• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
I disagree. It's all over the Sunday talk shows. Not reacting to the episode is prolonging it in the media and it will be a sideshow at the convention. Weaver wants DWS' scalp and I say give it to him, because just her having on the stage is going to cause aneurysm to a bunch of people (she is still expected to gavel). Have an interim chair or some deputy take the effort.

She's no longer gaveling. They took her off of that.

I think it's straightforwardly wrong to say not reacting is prolonging it in the media. And I feel like we know that this is true from looking at the RNC!

Bowdz

CNN just started their lede this afternoon with DEMOCRATS IN CRISIS.

This is not going away.

Wait until the convention starts. Watching This Week, everyone seems on the same page. Sanders' wants DWS out and she will basically be (she won't be on stage at all). Beyond that, Keith Ellison and Donna Brazile were completely united and Sanders was still super pro Clintln, anti Trump when asked about Jill Stein's offer. The media wants another Ted Cruz moment, but I don't think there will be one. Once everyone starts speaking, it'll become a side story.

Reporters don't have anything else to do until tomorrow

I get that, but I don't agree at all that DNC is handling this with maximum efficacy. She needs to resign and have a deputy chair step in.

Bakari Sellers is saying she should resign.
David Axelrod is saying she should resign.

When The Axe is says you should resign, YOU SHOULD RESIGN ASAP.

Holmes

It's odd to me that the discussion is fully centered on US(normal) while ignoring the already existing systems in other countries. The system usually devolves into a mess and the voters have no idea who will govern.

I mean,sure, you can create a government funded "isidewith" but it guarantees nothing at the end of the day. If it would, leftists would just vote for Hillary.
In Canada, there's a center-left party, a left-wing party and a right-wing party. In modern times, it usually ends up being the right-wing party versus one of the center-left or left-wing parties, both in federal and provincial (generally) elections. Sometimes it starts as a three way tie and the media creams itself, but one of the non-right-wing parties loses support to the other and it becomes a two way race with the third party playing the spoiler (though with the FPTP system, sometimes the impact is minimal). This is possible in Canada, but I think in a county like the USA, two left-leaning parties going at it would be an open invitation to the Republicans to take the White House.

Boke1879

The Democrats will truly be in crisis once the DNC starts and everything goes to plan right? Sanders will speak and he'll talk about Trump and reinforce his support for Clinton.

Not to mention the star power of the DNC itself. DWS isn't even going to be on stage at all and more than likely she'll resign after all this. Media wants another Cruz moment and I highly doubt Bernie gives it to them.

shem935

Banned
I get that, but I don't agree at all that DNC is handling this with maximum efficacy. She needs to resign and have a deputy chair step in.

Bakari Sellers is saying she should resign.
David Axelrod is saying she should resign.

When The Axe is says you should resign, YOU SHOULD RESIGN ASAP.

Firing and replacing your Committee chair the eve before your convention doesn't seem like something that would make that narrative go away though. If anything it would fuel it.

They haven't taken her completely out of sight, that's what they need to do.

The Democrats will truly be in crisis once the DNC starts and everything goes to plan right? Sanders will speak and he'll talk about Trump and reinforce his support for Clinton.

Not to mention the star power of the DNC itself. DWS isn't even going to be on stage at all and more than likely she'll resign after all this. Media wants another Cruz moment and I highly doubt Bernie gives it to them.

They don't give a shit about what Bernie thinks anymore, they just talk about what his supporters want.

Iolo

It's less than 36 hours until Sanders gives his speech and the media switches their narrative from Dems in Disarray to Dems Unified.

Boke1879

They don't give a shit about what Bernie thinks anymore, they just talk about what his supporters want.

Exactly. The message out of the DNC during all of this has been pretty unified. There have been compromises and everyone is throwing DWS to the wolves. She needs to go and she will.

The actual event I think will be great and that's what the media will have to talk about. Sure they'll try and tie that email stuff into all of it but largely who knows if it'll matter at that point.

When they said 30-50k, they meant anywhere between 30 people and 50,000 people. Obviously they high balled themselves a little.

Heh. I have a #bernitdown Facebook friend who just posted that she was in Philly to protest! I generally don't poke fun at her about Bernie, but this is pretty tempting.

Holmes

The media whenever it can push a Dems in Disarray narrative.

YojZYps.gif

You have to remove all the question marks so that the media can't keep the narratives alive throughout the week. Yes, by turning them into periods you'll get the obligatory follow-up stories, but that will pass within a day as the convention starts to roll on.

It's idiotic to say there's cause to remove her from a bunch of duties but not to force her to resign. This isn't Japan, just be done with it.

EDIT: And it is done lol.

shem935

Banned
Where's the actual news she's out? And who replaces her? Clinton picks?

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/24/487242426/bernie-sanders-dnc-emails-outrageous-but-not-a-shock?utm_source=npr_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20160724&utm_campaign=breakingnews&utm_term=nprnews

In an email to NPR, the office of Rep. Marcia Fudge said she "has been named permanent chair of the Democratic National Convention."

Ah so she isn't out of the committee yet I misread the source, my bad.

Manu Raju Verified account
‏@mkraju

In contentious meeting, DWS tried to make the DNC CEO take the fall for the email controversy, per @JohnKingCNN.

OMG JUST GO

Diablos

I want Donna Brazile or David Axelrod. Probably won't happen tho

Just please Dems get rid of DWS in a sensible way and replace her asap. Put this to bed.

thefro

I don't think DWS has stepped down from Democratic National Committee chair yet, she's just not chairing the Democratic National Convention. They're two separate things.

Oh it's Fudge? That's fine

Now please figure out a way to put the fire out.

Now that Hillary is reading my posts, my advice to her is to send Weaver to the news shows and say he is happy, overjoyed, we can put this shit behind us and now we can focus on defeating Trump. DO IT.

itschris

I don't think DWS has stepped down from Democratic National Committee chair yet, she's just not running the Democratic National Convention.

Yeah, I can't find anything about her resigning from the Democratic National Committee, just the Democratic National Convention. It's confusing since they both have the same acronym.

Oh it's Fudge? That's fine

Now please figure out a way to put the fire out.

It's as out as it's going to get. Most people don't care. DWS is gone. No one cares about that, because no one likes her. This cuts the elgs out of any furhter leaks because, again, she's gone. The handful of Berners who care wouldn't be happy unless we let them shoot Hillary and Debbie into the sun.

Edit:

Wait, ya, I think people got it wrong

In an email to NPR, the office of Rep. Marcia Fudge said she "has been named permanent chair of the Democratic National Convention."

She's only the permanent chair of the Convention, not the Committee.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yeah, I can't find anything about her resigning from the Democratic National Committee, just the Democratic National Convention. It's confusing since they both have the same acronym.

So will Marcia Fudge only run the DNConvention, or will she later take over the whole of the DNC?

Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom