• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

New page, new music:

fh28Xw8.jpg

While listening to one of my podcast subscriptions, I came across -- what I think -- is a pretty amazing track. Can't really figure out what genre it falls into, but it's a little bit like Gaga's Aura meets twangy folk, meets alternative rock.

It's a two-person band comprised Arone Dyer and Aron Sanchez of who play their own modified instruments [hence the name Buke (baritone ukulele) and Gase (guitar/base)] simultaneously with others like the toe-tambourine, foot drum, etc).

+/-

I'm still going through their stuff right now, but two standout tracks from the album +/- so far have been:

With Bundletuck being the track that sucked me in. Medicina gets interesting at 1:11 and then amazing at 1:48.

----------

Check them out, sistren, but don't feel obligated to. It's always great to find new music, so give them a chance! Couldn't hurt!

Touchdown

Banned
New page, new music:

I'm still going through their stuff right now, but two standout tracks from the album +/- so far have been:

[/INDENT]

With Bundletuck being the track that sucked me in. Medicina gets interesting at 1:11 and then amazing at 1:48.

----------

Check them out, sistren, but don't feel obligated to. It's always great to find new music, so give them a chance! Couldn't hurt!

Checked them out...not my thang. But they DID remind me of a couple of songs from my altrock/bluesy faves, the Alabama Shakes

- Hold On
- I Ain't The Same

0d806222f4.gif

-

3phemeral

Checked them out...not my thang. But they DID remind me of a couple of songs from my altrock/bluesy faves, the Alabama Shakes

- Hold On
- I Ain't The Same

0d806222f4.gif

-

You're right. That first one has a similar vibe. I may use...

I think vocally, I'm liking Medicina more at the moment. It really benefits from some good headphones because after listening to it on my computer speakers, you miss a lot other sound going on and instead, much of the higher pitched portions of the track standout more than it should. Listening to it via the podcast was a very different experience the direct PC speakers. Thanks for checking it out, Touch!

Touchdown

Banned
You're right. That first one has a similar vibe. I may use...

I think vocally, I'm liking Medicina more at the moment. It really benefits from some good headphones because after listening to it on my computer speakers, you miss a lot other sound going on and instead, much of the higher pitched portions of the track standout more than it should. Listening to it via the podcast was a very different experience the direct PC speakers. Thanks for checking it out, Touch!

Yeah you just reminded me I need to buy new headphones. lol

What I hate is when the quality of a youtube upload seems better in my headphones than the same songs I buy from Itunes. Not sure if that's just my headphones or my Itunes player.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Adam Lambert talking about his new album.

Speaking of your new album, The Original High, how is it different to your previous material?

This album was executive produced by Max Martin and Shellback and they helped me keep a very cohesive sound and mood throughout. Sonically it feels more contemporary than my previous material. It’s definitely pop but not bubblegum. We have avoided camp and theatrics and have favoured a darker, more grounded vibe, and at the same time, it will make you dance! Lyrically, it’s very very personal, the album has an overall bittersweet feel to it. Vocally, I think it’s my most tasteful, sophisticated work to date. With Max’s guidance, I approached a lot of it with more restraint than in the past. Instead of being overly specific, most of the songs are more esoteric and so they’re open to interpretation. I’m curious to hear about the individual meaning that people find in the songs dependent on their own situation.

The first single feels like the perfect introduction to The Original High. It establishes itself in a very earthy, vulnerable way and transforms into a hypnotic dream full of surreal imagery and set to a minimal yet massive deep house beat. The hook will worm its way into your ears after the first listen. Get ready!

Yasss Dad-E

I'll do them instead.

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
CHEEK TO CHEEK - LADY GAGA FT. TONY BENNETT

RECORD OF THE YEAR
FROOT - MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS

BEST RAP ALBUM

BEST NEW ARTIST
RITA ORA

#official #confirmed
iKvyQi61I6rNR.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'll do them instead.

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

RECORD OF THE YEAR
FROOT - MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS

BEST RAP ALBUM

BEST NEW ARTIST
RITA ORA

#official #confirmed
iKvyQi61I6rNR.gif

Stop doing drugs kids.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Marina shifting 46k albums first week
great result for a hew

Aguila

#ICONIC
Or Soulscribe could have copied the links from one of the earlier OTs tbh

a652eb6ecac245049a36f1b25c25de45.gif

Or what if Soulscribe knew that but asked Marius to send the links because he knew he wouldn't bother or forget and thus Marius wouldn't do the grammys and thus the popgaf tourney thing would remain the only award thing on popgaf?

a652eb6ecac245049a36f1b25c25de45.gif

cory64

I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight.
>When Zayn gets more of a spotlight for leaving that he ever did as a member of the group

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
i NEED the details to all spill out
you dont just up and leave the worlds biggest band

rhandino

Banned
You all better drop the Rhat vs OralB stan wars for a momenT because this is the time to get plenty of kiis and LOL from one of the most messiest fanbases.

Also this:

Qut7E3e.png

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! It's happening

FUScXRn.gif

Also, I can't believe this kids know who are the Spice Girls, they better stan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom