• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

I'm not with her for Rebel Heart.
eXBbDUF.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
i am positively seething
Liam Payne is doing a cover for Attitude UK
this is not the 1d member we asked for

3phemeral

YDKWTD and Faded are the T :)

Faded is probably my favorite. I'm surprised no Meteorite but its potential was squandered by cutting the track so short.

3ph this gif is everything btw

Wk9ist

I saw it in a documentary where they quickly cut to the end of that performance and I thought "why have I never noticed that before?" i love it too <3

I am living for these Whatever Happened to Baby Jane gifs.
My old HS friend loved this movie and we'd watch it at least once a year. He loved Betty Davis's relentless abuse toward Joan and he'd emphatically point at everyone yelling "YOU!" He'd impersonate her so perfectly. R.I.P., my friend. You are missed. T_T

If you haven't read the behind-the-scenes info about what Betty and Joan did to each other (as they truly did abhor each other irl), it's hilarious.

If you haven't read the behind-the-scenes info about what Betty and Joan did to each other (as they truly did abhor each other irl), it's hilarious.

Bette Davis said:
She slept with every male star at MGM, except Lassie.

Bette Davis said:
Why am I so good at playing bitches? I think it's because I'm not a bitch. Maybe that's why [Joan Crawford] always plays ladies.

I am living.

Snatched from the root.

3phemeral

I am living.

Snatched from the root.

IMDB said:
Bette Davis had been nominated for Best Actress in her film What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962), which also starring Joan Crawford. If Bette had won, it would have set a record number of wins for an actress.... a jealous Joan Crawford actively campaigned against Bette Davis and told Anne Bancroft that if Anne won and was unable to accept the Award, Joan would be happy to accept it on her behalf.

On Oscar night, Bette Davis was standing in the wings of the theatre waiting to hear the name of the winner. When it was announced that Anne Bancroft had won Best Actress for The Miracle Worker (1962), Bette Davis felt an icy hand on her shoulder as Joan Crawford said "Excuse me, I have an Oscar to accept".

IMDB said:
Bette Davis really kicked Joan Crawford in the head for one scene. In revenge, for the scene where Jane carries Blanche, Crawford put weights on her, so that she'd be harder to lift.

IMDB said:
Bette Davis had a Coca Cola machine installed on set. This was to annoy Joan Crawford, who was married to the chairman of Pepsi.

IMDB said:
When Joan Crawford started sending little gifts and notes to the crew to win their affection, Bette Davis sent her a note telling her to "GET OFF THE CRAP".

IMDB said:
Bette Davis once quipped that the most fun she'd ever had with Joan Crawford was when she pushed her down the stairs in this film.
Wk9ist

Floridian

Shouldn't Lana be singing about "Music to watch Men to"? Or is she into the whole, grass on the field. Play ball. Mentality?

Not sure but both carly & Lana are 30+ & they're still referring to men as boys in their songs. Not like I have an issue with that but just some observations.

AdaWong

I remember listening to The Art of Letting Go and not thinking it was flatout terribke, so there's that. I still have no idea why they thought Thirsty or its photoshopped as hell cover were good as a single choice/art.

Speaking of thristy.

Some gays are so thirsty.

Touchdown

Banned
I remember listening to The Art of Letting Go and not thinking it was flatout terribke, so there's that. I still have no idea why they thought Thirsty or its photoshopped as hell cover were good as a single choice/art.

Speaking of thristy.

Some gays are so thirsty.

Thirsty was never released as a single though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom