• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Uptown Funk will take the crown. Then the Rhat will take the 18 #1s thrones. All Mariah will have left will be her All I Want For Christmas Is You scepter.

Poor dat.

Thankfully you're wrong. She still has 2 Songs of the Decade (One Sweet Day & We Belong Together), best Selling Female Artist Of All Time Since Soundscan, 250+ Million Records Sold Worldwide, Most Weeks at Number One By Any Artist (79), Female Longest Running Number One Single In History (One Sweet Day), First Female Artist To Amass seven, eight and nine consecutive triple platinum albums, an oscar, awarded Artist Of The Millenium by the World Music Awards, has 5 Grammys, Most Number One debuts By Any Artist, Most Successful Female Songwriter Of All-Time, Most Consecutive Years Charting A Number-One Single, and Most Consecutive Years Producing A Number-One Single

78f880fcd3.gif

3phemeral

bFicZ7

Thankfully you're wrong. She still has 2 Songs of the Decade (One Sweet Day & We Belong Together), best Selling Female Artist Of All Time Since Soundscan, 250+ Million Records Sold Worldwide, Most Weeks at Number One By Any Artist (79), Female Longest Running Number One Single In History (One Sweet Day), First Female Artist To Amass seven, eight and nine consecutive triple platinum albums, an oscar, awarded Artist Of The Millenium by the World Music Awards, has 5 Grammys, Most Number One debuts By Any Artist, Most Successful Female Songwriter Of All-Time, Most Consecutive Years Charting A Number-One Single, and Most Consecutive Years Producing A Number-One Single

78f880fcd3.gif
Fgy1vB

Touchdown

Banned
Isn't Madonna the Best Selling Female Artist of all time?

Honest question.

Edit: That tea.gif is killing me.

Madonna is the BIGGEST selling.. meaning she has sold more but she's been around longer. Mariah is the BEST selling.. meaning she's sold more since she popped on the scene. (Since soundscan)

Frodo

Madonna is the BIGGEST selling.. meaning she has sold more but she's been around longer. Mariah is the BEST selling.. meaning she's sold more since she popped on the scene. (Since soundscan)

Ok, So Mariah sold more than Madonna when comparing the same time frame, but Madonna still has more overall... Got it.

I honestly want Mariah to keep on holding that record. She deserves it more than feat. Bruno Mars.

Ok, So Mariah sold more than Madonna when comparing the same time frame, but Madonna still has more overall... Got it.

I honestly want Mariah to keep on holding that record. She deserves it more than feat. Bruno Mars.

Tbh that song would be on the bubbling under if it didn't have Bruno on the track.
78f880fcd3.gif

Who knew Bruno would go on to slay as much as he has? I'm happy for him even if I'm completely over Uptown Funk.

Yeah, his story is inspiring tbh.
I am over the song as well but he went through shit with the industry and never gave up and it paid off.

and BBHMM would have remained a soundcloud demo by some hew tryhard rapper, that no one would have liked, if Rihanna didn't sing it. what is your point o_O

Ok? not really a Rihanna stan but alright.

you can just make that argument for any hit, really. people like familiar voices.

We're making the same point honestly. It wasn't to shade Bruno in the slightest I liked the song at first a few spins.
Never really warmed up to BBHMM even some stans don't seem to like it.

This era seems pretty polarizing but I am not writing off her album yet, we only heard 2 songs and some snippets.

Prime example of an artist with a great voice but boring music that blends in too much.
I bought his EP and album and Nirvana is much better.

No wonder I stopped listening to the radio, I won't be caught listening to that every hour.
not only that but I switched to three different stations and all three of them had that stupid evergreen song playing

whoever sings that can go fuck themselves

rude

Banned
Currently getting my life to 'I Stay in Love', the best song on E=MC2. Also been listening to her cover of I Still Believe which might as well just be her song by now.

cory64

The fact that some radio stations literally only play 5 songs heavily and just randomly give the other tracks some spots in between (note that The Weeknd took Bruno's spot)

jjvMoI9.png

Frodo

Currently getting my life to 'I Stay in Love', the best song on E=MC2. Also been listening to her cover of I Still Believe which might as well just be her song by now.

Funny way of spelling Migrate I'll be Lovin' U Long Time.

And no one even knows the original version of I Still Believe existed any more.

3phemeral

I have an affinity for Love Story and of course, For the Record.

Funny way of spelling Migrate I'll be Lovin' U Long Time.

And no one even knows the original version of I Still Believe existed any more.
I have a love/hate relationship with Migrate. I love her approach lyrically but the production is lacking a bit.

Also, I Still Believe in both its remake and the Pure Imagination remix slay.

Oh oh oh, I still, babe
I know we will
I know oh oh oh oh oh oh we will
Dream
Because I still believe
In love again, my love
And I still believe
See it's MORE than my imagination
I have a dream

No matta what, baby
No matta what they say
You betta believe we can still be togetha'

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
God..............................where have you been is the best edm song of ALL TIME. The fact that every time u think its ratcETed up a level and plateaud they push it up another notch.......it starts at like 8 and ends up at 12. When the beat changes near the end a 'to show me where you are tonight' God. LAWD, end me rihallah.

rude

Banned
Talk That Talk >*

Make sure to get into the sexy island beat reciprocal sex act smash 'watch n learn' etc etc while you're at it

Trigger

God..............................where have you been is the best edm song of ALL TIME. The fact that every time u think its ratcETed up a level and plateaud they push it up another notch.......it starts at like 8 and ends up at 12. When the beat changes near the end a 'to show me where you are tonight' God. LAWD, end me rihallah.

Educate them.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Rihanna - A Night (snippet)

It sounds looped so can't really form an opinion on this yet. But I think it will sound good.

i can feel it
this is going to be my favourite track from ha.., like ever

the sound of this album is going to be all over the place though, every song weve heard so far could be from different albums

royalan

The fact that some radio stations literally only play 5 songs heavily and just randomly give the other tracks some spots in between (note that The Weeknd took Bruno's spot)

jjvMoI9.png
This is why Billboard needs to go ahead and even further reduce the importance of radio play in their chart formula.

Radio is irrelevant and easily manipulated today, and it's only going to get more so tomorrow.

And of course some stans of the artists who were there promoting Tidal are too far up their asses to see the point she's making.

"oh she's just jealous" "maybe if she focuses on the business aspect of her career she would be a part of that exclusive group"

Give me a fucking break. I am going to check out Tidal but I see her point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom