• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Same. I think the film is more rewarding than the album. If only the film featured the full versions of all the songs* and the album the full film.

*I've only watched it once, but I'm pretty sure some of them were cut short. Could be remembering wrongly.

Bless you, sis. Freedom is definitely longer on the audio-only. <3

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Cg85eGkWIAAH_HY.jpg
I had to see this so so should all of you

MANUELF

Banned
Just heard the Lemonade preview on itunes..... unless the complete songs are wayyy too different and better this is even worse than Beyonce, didnt think that was possible but here we are, she is trying way too hard to be Adele with an álbum full of slow tempo songs

Just heard the Lemonade preview on itunes..... unless the complete songs are wayyy too different and better this is even worse than Beyonce, didnt think that was possible but here we are, she is trying way too hard to be Adele with an álbum full of slow tempo songs
imagine having a taste this shitty

1fWZMtw.gif

Well I, for one, am shocked! Who could have foreseen you coming to this conclusion? Lets all hope that Beyonce can, one day, achieve the vocal and musical heights of Britney Spears. After all, the impoverished nations of the world still use her so she must be doing something right.

I tried to change. Closed my mouth more, tried to be softer, prettier, less awake. Fasted for 60 days, wore white, abstained from mirrors, abstained from sex, slowly did not speak another word. In that time, my hair, I grew past my ankles. I slept on a mat on the floor. I swallowed a sword. I levitated. Went to the basement, confessed my sins, and was baptized in a river. I got on my knees and said 'amen' and said 'I mean.'

I whipped my own back and asked for dominion at your feet. I threw myself into a volcano. I drank the blood and drank the wine. I sat alone and begged and bent at the waist for God. I crossed myself and thought I saw the devil. I grew thickened skin on my feet, I bathed in bleach, and plugged my menses with pages from the holy book, but still inside me, coiled deep, was the need to know ...

Are you cheating on me?

beyonc%25C3%25A9-drops-surprise-album-lemonade-04.gif

WHEW.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I'm now imagining what an Adele cover album of LEMONADE would sound like.

In spite of the album's few uptempo songs, the album does feel slower on average than her last album (I've been describing it as pensive), but as an experience, it really doesn't resemble Adele's work at all. I say this as an Adele fan.

Also, don't forget I Am... Sasha Fierce, where Beyoncé had a full disc dedicated to slower songs. That did release after Adele's 19 (in the same year), but I don't she was inspired in any way by her given Adele's limited international fame until 21.

MANUELF

Banned
Well I, for one, am shocked! Who could have foreseen you coming to this conclusion? Lets all hope that Beyonce can, one day, achieve the vocal and musical heights of Britney Spears. After all, the impoverished nations of the world still use her so she must be doing something right.

Im not judging her quality, Im simply saying that I dont like the álbum or her direction and I like Britney because she makes fun music and I love her videos, if she tried to make an álbum full of slow tempo songs I wouldnt be for it

If it's what you truly want ... I can wear her skin over mine. Her hair over mine. Her hands as gloves. Her teeth as confetti. Her scalp, a cap. Her sternum, my bedazzled cane. We can pose for a photograph, all three of us. Immortalized ... you and your perfect girl.

I don't know when love became elusive. What I know is, no one I know has it. My father's arms around my mother's neck, fruit too ripe to eat. I think of lovers as trees ... growing to and from one another. Searching for the same light.

Why can't you see me? Why can't you see me? Why can't you see me?

Everyone else can.

26AHyMJMqhakj9LAA.gif

MANUELF

Banned
I'm now imagining what an Adele cover album of LEMONADE would sound like.

In spite of the album's few uptempo songs, the album does feel slower on average than her last album (I've been describing it as pensive), but as an experience, it really doesn't resemble Adele's work at all. I say this as an Adele fan.

Also, don't forget I Am... Sasha Fierce, where Beyoncé had a full disc dedicated to slower songs. That did release after Adele's 19 (in the same year), but I don't she was inspired in any way by her given Adele's limited international fame until 21.

Well that was the last álbum of her where I liked more than 1 song, Single Ladies and Halo, everything else was meh

Looking at my watch, he shoulda been home, today I regret the night I put that ring on
He always got them fucking excuses I pray to the Lord you reveal what his truth is

I left a note in the hallway

By the time you read it, I'll be far away.

giphy.gif

So what are you gonna say at my funeral now that you've killed me? Here lies the body of the love of my life, whose heart I broke without a gun to my head. Here lies the mother of my children both living and dead, Rest in peace my true love, who I took for granted, most bomb pussy, who because of me, sleep evaded. Her shroud is loneliness, her God is listening. Her heaven would be a love without betrayal.

Ashes to ashes, dust to side chicks

giphy.gif

the T R U E ARTPOP.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if all of the poetry came from Warsan Shire's work or if some of it was unique to LEMONADE?

I'm surprised at how well it fit everything. It sounded beautiful performed with the music and visuals.

Edit: Doing some quick reading, it seems like some of it must have been original or heavily edited, as Robido's posted quote is mostly a Warsan Shire poem but the part about not being seen is not in that poem. I'm not sure if it was taken from another.

So what are you gonna say at my funeral now that you've killed me? Here lies the body of the love of my life, whose heart I broke without a gun to my head. Here lies the mother of my children both living and dead, Rest in peace my true love, who I took for granted, most bomb pussy, who because of me, sleep evaded. Her shroud is loneliness, her God is listening. Her heaven would be a love without betrayal.

Ashes to ashes, dust to side chicks

giphy.gif

the T R U E ARTPOP.

I died at dust to side chicks lmao.

I think Love Drought is the tipping point that puts Lemonade above Self-Titled for me.

Every time I listen to that track, something new and unexpected shakes my senses. Transcendent.

This album to all our faves:

tumblr_inline_o67beiKLbE1twign1_500.gif

Everytime I come to say this, you always post it before me lol. It's seriously the song that out it above self titled to me. One and done. That song is just so lush and makes me feel light. The beat and the way it lifts higher and higher while she slowly harmonizes higher and higher is jusT.

_______

After listening to it for 48 hours.... I can officially say that Lemonade is her best album. Self titled is second place now.

My favorite songs are

Eternal Bops
Love Drought >>>>>>
6 Inch
Hold Up
Sorry
Daddy Lessons
Formation

Secondary Bops
Pray you Catch me
Don't Hurt Yourself
Forward
Freedom
All Nite

Completely Skippable

Sandcastles..

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Beutifull and with a one of the best soundtracks of all time? Hopefully

SMDLpvd.gif

Blinded by Light >>>>>>>>>
Soundtrack is mostly forgettable for FF standards. Beautiful? The game is mostly tube design and even at that FF12 on an emulator looks better because it has a more solid art direction.

Let me not get into the terrible cast, the automatic self suck combat and the crappy side missions.

llehuty

Soundtrack is mostly forgettable for FF standards. Beautiful? The game is mostly tube design and even at that FF12 on an emulator looks better because it has a more solid art direction.
Huh, there is nothing tube design-y about the master piece FF12. NOTHING

rhandino

Banned

Let me not get into the terrible cast, the automatic self suck combat and the crappy side missions.
While you are almost correct on the last points
I like the cast as a whole
FFXIII still looks incredible pretty most of the time with Lake Bresha, Oerba and everything on Eden being some of the most fascinating locations (visually at least because you can't really explore them T_T)

And the soundtrack is legit amazing so I will not tolerate any kind of drivel against it.

tumblr_inline_ns9kk2hwyI1rn37jn_500.gif

Huh, there is nothing tube design-y about the master piece FF12. NOTHING
To be fair FFXII mas tend to have the Monster Hunter feel, only bigger.

rhandino

Banned
Album: Lemonade

iTunes:
#1 United States
#1 United Kingdom
#1 Antigua and Barbuda
#1 Argentina
#1 Armenia
#1 Australia
#1 Austria
#1 Azerbaijan
#1 Bahrain
#1 Barbados
#1 Belarus
#1 Belgium
#1 Belize
#1 Bermuda
#1 Botswana
#1 Brazil
#1 British Virgin Islands
#1 Bulgaria
#1 Cambodia
#1 Canada
#1 Cape Verde
#1 Cayman Islands
#1 Chile
#1 Colombia
#1 Costa Rica
#1 Cyprus
#1 Czech Republic
#1 Denmark
#1 Dominican Republic
#1 Ecuador
#1 Egypt
#1 Estonia
#1 Finland
#1 France
#1 Gambia
#1 Germany
#1 Ghana
#1 Greece
#1 Grenada
#1 Guatemala
#1 Honduras
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Hungary
#1 India
#1 Indonesia
#1 Ireland
#1 Israel
#1 Italy
#1 Kazakhstan
#1 Kenya
#1 Latvia
#1 Lithuania
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Macau
#1 Malaysia
#1 Malta
#1 Mauritius
#1 Mexico
#1 Moldova
#1 Mozambique
#1 Namibia
#1 Netherlands
#1 New Zealand
#1 Nigeria
#1 Norway
#1 Panama
#1 Paraguay
#1 Peru
#1 Philippines
#1 Poland
#1 Portugal
#1 Romania
#1 Russia
#1 Saint Kitts and Nevis
#1 Saudi Arabia
#1 Singapore
#1 Slovakia
#1 Slovenia
#1 South Africa
#1 Spain
#1 Swaziland
#1 Sweden
#1 Switzerland
#1 Taiwan
#1 Tajikistan
#1 Thailand
#1 The Bahamas
#1 Trinidad and Tobago
#1 Turkey
#1 Uganda
#1 Ukraine
#1 United Arab Emirates
#1 Vietnam
#1 Zimbabwe

And people thought that going the Black Excellence route was going to make her niche. This B*tch and her team knows how to read the trends.

nBrBTXM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom