• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PR] Majesco's BloodRayne Stars in MTV2's New Series Video Mods

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
EDISON, NJ, August 23, 2004 - Video games and music videos unite, as Majesco (OTC BB: MJSH), a leading publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products, today announced its popular BloodRayne video game character will be featured on a premiere episode of MTV2's new series "Video Mods." Scheduled to air September 18, the episode showcases Evanescence's "Everybody's Fool" video, recreated with characters from Majesco's forthcoming BloodRayne 2 video game sequel.

MTV2's "Video Mods" debuts on September 18 at 9:30 pm EST (6:30 pm PST) and highlights some of today's most popular video game characters as they perform videos by artists of all genres, including Lil' Jon, Black Eyed Peas, New Found Glory and others. Each video will be transformed by adapting the music video to utilize a unique video game environment and feature characters from one or a variety of video games.

"Having BloodRayne as one of the premiere 'performers' in MTV2's 'Video Mods' show is a testament to her popularity and appeal," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing, Majesco. "We are thrilled to see BloodRayne star in a music video and we applaud MTV2's creative blending of entertainment mediums and properties."

About BloodRayne

Majesco's popular action-horror video game series features the sexy, supernatural BloodRayne, the most deliciously wicked action heroine ever to grace a console game. This October, Rayne is challenged with her most personal battle yet in BloodRayne 2, for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft, Sony PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, and PC. More information can be found at http://www.bloodrayne2.com and in the September issue of Play magazine.

MTV2 "Video Mods" is produced by Tony Shiff and Big Bear Entertainment. For complete information on MTV2 "Video Mods" visit www.MTV2.com.

About MTV2

Last year was the most watched year in MTV2 history, and Q1 2004 was the highest rated quarter in channel history among both total viewers (P2+) and P12-34. In addition, April 2004 was the highest rated month in channel history among P12-34. Now reaching more than 60 million homes, MTV2 is the 24-hour music network with an emphasis on showcasing new music, breaking artists, and interactivity. MTV2's adventurous programming mix reflects its commitment to providing fans access to the music and artists they love through 24-hours of music videos and a variety of genre music video shows including: hip-hop, rock, and soul.

MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), owns and operates the following television programming services -- MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION, MTV2, mtvU, VHI, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, NOGGIN, MTV INTERNATIONAL and THE DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of 12 digital services, all of which are trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks also has licensing agreements, joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby all of its programming services can be seen worldwide.

About Majesco

Majesco Holdings Inc. (OTC BB: MJSH), operating through its wholly owned subsidiary, Majesco Sales Inc., is a leading developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft, Sony PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, and Nintendo GameCube and Game Boy Advance systems, as well as the personal computer. The Company's 2004 lineup includes BloodRayne 2, the sequel to its popular action/horror series, and its Game Boy Advance Video product line which utilizes the Company's proprietary video compression technology to enable consumers to view commercial-grade video on a standard Nintendo Game Boy Advance system. Advent Rising, the first in a trilogy of action/adventure games, will ship to stores in 2005. More information about our Company can be found online at www.majescogames.com.

A clip of it was posted in the "You Have Bad Taste In Music" thread in the off topic forum. It's pretty bad to say the least. :p I want Bloodrayne 2 but that certainly didn't boost my interest.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
SolidSnakex said:
A clip of it was posted in the "You Have Bad Taste In Music" thread in the off topic forum. It's pretty bad to say the least. :p I want Bloodrayne 2 but that certainly didn't boost my interest.

Ah, but it will boost the interest of the millions of people with bad taste in music.

FoneBone

Stupefyingly awful.

EDIT: Not just the BloodRayne thing, I mean. The whole "singing game characters" idea is fucking retarded.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was the funniest thing I've seen all day.

I would like this idea more if they used the music from the games in the videos. A Silent Hill music video would have to be awesome. :D

BuddyC

sadga3.gif

Top Bottom