• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 Import |OT| More tightly wound, harder balls

A0UH7DQl.jpg

Publisher: Konami
Developer: Konami
Japanese Name: プロ野球スピリッツ2013 (Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2013)
Platforms & Retail Price: PS3 ¥7980 | PS Vita ¥6980 | PSP ¥3980
Genre: Sports
JPN Release Date: March 20, 2013
US/EU Date: Don't get your hopes up
Official Site: http://www.konami.jp/prospi/2013

Where to buy

Import Friendliness

New features

• Improved feeling of hitting and pitching.
    Swing form that changes depending on the hitting position that improves the feeling of hitting greatly.
    Made pitching even more realistic, such as a better control when pitching to the corners.
    Improved new replay camera creates a 'Live game' feeling
  • Updated 2013 player rosters
    Including rookies who excited people this summer, major leaguers who came to Japan, veterans who returned to the old nests etc.
    Surprising big transfers are included too.
  • Become Japan's no 1 team as a GM!
    New "management mode" (only on PS3, PSV)
    New easy but realistic team managing simulation.
    Recruit, manage equipment, development, sales etc, running a team needs capable secretary skills.
    As a GM of a new team, you will give orders to your secretary, manager, and coach. Try for Japan's no 1 by winning the games.
  • New Bullpen system
    Get your relief pitchers ready in the bullpen, to build up their ability
    Watch the game situation and put relief pitchers in the bullpen
    The timing to put pitchers in the bullpen is important
    Get a victory from good bench work
  • New commentators
    Mitsuhashi for play-by-play, Komiyama & Nishi as analysts
    New live prediction commentary
    More varied live comments and explanations make the game more exciting

Reviews

• Famitsu (PS3) - 9/9/9/9 (36/40)
  • Famitsu (PSV) - 9/9/9/8 (35/40)
  • Famitsu (PSP) - 8/8/7/7 (30/40)

Videos

Screenshots

XyIWceR.gif
MwnLvq7.gif

When does Take 2's exclusive MLB license expire? I sort of wonder if Konami will ever look into localizing these games at some point?

linkboy

When does Take 2's exclusive MLB license expire? I sort of wonder if Konami will ever look into localizing these games at some point?

It should be expiring soon. However, I doubt that Konami would bring these over to the states.

I would love to see them attempt to make a MLB game using this engine though, game looks good (much better than 2k's game).

Torgo

I skipped the last 2 years, but this looks fantastic!

It's a pretty different game than MLB The Show, but at the end of the day, it's Baseball.

This series is really fantastic though, and I still play 2010 a lot. If you can deal with having to wait for a translation etc, it's a blast to play.

Deeku

Oh my gooooood, I can't believe this thread exists!!:OOO

My vita copy shipped yesterday so should get it soon.

Boy what a hive of activity!

I've been playing and it's great, harder than last year though!
Have finished up some menu translations as well so check them out here.

Dunan

Can you make your own team, design its uniforms, that kind of thing?

I played Pro Yakyū Spirits 5 back in 2006 (?) or so but would love to give it another shot. My team, the Hanshin Tigers, aren't quite as good as they were then, so I'd like to design my own team.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I bought the Vita version last year, it's amazing but I wonder if the framerate got better on the tv shots in this version. Bullpen sounds good too.

wEEman33

Neo Member
Here is the first American review I have been able to find:

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/707/pro-yakyuu-spirits-2013/

Looks like they gave it a 9 out of 10, which is the same score they gave MLB 13 The Show.

Definitely looks like it would be worth checking out if you are a sports fan. I see that the Vita version goes for about $70 on Play Asia and NCSX.

I bought the Vita version last year, it's amazing but I wonder if the framerate got better on the tv shots in this version. Bullpen sounds good too.

From the review, it says the Vita version framerate is around 30 FPS, though it dips lower than that once the ball is in play.

Zep

Banned
Anyone that lives in Japan have pro spirits 6? The one with the WBC mode. I wanna see how it plays online compared to MLB 13 the show.

Deeku

From the review, it says the Vita version framerate is around 30 FPS, though it dips lower than that once the ball is in play.
Ehhh that sounds pretty different to what I'm experiencing... the only time the framerate is dodgy is during out of play cutscenes, which I'm fine with since I skip them anyway. During play it's pretty damn smooth, like on par with ps3 smooth!
Anyone that lives in Japan have pro spirits 6? The one with the WBC mode. I wanna see how it plays online compared to MLB 13 the show.
My online experience with the series has been ok. Connections would get a bit dodgy at times (I was in Australia) and would usually screw up your fielding which can be annoying. Batting and pitching though is mostly smooth.

Anyone been playing this on the Vita? I've never played the series, but the youtube videos I've been watching make it look quite amazing. I've been playing The Show on Vita, and while I enjoy it...I keep going back to those Pro Spirits youtube videos. Very tempted...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anyone been playing this on the Vita? I've never played the series, but the youtube videos I've been watching make it look quite amazing. I've been playing The Show on Vita, and while I enjoy it...I keep going back to those Pro Spirits youtube videos. Very tempted...
It's worth it if you really love your baseball games...you just have to put in a little effort in learning what all the menus and systems do. Prospirittranslation.com is the place for that. The batting and pitching systems are my favorite of anything I've played.

mattiewheels

Please tell me Konami's making a PS4 version of '14...The Show is coming to PS4 next year, I'd hate for a game this great to not make it to next gen.

Top Bottom