• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

tranciful

Teachers don't want money they just like kids.

Wish the GOP would apply that standard to their own profession. "We don't want money, we just love America"

Gays can marry.... it just won't be a "real marriage".

That's not the GOP position -- they typically oppose civil unions. The GOP position is "Gays can definitely can marry... someone of the opposite sex. Just like straight people. See, equality!"

ToxicAdam

Is that Chris Christie or Bobby Bacala?

steve-schirripa-conductor-hat-autographed-photograph-3369855.jpg

RIP

Lol he almost got spastic like McCain when he was all like "GET UP GET UP STAND UP GET UP AND FIGHT GET UP GET UP GET UP"

And yeah definitely a Christie 2016 speech.

Measley

We get it, you're incapable of any neutral opinions.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...nvention-black-camerawoman.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

http://www.harpers.org/archive/2012/08/hbc-90008805

Watch the video if you can, it's sickening.

Convention attendees shout down a Puerto Rican woman at the podium with chants of "USA". Priebus has to calm them down. Kind of funny after denying race-based muckraking in his party on Morning Joe the other day.

The chanting carried on for nearly a minute while most of the other delegates and the media stood by in stunned silence. The Puerto Rican correspondent turned to me and asked, “Is this happening?” I said I honestly didn’t know what was happening—it was astonishing to see all the brittle work of narrative construction that is a modern political convention suddenly crack before our eyes. None of us could quite believe what we were seeing: A sea of twentysomething bowties and cowboy hats morphing into frat bros apparently shrieking over (or at) a Latina. RNC chairman Reince Priebus quickly stepped up and asked for order and respect for the speaker, suggesting that, yeah, what we had just seen might well have been an ugly outburst of nativism.​

Pretty much.

ezekial45

Banned
More TPM back-patting

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/poll-romney-faces-lowest-favorability-rating-for-major

Poll: Romney Faces Lowest Favorability Rating For Major Party Nominee Since Reagan Years

The Republican nomination officially his and the party's base seemingly coalescing behind him, Mitt Romney remains hamstrung by a historically low favorability rating, the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll released Tuesday night shows.

According to the poll, only 40 percent of registered voters nationwide have a favorable view of Romney — the lowest level of popularity for a major party's presidential nominee since the presidency of Ronald Reagan. Fifty-one percent view Romney unfavorably, a problem the former Massachusetts governor has been unable to shake throughout the campaign. It also marks only the second time last fall in ABC/WaPo's polling that a candidate has been viewed unfavorably by a majority of respondents.

Compounding matters for Romney: his incumbent opponent remains widely liked by the American public. The poll shows that 50 percent of voters have a favorable view of President Barack Obama, compared with 47 percent who hold an unfavorable view.

Romney's favorability rating was last above water in December, according to the PollTracker Average, which currently shows the GOP nominee viewed favorably by 41.5 percent and unfavorably by 45 percent.

Though I'm sure it'll go up after the RNC is finished.

Gruco

Banned
So Ann Romney loves women. Christ Christie loves his chances in 2016. I am actually going to conjecture that there will be no attack dog speech. Plenty of money to take care of that and clearly the focus is on Mitt's favorability. It would just be a fundraising galvanizer for Obama, so why bother? I dunno.

codhand

So which speaker sold Romney to the American people, and when did it happen? I am curious to hear more on Mitt's sexcess.

Also Al Sharpton just called out the "love v respect" flub. "Does anyone read these speeches?"

ezekial45

Banned
To me, Cristie's speech just showed that he has no hope for Romney winning in 2012. He was prepping for 2016 and trying to make a name for himself.

Averon

Sounds like Christie's speech was red meat and used as a jump off point for his inevitable 2016 run. Shouldn't these speeches be used to build up Romney?

Can't wait to hear whispers from Romney insiders on this speech.

To be fair, in many ways it was like Obama's in 2004: a clear spring board to future office. But unlike Clinton in 88 or Christie tonight, Obama weaved Kerry into his own story quite effectively. Tonight Christie basically just fed red meat to the crowd while playing up the caricature he has created for himself: loud, tough, aggressive, a leader who doesn't care what you think. Of course, no mention of what his leadership has led to: 9.8 unemployment in NJ

Also, interesting how his speech so directly contradicted Ann Romney's motherly love. In Christie's world, respect and even fear trump love. It's the same type of hyper aggression we tried with Bush

Can't wait to hear whispers from Romney insiders on this speech.

To be fair, in many ways it was like Obama's in 2004: a clear spring board to future office. But unlike Clinton in 88 or Christie tonight, Obama weaved Kerry into his own story quite effectively. Tonight Christie basically just fed red meat to the crowd while playing up the caricature he has created for himself: loud, tough, aggressive, a leader who doesn't care what you think. Of course, no mention of what his leadership has led to: 9.8 unemployment in NJ

Also, interesting how his speech so directly contradicted Ann Romney's motherly love. In Christie's world, respect and even fear trump love. It's the same type of hyper aggression we tried with Bush
I hope Cory Booker runs against him and wins next year if only to squash his presidential hopes for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom