• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

I don't get the mumbling complaints, I can understand every word she's saying.

It's not really mumbling. That's basically how she speaks with her full accent. It's her patois. If you watch the documentary when she visits her country before starting the TTT era, you can barely understand a word when she speaks.

Yado

Mau ®;193463097 said:
It's not really mumbling. That's basically how she speaks with her full accent. It's her patois. If you watch the documentary when she visits her country before starting the TTT era, you can barely understand a word when she speaks.

It's actually more of a faux-Jamaican than Bajan accent. Bajans don't speak like that.

I don't get the mumbling complaints, I can understand every word she's saying.

hX4RCKW.gif

Nasser

Work sounds like an unfinished demo with vocals that sound like me when I'm trying to describe a song to friends I've only heard once

tumblr_lekcllEgZ41qdlkgg.gif

Mau ®

In the e-mail that came with "Work" for the radio stations, it mentioned ANTi was coming "in a few days". Could it be this Friday?

Phreaker

I can too. And I'm a sheltered white American. No one else has any excuse.

Is this what she is saying?

@1:50
What can I say
Please recognize I'm tryin' baby
I say were were were were were were
It's in me I say were were were were were were
It's in me tell me der der der der der der
Saw my body wa wa wa wa wa
When you walka la la la la la la
My naked reminds me ta ta ta ta ta ta

MrV4ltor

Ooh ooh ooh Who who who
Who Who who ooh who who
Who Who Heavy Metal Lover

I could be your girl girl girl girl girl girl
But would you love me if I ruled the world world world?

PnL4NXy.gif

Honestly Work makes me excited for the full album, even though it's not necessarily the single everyone wanted. There are moments on Work that are brilliant.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The album's called ANTi, I dunno why y'all were expecting some kinda WFL radio fodder situation. I take this over generic pop tune any day.

And lol @ assigning any expectations toward a Zayn single. Is the kid actually talented beyond that forced crooner vocal tone?

calling Zayn untalented while at the same time trying to defend this new mediocre single from the most untalented rodent CTFU

Floridian

Zinc's single is gonna be such a non-event. 1D had improved numbers without him, so clearly he was also a non-factor to their performance. I hope his solo career will have a chance with his pseudo-serious R&B appoach.

edit: #1 in over 50 countries. Thought AO ended her tbh.

Is this what she is saying?

@1:50
What can I say
Please recognize I'm tryin' baby
I say were were were were were were
It's in me I say were were were were were were
It's in me tell me der der der der der der
Saw my body wa wa wa wa wa
When you walka la la la la la la
My naked reminds me ta ta ta ta ta ta

What can I say
Please recognize I’m tryin’, baby
I be
Work, work, work, work, work, work
He said me haffi
He see me do me
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt
So me put in
When you are gone
Learn, learn, learn, learn, learn

As far as my ears can tell. She lays the patois on thick during the chorus. Admittedly, I can't make out the final line.

rhandino

Banned
I stan Lana and already forgot Huntymoon. This is the tea.
Considering that she has the biggest second week drop for an album along with MDNA of all things, you are not alone.

7RzZZUi.gif

Poor her stans, they even dared to drag Lady Gaga when the mess with High by the Beach happened. Oops!

Aguila

#ICONIC
Work is cute up until Drake begins his droning. He KILLS the song's flow. At least the Rhat's mumbling has some kind of rhythm. >_>

Meowster

Ooh ooh ooh Who who who
Who Who who ooh who who
Who Who Heavy Metal Lover

I could be your girl girl girl girl girl girl
But would you love me if I ruled the world world world?

PnL4NXy.gif
OMG - this is so good and one of the best album tracks of all time.

Poor Artflop sans Fashion.

mF2Sx.gif

Phreaker

Work is cute up until Drake begins his droning. He KILLS the song's flow. At least the Rhat's mumbling has some kind of rhythm. >_>

Agreed. I can listen to the song, but when he comes on I just want it to end. I guess I was hoping for another Only Girl (In The World), We Found Love, Love The Way You Lie, Where Have You Been, Diamonds, Stay or anything near the caliber of so many of her other wonderful songs. :( I don't think the ANTi era is for me.

Nasser

Amber is a whore and stripper now but honestly did he forget that he wrote one of his best albums and cried on stage about her when she left him? Asshole

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Kanye throwing stones in a glass house?
latest

Amber is a whore and stripper now but honestly did he forget that he wrote one of his best albums and cried on stage about her when she left him? Asshole

might wanna edit that

Fevaweva

I like Work. Sure it isn't exactly bombastic nor does it really grab your attention but it is an enjoyable song. I like that Rihanna sounds more Barbados-ian on it.

Phreaker

YASSS Billboard, let them know! Carly Rae Jepsen Makes Another Case For Being Highly Underrated on 'Seth Meyers'

In case you missed it, Carly Rae Jepsen performed two songs off her Emotion album on Late Night With Seth Meyers Monday night, which only served to remind everyone just how solid a pop album that was, despite being largely eclipsed by Taylor Swift's 1989.

Singing "Run Away With Me" and "Your Type," Jepsen delivered just the kind of unshowy but melodically infectious performance that fans can point to when making the case that Swift's claim to current pop queendom isn't totally irrefutable. Jepsen's Late Night appearance also comes as part of her publicity buildup to her role as Frenchy in Grease: Live! which airs Sunday, Jan. 31 on Fox.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me/Your Type - Medley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0cQVDy5_I

Fevaweva

Summary of what is going on, please?

I'm on the side against Kanye before I know what is happening, tho.

WIz said something negative about Kanye West's new album being called waves, then he put KK on his twitter name. Kanye sees this and thinks he is referencing Kim for some reason and then goes off on him and eventually mentions Amber and the child Wiz and her have had together.

The Amber, quite rightly, weighs in.

Frodo

I'll congratulate Kanye for exploring his body and his erogenous zones. No need to be ashamed, Kanye. Let Kim go deep if you want to.

BTW, Thanks, Fevaweva

Yado

That was a really tame thing for her to say tbh. The fact that they have a gag order suggests that she knows some shit that could really shift his wig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom