• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Dropped a lure. App started acting up so I restarted it. Now no Pokestops or Gyms will load.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edit: Got back in just in time for a Ratatta and an Abra to run away from me. I don't know why I keep playing this fucking thing.

Going to Las Vegas. So best way to get a Tauros? Lure, Insence or getting mobile date on?

I was there for 5 days back in August and never saw one :(

I stayed in Caesar's Palace, the pool has 3 stops you can hit at once. Got tons of Kabutos, and Omanytes there as well as a Chansey and Dugtrio. The Flamingo garden is also pretty good.

Common spawns throughout Vegas are Growlithe, Meowth, and Mankey if you need those. I also picked up 3 Hitmonchans and a Hitmonlee.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The park I go to on sundays has changed from a seel/ponyta/magnemite nest to... Charmander! I told myself I was out and done, but now that I can easily get a Charizard... not yet.

zulux21

Going to Las Vegas. So best way to get a Tauros? Lure, Insence or getting mobile date on?

I don't think I saw one in the 3 days of constant insence or the lures I Was at.
I did see one on the nearby, but since they are only a rare spawn around me and not super rare I honestly wasn't paying much attention as I have caught like 15 of them at home.

Joni

I don't think I saw one in the 3 days of constant insence or the lures I Was at.
I did see one on the nearby, but since they are only a rare spawn around me and not super rare I honestly wasn't paying much attention as I have caught like 15 of them at home.

I hope I have a bit more luck.

I was there for 5 days back in August and never saw one :(

I stayed in Caesar's Palace, the pool has 3 stops you can hit at once. Got tons of Kabutos, and Omanytes there as well as a Chansey and Dugtrio. The Flamingo garden is also pretty good.

Common spawns throughout Vegas are Growlithe, Meowth, and Mankey if you need those. I also picked up 3 Hitmonchans and a Hitmonlee.

Well, I really want a Tauros and it is my very first USA visit/probably my only one but I wouldn't be completely disappointed if I came home with Growlithe, Chansey, Kabuto, Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee.

ah if you're only a visitor then you probably need to go on a walk where you are actively playing Pokemon for a few hours are a time if you're looking for tauros...he spawns pretty regularly but not like Growlithe or sandshrew.

I have personally caught 23 of them and I have never actively looked for them.

deanote666

I'd love to have a Pikachu nest near me... I should scope out some parks this weekend and report it to the silph road site. You all should do it too!

https://thesilphroad.com/

I tried posting a sighting earlier but the placing the marker part wouldn't load..

ah if you're only a visitor then you probably need to go on a walk where you are actively playing Pokemon for a few hours are a time if you're looking for tauros...he spawns pretty regularly but not like Growlithe or sandshrew.

I have personally caught 23 of them and I have never actively looked for them.

I see a tauros at least once every other day on the nearby but don't always go after them. One down my road earlier. lol at growlithe and sandshrew being common. Never seen a wild sandshrew here and only 1-2 wild growliths since I started in July.

Red Fire

Another nest migration?
Nests are changing too frequently these past weeks.. nests are being reported slowly and when you want to visit one you see nests have already changed again and you have to wait for reports/go out and report yourself again -.-

I tried posting a sighting earlier but the placing the marker part wouldn't load..

I see a tauros at least once every other day on the nearby but don't always go after them. One down my road earlier. lol at growlithe and sandshrew being common. Never seen a wild sandshrew here and only 1-2 wild growliths since I started in July.

Screenshot_20161020_140357.png

Screenshot_20161020_140346.png

this is not even counting all the ones I just ignore...you're not missing out too much with sandshrew cause the Nido family does what he does but better, but Growlithe is an elite mon it sucks he's not a regular spawn in a lot of places.

Replicant

I wish there are ways to change the stats through training or giving them berries or whatever!

It annoys my OCD side to have a Pokemon with 80% IVs and up but it has one defect stat (a medium or low stat while the other two are highs).

So any good pokes that can quickly deal a lot of damage to Lapras and Snorlax?

I have a high level Hypno with Zen Headbutt which all I can do is spam non-stop, which works, but it's so damn slow. Here's what I found on reddit:

Lapras:
- Electabuzz with Low Kick and some electric move
- another Snorlax or a Vaporeon

Snorlax
- Vaporeon

I do have a high level Exeggutor with solar beam but I feel that's suicide against Lapras because of the ice weakness...

Makarov Cubone

Neo Member

I have a high level Hypno with Zen Headbutt which all I can do is spam non-stop, which works, but it's so damn slow. Here's what I found on reddit:

Lapras:

Snorlax
- Vaporeon

I do have a high level Exeggutor with solar beam but I feel that's suicide against Lapras because of the ice weakness...

For Lapras, do you have a strong fire type with fire moves? Arcanine and Flareon both work. Lapras doesn't have any water type moves so at worst they'll take normal damage from dragon pulse or else they'll just resist everything Lapras can throw at them, and since Lapras is half ice type it'll take neutral damage from their attacks.

deanote666

Lapras:

Snorlax
- Vaporeon

Snorlax is weak to fighting. I use my magmar if the snorlax is low enough CP. Otherwise, I use my gyrados with dragon breath.

Magmar with fighting moves is also not weak against ice.

Edit: That moment when you go to a spawn point outside your house after something on your nearby and forgot you left your wifi on but are still close enough that you are still connected to it with no internet so nothing spawns...

GulAtiCa

Oh sweet! Looks like their is a Squirtle nest near my house.

I think tonight I'll try to determine what the then-Gastly nest is on my way home from work. That or what the Pikachu nest turned into.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Managed to reach level 25 finally. Got an insane amount of items. Put the incubator to use immediately.

I reached 25 recently as well and I had like 50 items over the limit, at a time all my eggs were hatched. Now I'm finally back to 300ish so I can start collecting them again. Feels so useless to walk around not having eggs active :p

Radec

Last 2 10km was a Scyther and an Eevee. Pfft.

That Eevee almost trick me in becoming a 100iv though.
Simply amazes me..
Then mentioned its attack
Defense..
HP..

Then she wasn't blown away by it.

Joni

I reached 25 recently as well and I had like 50 items over the limit, at a time all my eggs were hatched. Now I'm finally back to 300ish so I can start collecting them again. Feels so useless to walk around not having eggs active :p
I still have full eggs so I'm okay on that area. Maybe I can get rid of all my 5 km eggs now. But I'm like 80 over the limit.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Holy crap Brussels now has a Charmander ánd a Bulbasaur nest. With FPM coming back this weekend hopefully, sunday can be a prolific day.

Vipu

Banned
Looks like the fast pokemap team had their first successful scan so only a matter of time before trackers are back up.

Boo, its been nice to be on even playing field for sometime now when everyone doesnt speed with their cars from spot to spot just to get best pokemons and after few days see 20 new snorlaxes on top of gyms.

Hycran

Banned
Arcanine with Bite is good against snorlax and lapras. That's of course if you don't have a good machamp dragonite vaporeon etc.

Looks like silphroad and pokemongo's subreddits are deleting FPM posts now...

I'm slowly getting convinced that there's legal implications with these scanners and that's why Niantic is trying their damnedest to shut 'em down.

This can all be avoided if they just implement tr
ading

GulAtiCa

After 2 weeks I finally caught another Dratini! Just need 9 more candies. Don't have any good candidates for my 2nd Dragonite yet, so won't be able to get it just yet.

12 more candies till my Charizard. After that I'll focus on getting Growlithe candy so I can level him up my good Arcanine. And then do Charmander again if my future Charizard has good move set so can level up. After that will focus on Dratini candy.

Flo_Evans

Last 2 10km was a Scyther and an Eevee. Pfft.

That Eevee almost trick me in becoming a 100iv though.
Simply amazes me..
Then mentioned its attack
Defense..
HP..

Then she wasn't blown away by it.

My highest is a 98% Victorybell... with leaf blade :(

Joni

Holy crap Brussels now has a Charmander ánd a Bulbasaur nest. With FPM coming back this weekend hopefully, sunday can be a prolific day.
The bulbasaur seem to spawn around half past the hour. Two on the first stop you encounter next to autoworld, one at the bottom of the park near the last museum just before it is only Park.

Yrael

I randomly caught a 100% IV Mankey. Too bad Primeape is rubbish.

Looks like silphroad and pokemongo's subreddits are deleting FPM posts now...

I'm slowly getting convinced that there's legal implications with these scanners and that's why Niantic is trying their damnedest to shut 'em down.

This can all be avoided if they just implement tr
ading

I don't believe it was illegal before, but this time around it certainly is - the devs who make these third party trackers couldn’t figure out how to reverse engineer Niantic’s hashing function in the latest update, so they’re just straight up stealing part of the licenced code and using it to host the new map for FPM. It’s not good. I'm pretty sure that's why the main subreddits are deleting any posts about FPM. Honestly, due to both the creator's behaviour on Twitter and the illegality of the new map, I'm not a fan of it either.

I'm bummed about the lack of better options though. :/

Awayze

Neo Member
Illegal or not, it'll still bring some fun into the game so the rest of us can join the 7 people who have the patience and time to play legitimately.

jariw

I'd like to see a map of which cities have the most active players, seems to be dying out here in UK, maybe except London.
My local gym seems to alternate about three times a week between the same few Valor and Instinct players nowadays.
The variety of Pokemon is sooo trash.

Games dead in my area, hilarious if the players don't get their Pokemon back anytime this year as there's 2000+ Snorlax and Lapras.

The game is pretty much dead, I open my app sometimes but at university, no one plays it in breaks, no lures, no groups of people, nothing.

At least trackers coming back is a great thing, not sure how people have the time and patience to track officially or even find it fun.

Decent Pokemon spawn there aswell yet no one plays but where some people still do play and use lures, you get trash all day like at my university.

Illegal or not, it'll still bring some fun into the game so the rest of us can join the 7 people who have the patience and time to play legitimately.

Without a tracker,the game won't attract most people but it's already pretty much dead.

It starting to get a bit repetitive.

RIPokemon go
its getting colder around here so in general not much people are outside

killing the trackers/maps was the final draw, the fuck am I going to go walk around just in hopes to see a pokemon, I don't even live in the city and everyone is there

Top Bottom