• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
4723257_orig.gif

@ Blood Diamonds

Ugh, I'm seething.
why are you only @ing me? is it because i'm a lana stan?

The Flop

Banned
She needs to have her child snatched by Child Services.

She needs to tug on TayLORDs wig first. She can put a bitch in place in about 15 seconds. She is a good mom though based on the MTV show, but I think she knows why she was cast on this celeb [R E D A C T E D] experiment, so she has to give them the 250K worth.

EDIT: Incoming Kim Davis next year.

EDIT 2: Plus she's taken a bigger [R E D A C T E D] in her [R E D A C T E D] then most of you size queens would imagine, and did it like a champ.... so give her some credit!

Still hoping there is a lyric to rival Cola on Honeymoon

Although tbh I'm loving the general quality of lyrics from songs we've heard so far. They're really good imo.

Adding to my previous post, it all just feels flat. Lana is not interested in these songs. There is no engagement to be had with her voice unlike on her previous two alberms. She is simply going through motions. The production is bog standard with nothing to distinguish it.

If Lana was doing something more with her voice that wouldn't be a big problem. But she isn't. She is one neverending monotone drone on every tack I've heard.

Adding to my previous post, it all just feels flat. Lana is not interested in these songs. There is no engagement to be had with her voice unlike on her previous two alberms. She is simply going through motions. The production is bog standard with nothing to distinguish it.

If Lana was doing something more with her voice that wouldn't be a big problem. But she isn't. She is one neverending monotone drone on every tack I've heard.
lol

she changes between high and low pitches on EVERY song she's released so far

i can't

Then perhaps it's time to admit the production carries her and not the other way around.

#BringBackAuerbach
?

The production carries all of Miley's newest album and you came hard for that.

edit: It's not a bad thing, the production carries all of EMOTION and it's a great album. The production carries a lot of Beauty Behind The Madness so??? what kind of critic...

rhandino

Banned
?

edit: It's not a bad thing, the production carries all of EMOTION and it's a great album. The production carries a lot of Beauty Behind The Madness so??? what kind of critic...
I don't think that he is coming for Lana because she is carried by the production but the fact that even that is starting to sound boring in contrast to most of what she offered in Born to Die and Ultraviolence.

w6cffxj.gif

?

Yes, because those alberms have fairly stellar production overall.

Did you miss the part when I said Honeymoon's songs have beige production and in turn Lana's voice can't make up for those shortcomings, or are you too young to know how to read? Stay in school, bew.

Yes, because those alberms have fairly stellar production overall.

Did you miss the part when I said Honeymoon's songs have beige production and in turn Lana's voice can't make up for those shortcomings, or are you to young to know how to read? Stay in school, bew.
You said the production carries her, implying the production is good and carries her songs. So ?

Besides, there's nothing like the production of Honeymoon, Freak, and HBTB on BTD or UV. All 3 of her albums have different sounds and are nothing like each other. You guys are saying that Honeymoon sounds too different from BTD and UV or too boring, etc. When it's just different. This is exactly what was being said about UV before and after it released, she keeps changing her sound and y'all expect her to keep doing the same BTD die shit over and over again when Lana has said that she does her music for herself and that's why pretty much all of her albums after BTD will always be so divisive. She'll never do another Blue Jeans, National Anthem, Cruel World, Pretty When You Cry, because she moves tf on when her newest album is released. All of this applies to MTWBT too, where tf are you gonna find a Lana song with a damn flute in BTD/Paradise/UV? She keeps evolving and you can all stay behind and gag.

I'm glad she keeps changing it up even if her voice doesn't drastically change on each and every album but no artist gets a new voice for every new album.

edit: "boring" is exactly the word that was being used for UV and now you're all here praising it along with BTD, I cannot.

AdaWong

Why are we discussing talentless trash like Mariah or Lana when we can bop to the newly released single by Selena Marie Gomez, "Same Old Love." The song/art serving me Noire-esque feels I'm living.

You said the production carries her, implying the production is good and carries her songs. So ?

[redacted treatise on the merits of Lana Del Rey]

edit: "boring" is exactly the word that was being used for UV and now you're all here praising it along with BTD, I cannot.

And there is a disconnect. I was saying the production on her previous albums carried them. I was implying the production on Honeymoon's tracks seems fairly subpar in comparison and as a result I'm really not feeling any song so far. High by the Beach is okay. Freak has potential.

As for the edit, you can keep that. I was praising Ultraviolence since day one.

B-Dex

Why are we discussing talentless trash like Mariah or Lana when we can bop to the newly released single by Selena Marie Gomez, "Same Old Love." The song/art serving me Noire-esque feels I'm living.

Love you like a big Schlong is Selener's biggest impact.

giphy.gif

How have ya'll been doing?

How have you been on the same thread since march?

Low key surprised the thread wasn't closed now that Mumei isn't a mod.
SsPVT4m.gif

And there is a disconnect. I was saying the production on her previous albums carried them. I was implying the production on Honeymoon's tracks seems fairly subpar in comparison and as a result I'm really not feeling any song so far. High by the Beach is okay. Freak has potential.

As for the edit, you can keep that. I was praising Ultraviolence since day one.
We still don't have the full album and some songs are already sounding promising. I guess we'll know when the full thing releases

Love you like a big Schlong is Selener's biggest impact.
It really is, I used it a lot in middle school.

AdaWong

I agree. Love You Like a Holy Song was so good that Ladie Gagz blatantly ripped it off in Artpoop hoping she'd pull off another Poker Face with a stolen formula. Poor IT how did that turn out for her?

AdaWong

I just wanna look good for ya, good for ya.
Uh-oh.
Baby let me be good to ya, good to ya.
Uh-oh.
Let me show you how proud I am to be yours..

..leave this dress a mess on the floor.
Still look good for ya,
Good for ya.
Uh-oh.

cory64

Mariah can still put out an album that isn't embarrassing (outside of cmd-v belt.aiff).

Some gerls don't even manage that for more than 1001 days.

AdaWong

The fact that she acknowledged the Delete It Fat thing in an interview. I can't.

Btw, "Demolisher" sounds like such a nice nickname and comes off as the opposite of shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom