• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D(s) |OT|

As others have said, it's competent and plays like Pro Evo, but I really hate the default viewing mode. Vertical wide is tits though!

I am currently wading through master league trying to level up my streetpass team ahead of the 3DS meetup weekend. I got traded some promising youngsters - is it 100% confirmed that players will never develop? I'm sure some of my players have gotten better since last season....

I found the 3D effect very overpowering at anything over about 20% intensity - it does add a really nice depth effect on the pitch though, which is useful for judging pass distances. I'd agree with the comments above about just playing it in 2D though, as it is too easy for the display to get blurry if you move your head a fraction off-centre to the screen.

Overall, it's probably the game I've played most on the 3DS and well worth it if you've ever enjoyed any of the Pro Evo franchise. A little more information on how the master league works would have been nice, but as it is, there's a lot of enjoyment there.

I've been considering buying this as it's come down in price quite a bit in most places, but there a few things I was curious about and it would be really appreciated if anyone could clear them up for me:

- I've read that there's no more default squad of players (Espimas, Castolo etc) in the Master League and no editing. Also apparently it's tough to buy players. Any of this true?

- What about the issue of players not aging? Do their stats increase etc?

- Is it true there's no league/cup option, just ML and Champions League?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
How the fuck am I supposed to do a super cancel and other complex moves with the shit 3DS control? I think there is a decent game in here, but the 3DS wasn't designed to control a game like this, I need a real controller. Also, the analog is a piece of shit, you never know to which direction you are aiming since it always feels like the same, these isn't any tactil feedback. Sometimes you think you are aiming left, but you are aiming in a diagonal, horrible sensation. Also, no team uniform editor? No training mode? Gameplay engine from the 2007 version, but with less features? No option to play a tournament with international teams? This game is a huge dissappointment. Waste of fucking $30.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
No option files....

Dammit Konami, I am trying so hard to warm up to the game, but you just did such a poor job. Still, I don't trust FIFA 12 will play better.

Top Bottom