• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mau ®;188788160 said:
The way the media is intent on selling us this "Gaga won 2015" narrative. Her comeback is looking as forced and plotted as Britney's Circus.

Beyoncé teas.

But hew else in pop music has had as good a year without actually releasing new music? She stayed relevant and slayed practically every public appearance this year. There's definitely plotting, and it's by her. She wants to be head bitch again.

Floridian

But hew else in pop music has had as good a year without actually releasing new music? She stayed relevant and slayed practically every public appearance this year. There's definitely plotting, and it's by her. She wants to be head bitch again.

Since everyone (except Adele, or possibly Taylor) is releasing next year, she'll have plenty of competition towards being the "head bitch". We'll see how 2015's reception works out for her in the long run.

B-Dex

Raven? Is that you girl?

GorWD1p.jpg

Has she been hitting the bleach baths with Bey?

Touchdown

Banned
Queen Mother of Christmas back in the top 12 on the worldwide Itunes chart and the only other female artist besides Adele. Slay mama
jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

385487e21e8a1abead910af339289653.png

I don't know if you sis heard yet.. the Play store is giving Kelly Clarkson and Mimi's Christmas alber away. Put that free stuff in your library before they pull the deal.

rhandino

Banned
yes king came through this era! Do we all agree he released the best pop album this year?
No the best of this year but it was really good, and this is coming from someone who hates his guts with passion.

And speaking of Biebs this era of him was really successful and a great comeback but I wonder what other marketing tactic is ha manager going to use in his next era...
Maybe a non photoshoped D?

7TeM3VQ.gif

EDIT: NOOOO at that K-Pop band thread in OT...

Frodo

Apparently Willow Smith pulled a Beyonce and released an album out of the nowhere? Someone, please, listen and let me know how/what it is.

Apparently Willow Smith pulled a Beyonce and released an album out of the nowhere? Someone, please, listen and let me know how/what it is.
It's so fucking boring. Dead Petz at least had interesting production and went to many different places even if all I liked was Cyrus Skies. This, though? All the songs sound the same, they all have the same sound and beat to them and they become incredibly repetitive. The lyrics are idiotic and she doesn't do anything interesting with her voice. The EP she released before this trash album shits all over whatever this is.

trash

It's so fucking boring. Dead Petz at least had interesting production and went to many different places even if all I liked was Cyrus Skies. This, though? All the songs sound the same, they all have the same sound and beat to them and they become incredibly repetitive. The lyrics are idiotic and she doesn't do anything interesting with her voice. The EP she released before this trash album shits all over whatever this is.

trash

image.php

12366395_1037807239595059_7394160104441634316_n.jpg

yas queen

interview here: http://www.nme.com/features/a-letter-from-lana-del-rey-the-full-nme-cover-interview

she shits all over your faves with her personality as usual

edit:
The song ‘Art Deco’ is rumoured to be about Azealia Banks. Is that true?

“Definitely not. I have no idea where people got that from. I just don’t know what the correlation is. That song is actually about a group of teenagers who go out every night.”
Read more at
drag her lana

SaintZ

OMG is she... back to auburn hair?
8zdxcqdurg.gif

drag her lana
I don't think Azealia thought it was about her but some stans were starting shit on twitter about it and making the comparisions.

Anyway from the interview:
Your three Lana Del Rey albums have been very Californian in sound and imagery. But Lizzy Grant is from New York. Will you ever make a New York record?

“I feel like ‘Born To Die’ had a lot of New York in it because I was in New York leading up to the time that the record came out, except for the time I was in London while I was working on it. I find it very easy to go back and forth between a New York state of mind and a California way of being, so I could see me making another New York record. I think it would be different just because it would be a little harder, faster, more upbeat and less dreamy.”
Oh so she's open to returning to that kind of sound. There is hope for another BTD after all
iuvgqnvb3iajzn7u0h.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
one of those is not like the others
all hope gone for rih this year?

Frodo

trash

eek

it's not on Google, so I won't even bother, then...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Its like something charli xcx would wear
and I mean that in the shadiest way possible

Yado

It's time for Gaga to lay off the lip injections. Enough.

Based on Playcount and life given:

1. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
2. If You're Reading This It's Too Late
3. Amethyst
4. Dark Sky Paradise
5. Reality Show
6. Hallucinogen
7. Wildheart
8. M3LL155X
9. Mutant
10. Hairless Toys

Nothing really blew me away but I've had worse years I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom