• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

prime day

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Dont need anything. I still want the Elden Ring Vol 2 guide but its been sold out.

T8SC

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
I only bought some of my essentials that were on sale. Stuff I usually buy regularly like protein powder, electric toothbrush heads, skin care products, etc

There was/is a good sale on Apple AirPods Max for $400 (from $550 I believe) which I wanted badly but will probably pass on cause they are still too expensive for me. I can’t have an in ear solution like the normal AirPods because of an ear issue. I really miss music though as well as being able to watch YouTube videos when I do my cardio at the gym. Hoping next iterations of Apple’s over the ear noise cancelling headphones will be more affordable but who am I kidding.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Some cords for my extension cords I have been wanting, some paint brushes, and a laser level. Wife got a bunch of stuff too

Spyxos

Gold Member
Just like every Prime Day, I look at the website for a while and see a bunch of crap I don't need at 20% off and just close the tab. It's too overwhelming, IMO.

I can't even think of what I would buy.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Mistake

Even if you want to find deals, you have to trudge through so much crap to find it. That being said, I nabbed some airpods and camping stuff at a good price

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Might dive into the boardgame section, would be cool to have a new one to play with the lads.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Honestly can't think of anything I've needed from Amazon for several years now. I'm open to suggestions I guess.

Tams

Got an air fryer for my mum's birthday (she only appreciates practical things, except for flowers).

Then just random car accessories.

After accounting for the price hikes they do just before, I saved a out £20 on a £250 order.

But I'm not really bothered as there isn't really any profit left to suck from most stuff anyway. So only Amazon's own stuff and clearance stuff really goes on sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
gs7a1bH.jpeg

Got a new Roomba, an 8bitdo controller, and some extra security cameras.
That looks to be the same controller I have, it's easily the best one I've ever owned.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I never buy in previous years, but my wife and i went ham this time.

Weve had a lot of stuff in “save for later” just waiting to go on sale. Helped us weed through the bs and avoid impulse purchases too.

daffyduck

About the only decent things this year are the discounted 3 month Prime Video 3rd party channels.

Even the BD/DVD deals aren’t great, and they’re making them harder to sort through.

Power Pro

I got a 1.5tb micro SD card for my switch during prime day for $83. Most of my collection is physical, but I was still constantly deleting stuff with my 512gb card. Certain games having massive downloads, or only available via download, so now I can maybe fit everything on it now for a while :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Esca

I picked up some DND 5e books, Oppenheimer 4k, and hungry hungry hippos (Christmas present for nephews, rest for me lol)

Just like every Prime Day, I look at the website for a while and see a bunch of crap I don't need at 20% off and just close the tab. It's too overwhelming, IMO.

I can't even think of what I would buy.
Pro-tip for next prime day:

1) Save things that you’re interested in to your wish list over time.

2) Open your wish list months later on the next prime day and click on the button that says ‘deals’.

3) No more clutter full of random sales, and it will show which specific items have prime day deals on everything you’ve wishlisted.

Last edited:

Valonquar

Canceled Prime entirely a while back when they cash grabbed for more money after adding commercials to paid plans. Black Friday in July , August, September, October, AND November is getting a bit much.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Any recommendations?

Usually we play exploding/zombie kittens, Uno, Rummy-O, Cluedo, What Do You Meme, probably a few others as well.
If you are into easy to learn and "simple" games like those, I'd recommend Virus! and Cheating Moth. Those are great for short games and they are very fun.

Top Bottom