• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Got lucky and caught a Porygon!

Caught like 6 so far today. But that's the only thing the lure I put into my house is good for. Everything else is birds and rattatat. A Jigglypuff from time to time but that's it. At least I got a good amount of star dust so far but I don't feel that lure is worth it.

Oh yeah I caught a lvl 30 Ditto (4/13/14) so that's cool.

Oxx

It's been quiet today. Just going through a few 2km eggs to make room.

I put a lure on at 9pm last night but didn't stay awake for all of it.

Here's an update on my top Pokemon

rWwIsA8.png

e3pWRsJ.png

Right now I'm working on that Lapras and getting a Machamp in there.

Dishwalla

Banned
Lynnhaven Mall in Virginia Beach is a Porygon nest right now, which is pretty cool. Walked around the place for and hour and I got 8 of them.

Joni

Found another Grimer and only need one more Magikarp for a Gyriados. Too bad I couldn't find a good Machop nest this weekend or it would be perfect.

Wild Blastoise appeared at my house. Girlfriend logged in, caught it in one go. I throw eight ultra balls at the thing - every single ball doesn't even do one full shake, it breaks out literally instantaneously. Flees.

Fuck sake.

HATCHED AN AERODACTYL!!

Now I only need a Snorlax, the end is in sight :')

Also came home to a Muk sitting on my house which was cool. Plus four Chansey and six Porygon in the last couple days getting me ready for gen 2.

Awayze

Neo Member
Over 200 Porygon candy with like 30 to transfer yet no Chansey or Clefairy spanwns in the 4 hours I've played so far. I thought Chansey was advertised to increase in spawn and not just bombardments of Jigglypuffs and Porygons.

Over 200 Porygon candy with like 30 to transfer yet no Chansey or Clefairy spanwns in the 4 hours I've played so far. I thought Chansey was advertised to increase in spawn and not just bombardments of Jigglypuffs and Porygons.
Same here but I found one chansey so far. Keep looking I think you'll find one sooner or later.

Joqu

Some Jigglypuff and Porygon here (which I already had anyway), but still no Chansey or Lickitung or Clefairy/fable. Lickitung did appear on my nearby once, but it got away before I could get to it.

Hopefully I've got a Cleffa in one of my eggs at least, but this event has been horrible for me. I'm going out tomorrow so hopefully I get something then, but if not this is just a disappointment.

I mean, look at that. If it weren't for the candy I'd be questioning whether this was going at all.

By me its a sea of pink....Jigglypuff and Clefairy that is.
I spotted a few Lickitungs on the first day of the event, grabbed one but i already caught one before (on my birthday last year! :D ) so I don't really need more.

Joqu

By me its a sea of pink....Jigglypuff and Clefairy that is.
I spotted a few Lickitungs on the first day of the event, grabbed one but i already caught one before (on my birthday last year! :D ) so I don't really need more.

I really don't get why it isn't a sea of pink here to be honest. Things were crowded during the Halloween event and at Christmas the Pikachu were everywhere. Oh well.

ZeroCDR

I've got a few places I want to check out before the event ends, but still no Chansey.

The local mall is a Porygon nest which has been nice, and I've also managed to accumulate five 10KM eggs when I hadn't seen any in months, hopefully one is a Chansey. Hatched a Snorlax and Kabuto so far, that Snorlax candy... :)

GulAtiCa

After getting to 40 Snorlax candies, decided to take my mid 2300s CP Snorlax (51%ish IV caught in wild) and level it up to 2741 CP. Until I hatch another Snorlax with good moveset, I'll keep it at that. After this last walking bit, it be back to a Dratini buddy for me. Or maybe Rhyhorn

If I see one more damned Jigglypuff, so help me god I am going to buy a stuffed one just to set it on fire. Ugh.

Alao, how large do Dratini get in the wild? I have a 479 I am walking, but I am wondering if they get bigger. They never spawn where I live, so I really have no idea.

Awayze

Neo Member
I did not see any Chansey's anywhere, even in heavily lured areas, I walked pretty much everywhere in city centre and only Porygon mass spawns in one area around universities and Jigglypuff is everywhere, Clefairy and Chansey are super rare, I saw maybe 2 Clefairy's, It's far to cold and windy as well, rules out walking to hatch Staryu's and Weedles.

Joni

Snagged a surprise Dratini when I popped to a stop to get my last Magikarp. Yes, he got Twister that Gyriados but still, it is one step to Dex completion.

ZeroCDR

Hatched a Chansey! Stats don't sound too good, but glad to finally check it off the list.

Sans region exclusives, I just need Aerodactyl and Hitmonlee now.

Podge293

In Madrid with the wife for the weekend (extended till Tuesday). Holy shit they've a much better selection of Pokemon.

I've nearly completed the full dex (well as much as possible) from catching them here.

They're seemingly impossible in Ireland

Growlie19

I live in Jigglypuff town, with a handful of Exeggcute, Slowpoke, and Lickitung. Porygon and Clefairy and more common downtown, and I got lucky with a Chansey spawn before work. Doubtful I'll find another Chansey, but man am I ready for Porygon2 and Slowking come gen 2 (and Lickilicky and Porygon-Z in the far, far future).

Joni

Did a mass evolve. Managed to get a personal best 77 despite a miscalculation. You don't get double candy for evolving a Pokemon.

Oxx

It's a shame that I'm going to spend the last couple of days of this event holding nothing but 5km eggs.

But I've had some successes earlier on.

Chansey on my nearby tonight. In a locked park. Of course it fucking was.

Every time a rare spawns in my area it's at night, in an inaccessible area.
I wish they'd do something to sort that out.

Found a spot with lickatung in town. Gonna head there tomorrow. Got my glasses today so finally I can go outside again 😂
Had a blast today. Fighting and training gyms was so much fun again. Can't wait to play tomorrow again.

holy fuck

it happened.

I HATCHED A FUCKING GRIMER. With 42 candy to boot. Praise RNGesus.

Now I just need to hatch a Cleffa (I have two 2km eggs from this event right now, so here's hoping) and an Aerodactyl (because I'll sure as hell never catch one) and I will be able to obtain every Pokémon.

GulAtiCa

Got a Dratini last night in my neighborhood! Didn't think I'd even see a Dratini in all that sea of Slowpokes. Able to get my new Dragonite 2 more levels. Need about 6 more levels up I think. Then work on my 4th Dragonite.

Also, decided to make Golem my new buddy, got a new one with good moveset, so I'll level him up. After fully leveling to lv 30ish, I'll do Rhyhorn again or so.

Oxx

Not much going on today. Just catching as much as possible in order to get stardust in order to power-up my best 'mons... for not much gain.

Joqu

Well, I went on a serious hunt today since I had free time. My legs hurt.

No Clefable, Exeggcute or most importantly a Chansey though. :(

But I did catch 2 Lickitung and a Clefairy, which I didn't have before. I also came across a Growlithe nest which is nice because I still needed an Arcanine. So I've got one of those now! Not a terrible result really.

But man, I really wanted a Chansey... But I haven't seen any on nearby or anything. I don't think I'll be finding one in time guys. ;_;

You have 2 Pokestops access FROM work? Damn, that's lucky.

Literally as I sit at my desk I can always hit one and if the satellites align correctly (as they have done today) I can get two. There's no way I'd still be playing if I didn't have a constant flow of items like this. There are also a bunch of gyms on campus but the Mystic people around here got their shit together over winter break and now I'm iced out of them most of the time.

This nice weather woke up the pokemon players in my town, the gym scene is a war zone right now. Which I'm sure is pissing a few people off, the power players all made a truce as to what teams got what gyms which blocked a lot of people from ever getting them as nobody wanted to take gyms so there was never any open spots.

My lures have less than an hour left and, so far, this has been pretty underwhelming. Lot of startdust which is nice, but I don't think I ever want to see another Lickitung as long as I live.

Top Bottom