• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

but i mean....................you don't use GOD-Y TALK?

Robyn?

HemvVgl.gif

I can't get into her music, sorry.

Floridian

High Violet or Gorilla Manor or Odd Blood or Bawdy
Talk >>>>>> LOUDT

Really, Loud wouldn't even be in my top 20, it was a very strong year.

TBF though, I was going for a Rap/R&B/Pop trinity kind of thing.

Gorilla Manor is in my top five of 2010 though.

Michal Menert > the other hews you mentioned.

I'll listen to Sufjan later.

Most of Janelle's music isn't very good tbh

honestly I'm starting to come around to the argument that she makes kind of average attempts at throwback/vintage music. I wish she'd try something new or interesting. Not saying she should sing over EDM or trap like you guys faves but...dunno, do something interesting...

Yado

honestly I'm starting to come around to the argument that she makes kind of average attempts at throwback/vintage music. I wish she'd try something new or interesting. Not saying she should sing over EDM or trap like you guys faves but...dunno, do something interesting...

Her music is very pedestrian, I think people just get caught up in everything else she does that makes it seem like it isn't.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
can we not for a second entertain the notion that janelle monae has managed to pull of some kind of confidence trick that she makes good music? bc she actually makes really good music a lot of the time.

thanx.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Sorry but you need an album with atleast +5 #1 singles to be considered a Katy Perry. Nicki hasn't even accomplished a single #1 on billboard as of now. Though they have the same amount of grammys. =x

Mess. I never payed attention to Onika's chart positions, but I always assumed Super Bass was a smash #1 hit.

Floridian

Mess. I never payed attention to Onika's chart positions, but I always assumed Super Bass was a smash #1 hit.

It peaked at #3. Anaconda was her closest effort @ #2. As for grammys though, i'm a bit surprised she hasn't gotten one yet. I mean, Missy, Lil kim, Lauryn Hill, & even Eve has one.

JCX

Janelle hands down the best live show I've been to, better than Outkast (2k14), Grimes, Lana, Lupe, Passion Pit, and a bunch of others. Empire of the Sun would be the closest rival, but they just had to be stuffed under the Sahara tent for some dumb reason.

Eek the absolute SELF CLOCK on myself!

Haven't done one of those in forever!

But wait Queen Gillian is in Hannibal? Or are yall just using her iconic gifs

I need to watch Hannibal

Get caught up and be perched for season three because she's going to be featured even more prominently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom