• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
As much as a loathe ha I cant deny that Gaga is a good album away to become a Legend.

she just need a cool comeback and sadly Lorde and Samantha blocked ha

The Flop

Banned
Let's discuss our favorite moments of this OT.

I think my highlights would be:
-The messy R8 Diary and Anti launch
- Lemonade
- Formation
- Gaga's Superbowl "National Anthem"
- Fifth Harmony getting their redemption from "Whew" status and making an impacT in music.
- The meltdown when Samantha won tha oscar.
- Katy leaving us alone this OT.
- The GIFS we got from CBBUK from Miss New York.

The low-lights:
- Anti's Anticlimactic release thanks to Blue Ivy hitting the button to early.
- Kanye telling everyone he's broke, and that we should sub to TIDAL
-Subbing to TIDAL for 1 day to listen to Lemonade when it was on iTunes the next day (Granted it was a free trial)
- My and other's unnecessary BANS (Sony GAF don't play)
- No LG5 single yet

That's all I can think of for now.

giphy.gif

The Flop

Banned
little-girl-gives-divorce-advice.gif

Thanks for the great OT Floridian.

My Body is not ready for the next OT, but my ears are. It's great this "Era" went out with a bang... when Life gives you Lemons...

sPGacKd.gif

3phemeral

NPR's thoughts on LEMONADE:

With this album, Beyoncé is telling us that she's made it this far in spite of the system in place; you know — the overtly sexist, subtly racist one. She was served lemons. And she made the most fire, refreshing, delectable, thirst-quenching lemonade ever known to man. Actually, scratch that — ever known to woman.

W72dlh

Anyone do a tally of all the different weaves Beyonce wore in the film?

Because that scalp of hers must be made of adamantium to weather such abuse. Had to be well into the double digits.

I think Love Drought is the tipping point that puts Lemonade above Self-Titled for me.

Every time I listen to that track, something new and unexpected shakes my senses. Transcendent.

This album to all our faves:

tumblr_inline_o67beiKLbE1twign1_500.gif

Floridian

Pitchfork 8.5 - Best New Music

For a perfectionist who controls her image meticulously, Beyoncé is obsessed with the notion of realness. That’s the biggest selling point of an album like Lemonade, but there’s a quality to it that also invites skepticism: That desire to basically art-direct your own sobbing self-portrait to make sure your mascara smears in the most perfectly disheveled way. But who cares what's "real" when the music delivers a truth you can use.

rhandino

Banned
The podcast will be released along with Vita Ora and Azealia Banks 2nd album and the next one will be around the time Britney will be declared a functional adult again.

Bookmark me.

nBrBTXM.gif

3phemeral

I think Love Drought is the tipping point that puts Lemonade above Self-Titled for me.

Every time I listen to that track, something new and unexpected shakes my senses. Transcendent.

This album to all our faves:

tumblr_inline_o67beiKLbE1twign1_500.gif

I wish the album had the same spoken-word and music-box interludes as the visual album.I find myself watching it more than listening to the audio-only version.

The more I watch, the more I think Hold Up is more single worth than Sorry. Also, Don't Hurt Yourself is just a hugely cathartic track with how she lets loose vocally near the end:

Who the FUCK do you think i is?!

xIPP0M

You just gotta let it be
let it be
Let it be
LET IT BE
L E T I T B E​

QDgXLy

[edit]

Freedom is criminally short.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the album had the same spoken-word and music-box interludes as the visual album.

Same. I think the film is more rewarding than the album. If only the film featured the full versions of all the songs* and the album were the full film's audio.

*I've only watched it once, but I'm pretty sure some of them were cut short. Could be remembering wrongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom