanced versions. In Gen V, they did Black 2 & White 2. The first team then starts to put plans in place for the next generation.

As much as Iove Sapphire, I kind of hope they skip the Gen III and IV remakes and go right to Gen V just so I can see the crocodile tears ;P

Top Bottom