• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

Hootie said:
We'll have the Interim thread after this and then the Inauguration Thread, right? I think there should be a general PoliGAF thread after the Inauguration for random discussion just so we don't feel empty. I need my PoliGAF fix everyday now. I can't remember life without it :lol
We can track Gallup and Rasmussen's daily trackers of President Obama's job approval ratings. lol

TDG

Banned
Amir0x said:
It won't be over, guys. We still have plenty of PoliGAF threads to come ;)
Fuck yeah, we're going to have the cabinet choices, the inauguration, big plans being rolled out, state of the unions, [likely] new Supreme Court selections, and before you know it: the 2010 midterms, and the primaries that will follow. This is just the beginning!
Pretty soon, it'll be like this:
last.gif

electricpirate said:
Hey Ami, are you not calling MO a bellweather/battleground, or did I miss something.

ALL STARS FROM THE LAST THREAD

Code:
Tamanon   793
Fragamemnon     512
Dax01                477
GhaleonEB 	  472
Stoney Mason      455
reilo                    305
Jason's Ultimatum 294
StoOgE 	           286
CharlieDigital 	   279
Fox318 	            279
THIRD PLACE FUCK YEAH

Gruco

Banned
platypotamus said:
Tomorrow is going to be the longest day of work ever.
word

Also, while I initially thought Obama would when, I recently discovered that McCain has a new plan to deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies. This one is a game changer, and I don't see how democrats can fight back.

Shiggie

Hootie said:
We'll have the Interim thread after this and then the Inauguration Thread, right? I think there should be a general PoliGAF thread after the Inauguration for random discussion just so we don't feel empty. I need my PoliGAF fix everyday now. I can't remember life without it :lol
Yeah I think I just trolled and spammed before PoliGAF. :(

Amir0x

Banned
electricpirate said:
Hey Ami, are you not calling MO a bellweather/battleground, or did I miss something.

Haha. No, it's a definite battleground I forgot to color it in. Although realistically, I don't think the election will turn on the dime of Missouri - even if he loses it, he will still probably win the election.

Also: No we obviously won't close down gaming for this Cheebs :lol

Red Scarlet

Cheebs said:
Any idea on if we can get the gaming side closed during election returns like dax and I mentioned? OT deserves its one day every 4 years, cause otherwise the board I suspect will be near impossible to actively manage reading/posting on come tuesday night. :(

Well, wasn't the upgrade they did for E3 make it stay up during then? So OT wasn't closed down? If it survived E3 it should be ok for the election, too.
hopefully!

Hootie

electricpirate said:

Code:
Tamanon   793
Fragamemnon     512
Dax01                477
GhaleonEB 	  472
Stoney Mason      455
Jason's Ultimatum 294
StoOgE 	           286
CharlieDigital 	   279
Fox318 	            279

Day-um. I'm happy with my modest post tally of 148 (I believe) for that thread. I was pulling about 50-100 in the early primary threads and lately I've returned to that norm.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
My first 2008 Poligaf post...

StoOgE said:
i want obama to be my president so bad.

How cute.

My last 2004 Poligaf post was asking Bish if I could move into his Canadian basement. Lets hope my last 2008 one is a hopium overdose with HBK pictures.

xsarien

daedsiluap
If my math is right - and God help me, I did it this morning after somehow not having eaten in close to 24 hours - McCain needs Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virgina and Florida to win. I just don't see him having that much luck on Tuesday.

I hope there's a post-election thread. I will need places to fume when Obama picks someone I don't like for a cabinet post!

Sooo glad I am volunteering tomorrow and Tuesday. You can be canvassing and have hours go by in a blink of an eye, whereas in the office every minute would be full of a logic-defying excruciating mental state.

Schlep

David Gregory is just awful. I know I've said it before, but damn. He makes Wolf Blitzer look like a journalist. How could anyone honestly consider him to take over for Russert.

Iksenpets

Banned
Hootie said:
IT ALL COMES DOWN THIS. THE FINAL POLIGAF THREAD.

So many memories, so many good times. *tear*

Pff, yeah right. We've still got PoliGAF Post-Election Thread of Cabinet Picks, PoliGAF Inauguration Thread of First 100 Days, and the PoliGAF Thread of HOLY FUCK BIDEN WAS RIGHT INTERNATIONAL CRISIS OH FUCK. By that point I figure we'll be gearing up for midterm season and then it'll be on to election 2012 and the brewing Republican civil war!

StoOgE

electricpirate said:

Code:
Tamanon   793
Fragamemnon     512
Dax01                477
GhaleonEB 	  472
Stoney Mason      455
Jason's Ultimatum 294
StoOgE 	           286
CharlieDigital 	   279
Fox318 	            279

Can we get an overall poligaf allstar posters going back to day 1? I'd like to see how much time I've wasted.

TDG

Banned
Cheebs said:
We can track Gallup and Rasmussen's daily trackers of President Obama's job approval ratings. lol
:lol
I can see it now:
"Oh my god, his approval rating is down to 51%. STREAMS SOON TO BE CROSSING! America doesn't deserve this President."
Stoney Mason said:
This should be in the op.

map590ek2.gif
It is, you have to click the map.

Hootie

StoOgE said:

How cute.

My last 2004 Poligaf post was asking Bish if I could move into his Canadian basement. Lets hope my last 2008 one is a hopium overdose with HBK pictures.

My first PoliGAF post was in the Iowa Caucus thread with said "VOTE NADER" in a sarcastic manner. Great start I suppose? :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
GUYS, OFFICIAL FACEBOOK POLLING IS IN

Of the 290,304 people who will automatically set their Facebook status to get out the vote on election day, the votes are

70% Obama

14% McCain

10% Just get out the vote!

I SAID GOD DAMN

StoOgE said:

How cute.

I didn't get accepted into GAF until late May, so I joined right around there. But from the first primary in Iowa until late May, I was lurking PoliGAF all the time.

Then I think I stopped posting in here for awhile (about a month) then came back in July or late July/August.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, so epic. Here's GAF's Costa Rican for Obama poster :lol following this election has pretty much became my favorite hobbie for the last few months. Nov 4 is gonna be epic.

Hootie

Dax01 said:
I didn't get accepted into GAF until late May, so I joined right around there. But from the first primary in Iowa until late May, I was lurking PoliGAF all the time.

Then I think I stopped posting in here for awhile (about a month) then came back in July or late July/August.

Nubcake

Schlep said:
David Gregory is just awful. I know I've said it before, but damn. He makes Wolf Blitzer look like a journalist. How could anyone honestly consider him to take over for Russert.
He's like Brokaw but double the smug and half the backbone.

StoOgE

Dax01 said:

You can't quit poligaf. Being busy at work really killed my poligaf posting. I started a new position in April and it killed my posting. Before that I was on poligaf 6 hours a day :lol

Fragamemnon said:
That's not what Tom's post says at all. He says it's like the Virginia situation (closer than two weeks ago), not that the results are the same. You're not even a good RSS feed anymore!

Read: Same as Virginia- maybe not as good as two weeks ago- sure as heck good enough 36 hours out.

Hootie

Dax01 said:
Yes please.

And look who posts more.:lol :lol

Yeah too bad the majority of BOTH of our posts here are meaningless shit though :lol

Kind of like this post and yours that I quoted

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
StoOgE said:

How cute.
Mine:

RubxQub in the Iowa Caucus Thread said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is so important about these two states and what they think (referring to IA and NH)?

Will two states really decide the primaries?
Ah...I really was so politically unaware back then :lol

How far I've come. It's been a wonderful journey PoliGAF, regardless of the outcome.

electricpirate said:

Code:
Tamanon   793
Fragamemnon     512
Dax01                477
GhaleonEB 	  472
Stoney Mason      455
Jason's Ultimatum 294
StoOgE 	           286
CharlieDigital 	   279
Fox318 	            279

Second banana and I've been volunteering regularly since the 18th of October. Pick up the pace (or go out and volunteer tomorrow dammit!)

Fragamemnon said:
Second banana and I've been volunteering regularly since the 18th of October. Pick up the pace (or go out and volunteer tomorrow dammit!)
You don't want to challenge me to a "Let's see who can post more" match. :lol

StoOgE

Fox318 said:
will this really be the final thread? I see no need to stop it.

PoliGAF's name will live on in the laughter of children, the rise of the sun in the morning and that little voice in the back of your head that says "yes i can ask my girlfriend for a threeway for christmas".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom