• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Cory Booker runs against him and wins next year if only to squash his presidential hopes for the time being.

Booker is a clown, and from what I've heard Newark is losing progress alongside the rest of the state. Christie should be able to defeat him. It'll be interesting to see how much Obama meddles in the race (if he wins reelection). If the national UE rate is down he'll certainly have some clout to oust Christie, but I doubt it

Booker is a clown, and from what I've heard Newark is losing progress alongside the rest of the state. Christie should be able to defeat him. It'll be interesting to see how much Obama meddles in the race (if he wins reelection). If the national UE rate is down he'll certainly have some clout to oust Christie, but I doubt it
I don't know, he's pretty well-liked in Newark, high 60s/low 70s approval ratings.

Conserva-friend on facebook:

An incumbent has never survived unemployment numbers like this. Plus Romney is polling higher with independants and crushing BO in fund raising. and the polls say every swing state is currently too close to call. You're foolin yourself if you think this election is locked up.

I lol'd at him and just directed him to 538. "Too close to call" ≠ Romney win.

Was I the only one who thought Ann's speech was mediocre. It got better the last third, but the 1st half I thought was bad.

Seems like people are afraid to criticize it because of who she is. Not biased here, I just thought it wasn't good.

Christie's, on the other hand, was great. Sure, some falsehoods and such, but the charisma and delivery and verbage was great. Total 2016 stump speech.

Dude should lose some weight, cuz he can definitely be a player in 2016.

Was I the only one who thought Ann's speech was mediocre. It got better the last third, but the 1st half I thought was bad.

Seems like people are afraid to criticize it because of who she is. Not biased here, I just thought it wasn't good.

Christie's, on the other hand, was great. Sure, some falsehoods and such, but the charisma and delivery and verbage was great. Total 2016 stump speech.

Dude should lose some weight, cuz he can definitely be a player in 2016.

Christie will never be President dude. Obama would have to fuck up his second term pretty hard for that to happen.

codhand

All weight jokes aside, he needs to ask why NJ unemployment went up to 9.8, while nationally it sits at 8.3, if that doesn't change, forget 2016.

ok back to fat jokes

He issued a barn-burner but needs a fat-burner.

You ever live in Newark for three years and see first hand what he did? Just wondering.

I don't know, he's pretty well-liked in Newark, high 60s/low 70s approval ratings.
He is.

and Clinton was loved but Gore lost. Who knows what will happen in 4 years? What if we hit a reception for an unforeseen reason?
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Just replace 12 with 16

It wasn't very good and the "I LOVE WOMEN!!!" line was pretty ridiculous. When she spoke about the early years with Mitt it was good, but she should have stayed on their relationship (perhaps say one of his hilarious jokes and share a short story or two about them) and not go into his time as governor and other political stuff. He needs to be shown as a flesh and blood human being and she really could of helped that, but she kinda failed.

You ever live in Newark for three years and see first hand what he did? Just wondering.

He is.

Do you like Newark, or are you siding with PD with this one?

I really enjoy Newark from what I've encountered: incredibly articulate, done tons of great things for one of the country's worst cities, and a willingness to work across the aisle with a "aw fuckit" attitude.

PD doesn't like him because he's not a Clintonite.

Do you like Newark, or are you siding with PD with this one?

I really enjoy Newark from what I've encountered: incredibly articulate, done tons of great things for one of the country's worst cities, and a willingness to work across the aisle with a "aw fuckit" attitude.

PD doesn't like him because he's not a Clintonite.
I did I lived there from 2007-2010. I have a ton of respect for Booker.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

050902_MikeMyers_hmed.hmedium.jpg

"PhoenixDark doesn't like black people."

No. I know crime went down significantly, but I understand it has gone up. Plus the entire state has unemployment problems
That's a budget issue and needing to cut back oncops. It's hard to generate revenue when your tax base is Newark. Considering the endemic crap he's had to deal with, if there is a small reverse, it's still a massive victory. Plus I he'll be the first Mayor of Newark on decades who won't wind up indicted after leaving office, as least that's my hope. His last opponent coudnt even avoid that. lol

goddamit conservative facebook people I know:

Anyone who thinks that they know who will win this election with any measure of certainty is an idiot. Polls and algorithms are great and all, but this election cycle is far from over. We haven't even gotten through the conventions, which are used to define the message of each campaign and set a narrative for the election. Anything as simple as rain on election day in a swing state can affect turnout and swing a state from one candidate to the other

in other words "WE CAN WIN, HONEST WE CAN"

plus this precious gem:

Also, I think Charlie Cook is better than Nate Silver

Flake beat Cardon in Republican AZ Senate primary. Hope Carmona takes it.

Berkeley is only down 2 to inc. Heller in Nevada Senate Race according to the latest poll.

Still hoping for a gain for Democrats come November in the Senate.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Forgot to mention this yesterday but Chris Matthews accused Newt Gingrinch of resorting to dog whistles with his "food stamp president" remarks, to which the Newtster turned it around on Matthews by pointing out that liberals immediately thinking Newt was referring to black people made THEM the REAL racists.

Owzers

Forgot to mention this yesterday but Chris Matthews accused Newt Gingrinch of resorting to dog whistles with his "food stamp president" remarks, to which the Newtster turned it around on Matthews by pointing out that liberals immediately thinking Newt was referring to black people made THEM the REAL racists.

Why does Chris always have race on his mind!

RDreamer

Anything note worthy happen at the convention besides booing a puerto rican lady?

Ann Romney LOVES women
Santorum LOVES hands
Christie prefers respect to love
And some dude that definitely didn't love minorities threw peanuts at a black camera operator and said that's how they feed the animals, and he was kicked out

DasRaven

Flake beat Cardon in Republican AZ Senate primary. Hope Carmona takes it.

Berkeley is only down 2 to inc. Heller in Nevada Senate Race according to the latest poll.

Still hoping for a gain for Democrats come November in the Senate.

Flake is definitely the harder opponent for Carmona, but it will at least be a race between reasonable people. I've voted for Flake before and I'm a member of the vast left-wing conspiracy for goodness sake.
He's as good as our Republicans are going to send to the Senate and a good match with Sen. McCain. I also love that Cardon dumped $7M into losing by 40+ points. DAT STIMULUS, YO!

I also love that we're not being so dumb as to bring Russell Pearce back after he had the audacity to run in the election immediately following his recall. We're really trying to flush out the crazies.

Haha. I've used that argument to troll people at my family reunion whenever King Kong comes up (lots of movie nerds). If you associate King Kong with metaphors of black males YOU'RE the racists. Oh boy, fun times. They didn't leave me any watermelon that day; that's not a joke btw, they really did make sure I didn't get any.

Owzers

Christie says Romney will tell America the hard truth, yet Romney wont' go into detail about a lot of his policy plans and bases his campaign off lies. Seems like a safe bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom