• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potentially major spoiler for CREED (Rocky sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lantisearth

Neo Member
Brain damage... That men is so stupid that he doesn't even notice how much pain he has to endure. Fascinating, but I love Rocky :) Looks really good, but why cancer? :-/ He really endured too much in these movies...way too much.

Why does he have to be so depressing? Lost his wealth, wife, kid hates/hated him, and now cancer. Dude can't catch a break.

“Life's not about how hard of a hit you can give... it's about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.”

RC

Banned
Still think this is completely unesscary. Rocky Balboa was the perfect end to the series.

Please be good.

Speevy

Banned
Rocky, Adrian, Paulie, Apollo, and Mickey appear in the sky at the end.

Hell if I know who's looking up at them.

inm8num2

Rocky, Adrian, Paulie, Apollo, and Mickey appear in the sky at the end.

Hell if I know who's looking up at them.

Yp4Ge6T.png

A boxer who grew up near me in Liverpool called Tony Bellew is the bad guy in this. I'm really happy for Tony and hope it's a good film. He is definitely a guy with more than a bit of presence and charisma. Michael B Jordan is awesome as well.

I like the director, I like Jordan with that director, the concept is good, and it's just distanced enough from rocky that it can potentially feel like it's own thing.

I have high hopes for this, and I learned it existed only recently.

norm9

Looking forward to this. Been a big fan of Sly's second act with Rocky, Rambo, Bullet to the Head, the first Expendables, and Escape Plan.

pulsemyne

A boxer who grew up near me in Liverpool called Tony Bellew is the bad guy in this. I'm really happy for Tony and hope it's a good film. He is definitely a guy with more than a bit of presence and charisma. Michael B Jordan is awesome as well.
I wonder if Bellew will call him "A fucking dirty rat" like he did to Cleverly. Would be funny.

Carbonox

This reminds me I need to do my annual Rocky marathon.

Will watch Creed but I'd have preferred if they left him alone after the last film and let him retire peacefully.

His likely death in Creed would probably give me legit teary eyes tho. rawky pls dont go.

Alucard

Banned
Rocky...7? Why are they doing this? :( Rocky Balboa was a perfect sendoff. Although I suppose this is technically an offshoot/side story.

This reminds me I need to do my annual Rocky marathon.

Will watch Creed but I'd have preferred if they left him alone after the last film and let him retire peacefully.

His likely death in Creed would probably give me legit teary eyes tho. rawky pls dont go.

He probably won't die in the movie as that script page seems like the end of the film, but if they make a sequel to Creed, he'd probably not be there. And Adonis would be like, *shrug* "He died." directly to the camera.

Toothless

Holy shit, so much negativity here. Coogler went to WB with this idea completely on his own; this isn't a franchise job. Considering the quality of Fruitvale, this has the potential to be something special, maybe even an Oscar contender. A very likely candidate for the most quality sequel this year.

So Apollo's wife was pregnant when Drago ended him? Even still that would make his son about 30. Seems a bit old to be trying to take up boxing.

So Apollo's wife was pregnant when Drago ended him? Even still that would make his son about 30. Seems a bit old to be trying to take up boxing.

It makes him very old by boxing standards.

By 30, boxers have at least a decade or more of boxing experience under there belt (amateurs, golden gloves, Olympics).

DeadTrees

Apollo, um, hmm, oh I know, he had his sperm frozen before the Drago fight, because he had secret doubts and shit. "Bet this place feels familiar, huh, huh?" - Sly, during the obligatory meat-punching scene inside a walk-in freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom