• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Mknzy

Got super lucky while I was out this afternoon and had a 10k egg hatch me a Chancey. Overall this event wasn't that great for me, but in the end I managed to get all of the pokemon from it that I didn't already have.

PSFan

So will the babies be found in the wild now or will they still be only hatched from eggs?

And I'm hoping they might make the exclusive gen 1 pokemon non-exclusive now.

Yay! Hopefully Porygon is only 50 to evolve with 2 requiring the 100. This past event got me ready for Porygons evolutions!

I also hope theres an Easter Egg for evolving the new Eevees.

All I really need tho is a damn Chansey. Hope I can find one soonish.

And please let region exclusives roam around or at least announce trading already guys.

Yay! Hopefully Porygon is only 50 to evolve with 2 requiring the 100. This past event got me ready for Porygons evolutions!

All I really need tho is a damn Chansey. Hope I can find one soonish.

And please let region exclusives roam around or at least announce trading already guys.
Porygon will likely evolve using an evolution item, which have been confirmed to be coming, and will be distributed via stops.

Event was very hit and miss for me.
Started off great with my mass 10K hatch resulting in 140 Snorlax candies, then was total crap for days with no interesting catches except for a few Porygon.
Decided to go all out today and went for a 6 hour walk around London... caught 4 Chanseys, a Snorlax, about 6 Lickitung and several Porygon. Hatched a ton of eggs too but got mainly crap.
Hatched thirteen 10K eggs during the event and got 3 or 4 Smoochums.

I have about 800 Jynx candy now. What the fuck am I going to do with 800 Jynx candy?!

Also hit level 32 this morning and already have 107000xp, probably the most xp I've ever gained in one day.

Very excited about the new update!

Awayze

Neo Member
Gyrados with Bite is stiil pretty good against Snorlax.

But overall Gyrados is kinda junk anyway. The only positive thing is that Magikarp candy is so plentiful that it is easy to power them up to 2800-3000 CP and have them occupy a high rank on a captured tower.
I just don't have the time to catch Magikarps so I really wanted one with Hydro Pump but I can't take down gyms anyway, I don't have any decent Pokemon but was banking on that Gyarados to have Hydro Pump. My 90% IV Vape with Hydro Pump is 127cp which isn't so great.

I also was monitoring spawns in London and a fair few Lapras and Aerodactyls spawned early morning. Could easily get them.

Replicant

Completed my Slowpoke and Lickitung Attack/Defense collection. So I guess the event helped with that.

Wished I had more luck with Chansey and Porygon though. All of my Chanseys have crap IVs and the Porygon with good IVs have shit movesets.

I only a saw a couple Slowpoke (and hatched one), and a Slowbro, all at the same stop. Probably caught like 40 Chansey and God knows how many Jigglypuff (I had like 600 Jigglypuff candy earlier), though never saw a Wigglytuff. Exeggcute was everywhere, but has always been reasonably common here. Ironically only caught a few Clefairy despite them naturally being common on campus, but I caught two Clefable. Got maybe a dozen Lickitung. Saw and caught exactly 1 Porygon, my third ever and only one not to be from an egg. Hatched two Smoochum (ugh) and one Igglybuff. No Cleffa at all, and never got one before the event, but I still have a couple 2km eggs to go.

Caught a few Ditto too, but were those even part of the event?

Well I managed to finally catch a Chansey to complete my Pokedex... well besides the baby Pokémon that aren't Smoochum and Cleffa.

And it's funny how as soon as this happens, they will be releasing 80 more Pokémon. 😂

Oh well, bring 'em on!

So final day of the event and no Chansey, guess I will never be able to get one.

How's that even possible? My sessions were less than a hour, and I got 11 Chansey during the event. I also got four extra Porygon, with a few Jigglypuff and Exeggcute. Lickitung showed up frequently, but I didn't go after them.

For some reason, I didn't really see Clefairy or Clefable.

HardRojo

On their official FB page:

"To help you prepare for upcoming adventures, Pokémon Storage upgrades require 50% fewer PokéCoins starting the afternoon of Feb. 16–28 PST!"

Welp, time to stock up on coins. I hope they also go with my suggestion of raising the 1000 limit.

Replicant

On their official FB page:

"To help you prepare for upcoming adventures, Pokémon Storage upgrades require 50% fewer PokéCoins starting the afternoon of Feb. 16–28 PST!"

Welp, time to stock up on coins. I hope they also go with my suggestion of raising the 1000 limit.

Ugh. Useless to me. I'm already @ 1000/1000.

HardRojo

Ugh. Useless to me. I'm already @ 1000/1000.

I was hoping for them to raise the 1000 cap and also bump everyone's current capacity by 150, so that the new default becomes 400 and people who already bought expansions benefit from the bump too. So you'd have 1150/1500 or something like that.

I didn't get a slowpoke or a Jynx. Now I might never

Definitely try looking by nearby rivers or other bodies of water. Slowpoke are generally common but they seem to usually only be by rivers at least near me.

I was thinking they already had the day/night cycle in the game, and the first time you evolve after the update you can get the new eeveelutions.

And yeah, Gen 2 will be great but they need to add a fundamental thing like trading asap.

Dishwalla

Banned
The only Pokemon I currently don't have is Lapras and Togepi/Togetic. Have hatched a ton of 5 k eggs the last couple of months and I keep getting the same Meowths and such, but no damn Togepi, it's the only baby I haven't gotten yet. Don't know if I'll ever get my Lapras.

JavyOO7

I like the new overworld music. Its pretty nice. The theme to try to catch Pokemon changed a bit too. Wonder if gym theme changed?

Joni

I'll bite. But they should have been nice and given one or two upgrades for free.

How's that even possible? My sessions were less than a hour, and I got 11 Chansey during the event. I also got four extra Porygon, with a few Jigglypuff and Exeggcute. Lickitung showed up frequently, but I didn't go after them.

Event was biome specific. I only saw two Chansey myself.

Porygon will likely evolve using an evolution item, which have been confirmed to be coming, and will be distributed via stops.

It isn't clear if you also need Candy with the Evolution Item?

Halving the cost to get Pokémon storage upgrades? Nice. I finished my bag upgrades a week or so ago and was about to move onto Pokémon, which I've only upgraded sporadically. Sitting on 450 right now, with 160 coins saved up. If I try I should be able to get fairly close to maxing out before the event ends, if not all the way.

Firemind

Ha I'm only at 500/1000 storage. I don't have 1250 coins though :(

edit: oh wait it's just 100 per upgrade so 1000 coins. i could do that before the end of the month...

GeoGonzo

Son of a... I bought a pokemon storage upgrade just yesterday! But I guess I should be able to get one or two upgrades more in the next few days, though. 🤔

JoeM86

Scyther requires 40 candy and 1 Metal Coat to evolve

C4xqfzxWcAAylRi.jpg
C4xqg_XWAAA4jXu.jpg

fisheyes

I'm pretty sure I banked about 90 Scyther candy when there was a nest nearby, so that works for me. I was expecting it to cost more so I'm happy with that, I wonder how hard metal coats will be to find though.

I'm interested in seeing how much is needed for something like Bellossum then, too.

Joni

I hope they are kind and wait until Sunday. I want to hunt some Machop first. Basically give us a couple of days to get our affairs in order.

Got two gyms right now that might even hold longer so I might get 100 coins to get one upgrade.

Leveled up my Machamp to 30. Don't now what to level up next so gen 2 is coming at a perfect timing

Dynasty

Was really hoping to catch a Chansey since Chansey and Snorlax are the only pokemon I need to complete the UK-Jhoto pokedex. Well I do need a Muk and Omastar but since I have Omanyte and Grimer I can just walk them to gain candy if I have to.

For some reason, I didn't really see Clefairy or Clefable.

They just didnt spawn where I lived, I caught plenty of Porygons and Jigglypuffs, Im currently on 150(correction 201) porygon candy. I also caught a few Lickitungs but 0 Chanseys.

Top Bottom