• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Stay - Zedd ft Alessia Cara

Generic and kind of unremarkable...

itGATfX.jpg

I use T-T

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
DYLYN - Mimosa
Popped up on my new music mix. No idea who she is or if there is other stuff out there but I use

The Powder Room - I Want It Now

This is another Teddy Sinclair song. Cruel Youth is still around and her main group by the sounds of things. This was leaked months ago and I posted before but yeah she released this instead of the Cruel Youth stuff.

I want it now is aight, Birds is really fucking good

Frodo

Still haven't decided if I'll keep my Switch pre-order, and I'm running out of time to do it.

I really want it, but, as it happens in any console launch, it feels like it makes more sense to wait a bit until there is more games to play, or wait for a bundle or a better deal later. I'm not sure I want to spend almost £400 when it is all said and done (Switch + Zelda + Accessories) just to play Zelda. But a new piece of tech is so inviting.

Also, the hate boner train for the Switch seems to be running at full speed atm. For some reason it just makes me more hyped for it.

Buy E.MO.TION SIDE B on iTunes today.

Still haven't decided if I'll keep my Switch pre-order, and I'm running out of time to do it.

I really want it, but, as it happens in any console launch, it feels like it makes more sense to wait a bit until there is more games to play, or wait for a bundle or a better deal later. I'm not sure I want to spend almost £400 when it is all said and done (Switch + Zelda + Accessories) just to play Zelda. But a new piece of tech is so inviting.

Also, the hate boner train for the Switch seems to be running at full speed atm. For some reason it just makes me more hyped for it.

Buy E.MO.TION SIDE B on iTunes today.

How much are you willing to spend? Are you in a position to spare some cash? If so then it shouldn't be that bad to treat yourself from time to time with new tech. Getting new tech is always fun and makes me super excited personally. The way I see it, if I get my switch now tomorrow or whenever, I'll still have the same amount of fun so timing isn't really an issue for me. I say stick with it, might as well... I mean Zelda is the iT game to get. I know I won't be able to last without it and hearing everyone go crazy lol

But ARTPOP on iTunes today.

Frodo

Little Mons†er;231050699 said:
How much are you willing to spend? Are you in a position to spare some cash? If so then it shouldn't be that bad to treat yourself from time to time with new tech. Getting new tech is always fun and makes me super excited personally. The way I see it, if I get my switch now tomorrow or whenever, I'll still have the same amount of fun so timing isn't really an issue for me. I say stick with it, might as well... I mean Zelda is the iT game to get. I know I won't be able to last without it and hearing everyone go crazy lol

But ARTPOP on iTunes today.

I guess that is the problem. I have the money to buy, but I want to be responsible with it and not spend it with a gaming console right when my finances are finally getting back into place after some unexpected circumstances last year (which just makes me want it even more, because I haven't treated myself in ages).

Zelda

MK8D (the goat)

Spla2oon

The first year line up is excellent.

Slow and steady ��

And there is still E3 around the corner.

Frodo

Update: reading my post it just made sense. I ended up cancelling it.

I can't justify spending the money on it now, specially because I barely even have time to play it. I'll wait for a bundle or a better deal later in the year. It is also good to wait in case there are hardware defects in the early batches.

Happy Birthday Flop! hopefully H4ARMONY deliver something good!

I feel like Demi's albums always have one good song and that's it

HadKR8T.gif

Confident is such a bad song and the video makes me laugh

HadKR8T.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

I have to disagree. I liked Cool for the Summer for a few days but it's aged really poorly imo and I can't listen to it now. I just find Semi so embarrassing and the poor girl tries so hard lol. I wish I could scrub that tragic magazine shoot where she exposed her tootsie roll from my memory banks smh.

I have to say I'm not a fan but Selena Gomez has had a few surprising bops though. I'd put her closer to Ariana than Semi on the talent/quality scale.

Love You Like a Love Song

Same Old Love

Good For You

Dnnqx75.gif

Hopefully she collabs with the Weeknd soon. I heard Selena and Abel are already collab'ing non-musically if you catch my drift.
uoE2aGj.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Do you want to talk about the real ARTPOP? 3 years later and I still frequently revisit my favorite album of 2014:

Iamamiwhoami_-_Blue.png

Standouts:

Chasing Kites

Shadowshow

My favorite:

Fountain

This is how you blend art and pop into one of the best albums in recent year. Jonna Lee is amazing, really excited for her new music.

2cbrLpQ.gif

Decarabia

Eh, I don't know. It's certainly not bad and deserving of being a bigger hit than a lot of the garbage that topped the charts that year, but I kinda think her voice is annoying and doesn't fit her or the song.

In other news, I'm probably starting a #PopGAFActivity™ soon, so look forward to that.
It's actually about music and not throwing shade, so also look forward to it flopping.

settledownlqxur.gif

Vazduh

The Powder Room - I Want It Now

This is another Teddy Sinclair song. Cruel Youth is still around and her main group by the sounds of things. This was leaked months ago and I posted before but yeah she released this instead of the Cruel Youth stuff.

But waiT. I kinda like this.

OK, since you're up to date with what's going on with the queen of New Zealand, is this a new project in the sense that it's getting an EP/album or is it just a random single?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
But waiT. I kinda like this.

OK, since you're up to date with what's going on with the queen of New Zealand, is this a new project in the sense that it's getting an EP/album or is it just a random single?

This is separate from Cruel Youth. Apparently the planned release as Cruel Youth got delayed and she dropped I Want It Now which has been leaked for months by now. From what I gathered there is a few songs recorded as Powder Room so an EP is not out of the question but her main project is Cruel youth.
EDIT: Platinum Heart is apparently the name of the delayed single by Cruel Youth which is of a new EP. I believe the group will also start headlining a tour this month or the next one.

On another note lets forget Perfect Illusion overrated Key Change and remember Love On Top instead.

Vazduh

Statements is good, but it's definitely a grower. Not Paper Lights/Euphoria, but it's good enough.

This is separate from Cruel Youth. Apparently the planned release as Cruel Youth got delayed and she dropped I Want It Now which has been leaked for months by now. From what I gathered there is a few songs recorded as Powder Room so an EP is not out of the question but her main project is Cruel youth.
EDIT: Platinum Heart is apparently the name of the delayed single by Cruel Youth which is of a new EP. I believe the group will also start headlining a tour this month or the next one.

So, it's more like a side-project when she feels like it, like a creative outlet. Here for it!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So, it's more like a side-project when she feels like it, like a creative outlet. Here for it!

She mentioned having multiple projects and maybe each project has a different name and direction. So who knows if there is another project out there waiting to be revealed.

On another note lets forget Perfect Illusion overrated Key Change and remember Love On Top instead.

Love on Top is a song that slays entire careers!!

When will Bey ever make music that good again *tears*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom