• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screaming at this

5a8a6c01637cbd5242b760900ad5afb2721a86030c5722f818d1cfea3bc6564e.gif

This is the best.

Yado

The Lorde song sounds mediocre and kind of dated? Like if someone told me it was a random girl group from the UK I'd believe it.

K0vFBON.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i much prefer this cover of dancing on my own to that shit one that plagued the charts a few months ago

The Flop

Banned
Little Mons†er;231373375 said:
Don't forget Marshel with ha constant Katy dragging! Slay sis

Well I'm annoyed that I won't be able to play my Switch until April now but it's good to know it'll be waiting for me when I go home

SY44kom.gif

Sell it on Ebay for a profit, and buy it in April at reg price.

Decarabia

The time has finally come to listen to the community's favorite songs for the week. Thanks to 52 handsome voters, the following were chosen:
Love - Lana del Rey
Chained to the Rhythm - Katy Perry
I Don't - Mariah Carey
80's Mercedes - Maren Morris
Casanova - Allie X
Frontline - Gavin Turek
Judas - Banks
Rebel Heart - Madonna
The Jump Off - Lil' Kim
A Lonely Night - The Weeknd*
Just Another Day - Lady Gaga
Problem - Natalia Kills
Come to Mama - Lady Gaga
Chimera - HANA
Graffiti My Soul - Girls Aloud
Ciao Adios - Anne-Marie
Commander - Kelly Rowland ft. David Guetta
Shether - Remy Ma
Slide - Calvin Harris feat. Frank Ocean and Migos**
Fallen Star - LaToiya Williams***
I Feel It Coming - The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk*
Hot as Ice - Britney Spears
Butterfly - Grimes
Stay - Zedd ft. Alessia Cara
Brooklyn Nights - Lady Gaga***
Express Yourself - Madonna
Avalanche - HANA
Joyride - TLC****
Chase Your Bliss - Mammals*
Bye Bye Bye - N'Sync
Paris - The Chainsmokers
Don't Play That Song - Aretha Franklin
Often - Abhi//Dijon
Say Love - Julian Jordan
Magic - Seohyun
Kiss Them for Me - Siouxsie & the Banshees
So Special - Muna
Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) - Britney Spears
Glassheart - Leona Lewis
Chearleader - Omi
Yes - Demi Lovato

*On Youtube, only live version available
**Not available on Youtube
***Not available on Spotify
****Not available on either Spotify or Youtube
To make sure every vote mattered (America take notes), songs chosen more than once took the top spot in the playlist, while all the others were randomized.

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
YOUTUBE PLAYLIST

Once you've
hopefully
listened to every song, and decide which is your favorite, cast your vote and help determine which is PopGAF's first Bop of the Week.
VOTE HERE

Decarabia

This week, the extra question asked: What was the elusive Touchback's true identity? The results were as follows:

hfpp2Ic.png

While, early on, a lot of voters labeled this poster as a mess, in the end, around 50% agreed they were unaware of his existence. Sadly, it's clear this is a member this comm won't remember.

However, even though every option had its following, a few voters prefered to share their own thoughts on the matter:
a legend like ha fave
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... ask Vazduh
Remember when Touchdown stole some hot guys' identity and catfished POPGAF? LMAOOOO
Catfish, like his first one.
Frankie Grande's Double Dildo Bottom pal.

Do you agree with the results?

This week, the extra question asked: What was the elusive Touchback's true identity? The results were as follows:

hfpp2Ic.png

While, early on, a lot of voters labeled this poster as a mess, in the end, around 50% agreed they were unaware of his existence. Sadly, it's clear this is a member this comm won't remember.

However, even though every option had its following, a few voters prefered to share their own thoughts on the matter:

Do you agree with the results?
Wow. Let me file all of this information into my dossier. I will call it....satchwasright.zip

botty

Banned
Looks to me like stanning for Mariah is just not good for your account... can you name a Mariah stan that hasn't had something taken away from them?

vUTJV4K.gif

DOWN

Banned
I like Green Light the more I repeat it

But I wonder... Lorde was close with Taylor during the 1989 launch. And Green Light strikes me as decidedly Pop moreso than the darker and more hip hop tinged Pure... Do you think Lorde may have taken a step closer to radio bright pop thanks to Taylor's push into it?

Either way, I love the sound of Green Light and looking forward to what Lorde called "cathedral Pop" on her album.

Bladenic

Jack Antonoff co-produced Green Light. No wonder the production slays so hard, Jack is a force of nature TBH. Lena Dunham won.

Aww the new lorde is cuTE! Not incredible, but I appreciate ha serving a different sound from the other flops atm. My slight intoxication may be enhancing the experience, but I had it on repeat in my uber and it just worked
this may change during the harsh light of tomorrow
. I agree with the consensus that the pre chorus is the tea. Well done hunny!

BrasileirinhasaGretchen.gif

I like POOR Grimes.

whiskeysailor is pretty alright too.

Thanks sis! <3
You have the most flawless taste in pop quens!
But I do agrih, POOR Grimes serves a different dimension of iconic messiness. I stan.

DOWN

Banned
Katy's mid career crisis is visually aging her looks

She thought the blonde was her pulling a Prime Gwen Stefani but it was actually a Hillary Clinton

Like she thinks she's pulling a Miley but is actually pulling a 2017 Annie Lennox

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched the "Green Light" video and heard it for the first time. It's...okay? The vocals combined with the production create something catchy. I'm sure it'll have some radio success. But I think the chorus could have used someone with a bigger voice. It relies on the production to build, and I think someone with a more powerful voice (especially across a bigger range) could have grown the impact of the chorus and sold it more.

Iggy Azalea - Can't Lose

I'll let ya'll do the comments.

EDIT: Katy Serving Miley

Vid

I legit wasn't sure if that first picture was of Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus.

rhandino

Banned
Bought Breath of the Wild for Wii U because didnt managed to get a Switch and I NEED my Zelda fix the same way Garret needs Born this W(g)ay Gaga

9Qewu5H.gif

Pray 4 me plz

Mau ®

I bought the Wii U version for my girlfriend as a bday present. Games are so fucking expensive these days. Who can keep up that kind of hobby these days smh.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;231391873 said:
I bought the Wii U version for my girlfriend as a bday present. Games are so fucking expensive these days. Who can keep up that kind of hobby these days smh.

PC gamers
K0vFBON.gif

The Flop

Banned
Mau ®;231391873 said:

People with a career.

Neptune

Lorde came... and went. I listened to the song twice, and 30 minutes later I couldn't hum any part of it even if you put a gun to my head. I keep thinking of "Green Light" by Beyoncé instead.

tumblr_me4a4pkx1w1qazkdco1_500.gif

I enjoyed Pure Heroine though, so I'm not giving up just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom