• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

is there a macklemore-less edit of downtown out there?
i like the beat and the singer but macklemore is shit

Is there a rap-less version of Good for You? I like the song, but the rap is completely unneeded. It ruins everything and it fits nowhere. It is like the smoothness of the song is broken just so they can add a feat. for no reason other than adding a feat.

Mau ®

1) Ryan Adams is an ICON
2) 1989 is already iconic
3) 1989 by Ryan Adams is better than anything by Lana has ever done

And thats that. Whew.

The Flop

Banned
tumblr_nv0cpcb8pL1qzwh14o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nv0cpcb8pL1qzwh14o3_r3_500.jpg

tumblr_nv0cpcb8pL1qzwh14o2_500.jpg

rhandino

Banned
I'm confused but the 1989 by Ryan Adams... I like what he did with some of the songs but at the same time I hate how he did a lot of them. I don't know...

Oh well, someone should make a thread in OT and see people FLOCK to tell each other about how the originals are trash and the one that features a penis is clearly superior...

Oh, I see that Garret has been busy~

Phreaker

Noooo :( You just haven't accepted her (kaceytron) into your heart yet.

Mau ®;179521664 said:
The way 1989 by Ryan Adams is AOTY material

Bryan Adams is still putting out new music? Seriously though...I didn't know about this until today. I don't know who he is, but I'll check out the cover album.

Edit: not him being from the city I've lived in for the last 10 years and never hearing of him, his impacT

Edit2: Wont be listening to any of this again. I much prefer Taylord's version.

I feel really bad for Carly Rae Jepsen. That "Stop sleeping" thread about E•MO•TION got me to listen to it and it's definitely one of my favorite albums this year so it's sad to see it go largely unnoticed. That street performance was painful.

I know, I'm still sad about it. Something is definitely wrong with the industry if she's street performing to make some coins.

Hours after Demi Lovato released her new single “Confident" on Sept. 17, fans' confidence in the single’s potential showed: It vaulted to No. 1 on the real time Billboard + Twitter Trending 140 chart, and held within the top 10 throughout the weekend. The track thus becomes Demi’s second chart-topper in recent weeks, following “Cool for The Summer,” which last reached the summit on Sept. 1 in the wake of its performance on the MTV Video Music Awards (Aug. 30).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...1/demi-lovato-confident-number-1-trending-140

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
twitter doesn't mean shit unless those tweets can be converted to sales, which in the case of demi I doubt

Floridian

The Male Taylor Swift tbh
except his music is better.

The R&B/pop star is the first artist to succeed himself at the summit since Taylor Swift last year, and the first male to achieve the feat since 2008. Plus, Drake hits the top 10.

The Weeknd replaces himself atop the Billboard Hot 100 as "The Hills" ascends 2-1, dethroning his own "Can't Feel My Face," down 1-3, after three nonconsecutive weeks on top. The Weeknd is the first artist to rule successively since Taylor Swift last year and the first solo male to lead back-to-back since T.I. in 2008.

The Weeknd continues to rule the Billboard 200 albums chart, as he racks up a third straight week at No. 1 with Beauty Behind the Madness.

week4.gif

Why don't people shade the 600+ male artists who emulate Michael Jackson's vocal style and dancing like they shade every female who even hints at channeling Madonna/Cher/Grace/Mariah?

llehuty

So do we know around which date should we expect Charlie XCX J-pop era to begin?

I'm really curious about what she does with that sound. Hopefully there is room for some stellar Jpop producers working with her, instead of western artists imitating that sound. Western audiences need some Yasutaka Nakata and Shinichi Osawa in their lives.

She said not too long ago it's actually inspired by Paris Hilton.

The fundamental lesson is take nothing she says seriously. Querl is more mercurial than a thermometer.

Mau ®

She's still poor compared to Taylor, Gaga, Katy, etc. Not even in the same league as Beyoncé or Mariah yet.

She doesnt get the same money from music because she doesnt write her stuff. Her royalties are slim compared to them. And she's not an extensive touring artist like Bey, Tay and lately Katy.

Seems to me she's trying to get the most money possible by doing the least possible. Won't be surprised if she becomes the next Gwen Stefani and just focuses on fashion in the future with a random album every 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom