• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PR] Ace Combat 5 Fast Fact No. 3: Radio Chatter

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Throughout Namco Hometek Inc.'s Ace Combat?5: The Unsung War, launching this October exclusively for the PlayStation2, players will hear constant combat radio chatter from allied pilots, enemy fighters and ground forces while in the cockpit.

Did you know:

* Approximately 14 hours of dialogue was recorded for Ace Combat 5 -- nearly eight times the amount recorded for Ace Combat04!
* In addition to Ace Combat 5's ongoing radio chatter, players encounter Yes/No questions about their interaction with their wingmen and other characters around them. On several occasions, the player's Yes/No responses will affect certain outcomes in the progression of the story and upcoming missions.
* Examples of radio chatter lingo heard while playing Ace Combat 5 include:
o Wilco: Will comply with command
o Bingo: Out of fuel
o Nugget: Rookie
o Bogey/Bandit: A "bogey" is an unidentified aircraft that is potentially hostile. Once the aircraft is positively identified as hostile, it becomes a "bandit."
o Pickle: To drop a bomb or external fuel tank
o Shack on the target: Bulls-eye; your weapon has hit the target
o Fox Two: Firing a heat-seeking missile

Keep a look out for another Ace Combat 5 fast fact coming your way next week.

Prospero

Wario64 said:
Did you know:
o Fox Two: Firing a heat-seeking missile

So that's what that meant in AC04. The other pilots yelled it so often that I just tuned it out after a while.

"Dammit I'm not going home in a body bag!"

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Approximately 14 hours of dialogue was recorded for Ace Combat 5 -- nearly eight times the amount recorded for Ace Combat04!
* In addition to Ace Combat 5's ongoing radio chatter, players encounter Yes/No questions about their interaction with their wingmen and other characters around them. On several occasions, the player's Yes/No responses will affect certain outcomes in the progression of the story and upcoming missions.
Impressive.

doncale

Banned
good to hear. although I loved the radio chatter in AC4, it got pretty repetitive after awhile, and this is a game I play alot. looking forward to AC5 :D

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Prospero said:
So that's what that meant in AC04. The other pilots yelled it so often that I just tuned it out after a while.

"Dammit I'm not going home in a body bag!"

Hey I could have told you that. ;) The radio chatter in AC4 was good this sounds... AWESOME.

The fox jargon is a bit mumbled depending on who tells you... some say two is just for heat seeking... I've always been told that the that Fox One, Two and Three coincide with the type of launch be it a Sparrow, Sidewinder, or Phoenix missiles(which IIRC are short, long and VERY long range missiles respectively), others claim it's just for counting the # of missiles launched.

Top Bottom