• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potentially major spoiler for CREED (Rocky sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has cancer, it seems.

Back in December, Stallone tweeted a picture of the script.

Flipped around and cleared up:
VVAmkIT.jpg

ROCKY
Listen to em’.

STADIUM ATTENDEES
CREED… CREED… CREED… CREED

Adonis looks around the stadium [illegible] the standing ovation.

EXT. PHILADELPHIA MUSEUM STEPS: SUNRISE – ONE WEEK LATER

The long flight of stairs as Rocky’s van pulls up. Adonis and Bianca hop out, dressed in street clothes. Small white bandages on his face cover [illegible] wounds. He opens the passenger door and helps Rocky, who [illegible] a gray sweat suit, and black beanie. he is slower and [illegible] thinner – he has started the chemo treatments again.

Rocky balances himself with [illegible] left hand on Adonis’ right shoulder. They stand at [illegible] the steps. Rocky takes a deep breath. One step at [illegible]

Yesterday, the official synopsis was released and it seems to confirm this?:
Adonis Johnson (Jordan) never knew his famous father, world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed, who died before he was born. Still, there’s no denying that boxing is in his blood, so Adonis heads to Philadelphia, the site of Apollo Creed’s legendary match with a tough upstart named Rocky Balboa.

Once in the City of Brotherly Love, Adonis tracks Rocky (Stallone) down and asks him to be his trainer. Despite his insistence that he is out of the fight game for good, Rocky sees in Adonis the strength and determination he had known in Apollo—the fierce rival who became his closest friend. Agreeing to take him on, Rocky trains the young fighter, even as the former champ is battling an opponent more deadly than any he faced in the ring.

With Rocky in his corner, it isn’t long before Adonis gets his own shot at the title…but can he develop not only the drive but also the heart of a true fighter, in time to get into the ring?

Anyway, the movie is filming in Philadelphia now. Here is Adonis Creed and Rocky outside of Rocky's restaurant last week:

(sorry if old. it's tough to search 'Creed' on GAF and not be drowned in assassin's creed threads)

Fury451

Banned
Seems unnecessary if it's just to create added drama, but Rocky Balboa and Rambo were good, so this may factor into the story better than I'm thinking.

I like the concept of this film too.

This is from the filmmaker who made Fruitvale Station, which is an unbelievably good film that also stars Michael B. Jordan... I think this one might be one to watch out for, guys.

Jarnet87

I know that Rocky being able to survive being dealt a bad hand and tough times is the point, but it's kind of silly at this point all the crap Stallone has thrown at the character lol. Mickey dies, Apollo dies, he goes broke, Adrian dies, now cancer.

Mendrox

I know that Rocky being able to survive being dealt a bad hand and tough times is the point, but it's kind of silly at this point all the crap Stallone has thrown at the character lol. Mickey dies, Apollo dies, he goes broke, Adrian dies, now cancer.

Brain damage... That men is so stupid that he doesn't even notice how much pain he has to endure. Fascinating, but I love Rocky :) Looks really good, but why cancer? :-/ He really endured too much in these movies...way too much.

This is from the filmmaker who made Fruitvale Station, which is an unbelievably good film that also stars Michael B. Jordan... I think this one might be one to watch out for, guys.

Yup, this is why I'm very excited for Creed.

Jordan as Creed's son was a fantastic casting decision.

Wiktor

I've enjoyed all his movies since Rocky 6, even that escape flick with Arnold. So I'm game for anything he does now.

bryanee

Looking forward to it. I wrote Balboa off before it came out so I wont do the same again.

Also, is he wearing Adrians glasses?

jett

D-Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom