• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sleep has earned $100 million ahead of first anniversary on July 17th

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
pokemon-sleep-entei_l1200.webp

Pokémon Sleep has sleepwalked its way to $100 million with one week to go before its first anniversary, marking a major feat for the health tracker app that spent a lesuirely four long years from reveal to release.

The mobile title is The Pokémon Company's latest blue ocean project to improve player wellbeing, Sleep taking on the bedroom duties while Pokémon Go takes care of the rest of your day.

And while $100 million for one full year may be yawned at next to Go’s near $1 billion annual average, it remains an impressive feat that many a mobile title can only dream of accomplishing.
Napping means business

Reaching that $100 million mark has come predominantly from Japanese players who have, according to AppMagic estimates, spent $73 million on Pokémon Sleep since July 17th, 2023. Players in the US have contributed another $15 million - a distant second but far ahead of third-place Taiwan’s $4 million.

As for downloads, Sleep has gathered an estimated 9.8 million dozers, 44% of whom are based in Japan. Again the US follows in second and Taiwan in third, with 17% and 7% of installs respectively, showing a slightly more even distribution than on the revenue front.
Sleep’s revenue has also shown strong peaks during events, whether that’s a cozy Eevee Week or legendary Raikou Research, or even a simple Holiday 2023 event which proved the game’s most lucrative week yet - earning $4 million over seven days last December.

The latest peak came with the Entei Research event, a sequel of sorts to Raikou’s event, with the final member of the beastly trio Suicune set to appear sometime in the future. During the first week of the Entei event revenue spiked to $3.8 million, up from $1.4 million only one week prior.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I don’t think I’ll live to see another new IP as popular or which makes as much cash like this. It’s annoying because of my age I missed out on it by a few years and just don’t get the appeal of the games. One shotting 90% of the games enemies just doesn’t do it for me.

LordCBH

Pokémon fans really will download anything with the word Pokémon in it no matter how derivative it is.

Top Bottom