• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polar Vortex 2: The Sharknado 2 Of Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as much fun when we're all in on the joke.

Star Tribune said:
WASHINGTON — Much of America is about to get the Arctic shivers.

Meteorologists are confidently forecasting frigid polar air will plunge south into the northern plains, Midwest and then the East Coast from next Tuesday through Thursday. The Midwest should see temperatures well below zero, with single digit lows in much of the East and freezing temperatures as far south as Atlanta, New Orleans and parts of Florida.

National Weather Service meteorologist Paul Kocin, an expert on winter storms, said it is a classic pattern of massive blasts of Arctic air hitting just about everyone east of the Rockies. He said it will rival last year's January Arctic outbreak that introduced the phrase "polar vortex" to America.

"This is going to be a big cold outbreak, pretty windy as well," Kocin said. "It's going to drive all the way down south."

The wind and cold could mean wind-chill factors that will make the temperature feel like 30 degrees below zero — 50 degrees below zero in Minneapolis and Chicago, said meteorologist Ryan Maue of the private Weather Bell Analytics. He called it "old-timer's type of cold."

Dammit. Looks like I'll be spending next week in the bath a la Margot Tenenbaum.

maxcriden

I mean as long as it doesn't get below the -25 we sometimes see here in Vermont in the Winter it's alright I guess. Not ideal, though.

tbm24

I don't know if I can handle another constant barrage of snow here in NYC like the last Polar Vortex. Was a very miserable time.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Fuck. I'm heading to Atlanta from 7th to 12th so yay arctic temperatures! At least it isn't as bad as current conditions in Queensland, Australia where I'm sweating my ass off and I haven't even done anything but wake up.

West of the Rockies never gets in on the Winter-ocalypse action. :(

40F to 50F above 0 through all next week up here in Seattle.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
tropicthunderbdcap1.jpg

Futureman

I just checked Pittsburgh and the forecast looks pretty normal over the next 10 days for January. We'd/Thur below normal... But 57 on Sunday!

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
LET'S GO FLORIDA.

I'm so ready for this shit.

Lulubop

Gonna be damn near 60 here in NYC on Sunday then this is gonna come in, or something. Crazy.

Eh doesn't really seem like we'll be effected aside from a day or 2 in the twenties. But holy shit, it's gonna be in the 60s on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom