• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polish MEP investigated for eye popping sexist speech at the European Parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
”Of course women must earn less than men because they are weaker, they are smaller, they are less intelligent and they must earn less." (no, seriously, watch the video)

A eurosceptic, pro-Putin non-attached member of parliament, Korwin-Mikke is known for his provocative speeches, including against women.

In 2015, Polish prosecutors investigated him after he made the Nazi salute during a speech in the European parliament, and he has previously been suspended from Parliament.

Dude is a real piece of work. And of course, his party is repped by the Europe of Nations and Freedom, because birds of the same feather etc. I thought this could be an interesting topic given all the attention being given to Marine Le Pen lately and what amounts to freedom of speech in the European institutions.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As soon as I opened the article and saw the picture I instantly recognized the guy. During the immigration crisis (that's still going on?) he called all immigrants human trash.

Now after seeing this thread I assume he's the Donald Trump Polish version of "telling it like it is", which with (right/far right) Eastern European men is extremely ugly and bitter.

Luxorek

Thank God he is extremely minor and irrelevant in Polish politics. His party never managed to get 5% of votes and get into the parliament. He is however infamous for his views.

When he got into european parliament people joked it was so we could get rid of him. Ironically he hates EU. Problem is, that dumb bastard is giving us a bad name over there.

1 Did they send fucking Borat to the European Parliament?
2 I will never understand how you can have Nazis in Poland and Russia. Do you literally know nothing of your own country's history? How fucking dumb are you?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
It's sad that we still have such discussions in europe today. I hope we can overcome this soon.

CrunchyB

Now after seeing this thread I assume he's the Donald Trump Polish version of "telling it like it is", which with (right/far right) Eastern European men is extremely ugly and bitter.

People like Trump, LePen and Wilders, while being totally reprehensible, know how to avoid some important western faux pas in order not to alienate the "moderates". I'm assuming this Polish guy has adjusted his tone for his own audience as well.

They are cut from exactly the same cloth though, they all genuinely think their kind of people are better than the other kind.

nacimento

This guy is such a cunt. Every spreech is insanely racist or sexist or similar. In the el pais article linked on politico it says he got 28,5% of the 18-25 votes in the Polish EP elections in 2014, which is quite disturbing.

Polk

He's a moron and idol of teenage trolls.

I don't understand how such assholes can make such a prominent career in public service.
For the longest time he was one of the most expressive polititinan in Poland and libertarian icon.

In the last elections his party (named Korwin because of course it is) got less than 5% votes and didn't got any MPs.

Are there ANY far-right fuckwads that aren't kissing Putin's ass? How is this not a red flag for more people?

I don't understand how such assholes can make such a prominent career in public service.
Because there's plenty of assholes out there who agree with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom