• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prometheus story is really good, they just don´t put it in the movie

Chozoldman

Banned
Prometheus is not a good film.
sassy emo GIF by Leroy Patterson

Chozoldman

Banned
I liked Prometheus, and hope we get a 3rd sequel (which would probably end with the original space ship crashing on LV-426, full of David’s eggs)
It is a great movie with some minor character missteps and obviously poor choices made in editing to try and make it more obtuse.

They had an amazing idea here, and began exploring it, but seemed to pull back to increase the "mystery".

A vast majority of the movie works great, but people like to point out the "running from the ship" scene and the map maker getting lost to dismiss the entire production.

Toots

Gold Member
So good you'll cut your own dick off :messenger_tears_of_joy:

OP i can't watch your video i'm at work, but is it the totally different script with the human stranded by a planetary storm on an engineer world ?
If so yes it's better than the movie Ridley Scott shat.

Ulysses 31

Gold Member
I liked Prometheus, and hope we get a 3rd sequel (which would probably end with the original space ship crashing on LV-426, full of David’s eggs)
Without time travel, how would that ever be possible? The Jockey in Alien was fossilised which implies over a 1000 years at least.

iu

Last edited:
Ridley went on to produce Raised by Wolves, which is basically a second take on the Alien prequels. Hilariously, it was cancelled exactly where Alien Covenant ended.

I know some other dude actually wrote the show but the story is 100% Alien prequels: extended edition. It's a fantastic deep dive into the concepts Ridely loves and never got enough screen time in the movies.

Gp1

It would be a good movie if they didn't invest in all the cross media bullshit.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Prometheus absolutely nails the sense of foreboding, there is a very interesting story here and the idea of aliens cultivating humans is deeply fascinating and works well as an alien origin story.

But, for all its feel and vibe, the movie misses too many important things and stumbled over itself. I still like it, but it could and should have been so much more.

Ridley went on to produce Raised by Wolves, which is basically a second take on the Alien prequels. Hilariously, it was cancelled exactly where Alien Covenant ended.

I know some other dude actually wrote the show but the story is 100% Alien prequels: extended edition. It's a fantastic deep dive into the concepts Ridely loves and never got enough screen time in the movies.
Had no idea - now I’m going to give it a watch

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Prometheus - looked very nice, story was utter trash.

The Ridley Scott who crafted Alien would look at Prometheus and shudder.

Scott is yet another director, like Snyder, Waititi, etc, in dire fucking need of some creative oversight.

CGNoire

Lore only makes lovecraftian stories worse and defeats the whole point.
A prequel was a bad idea in the first place and they should have kept the Elephantine Space Jockey design. Also would have been more appropriate if they found that there species had been dead for a millenium before finding them only further preventing them from finding any fullfilling answers.

Last edited:

Ionian

I really liked prometheus despite its flaws. Covenant was the first film I ever said "oh for fucks sake!" loudly in a cinema. Don't even remember what scene as the film itself was an insult to the franchise. Was all over the place. At least the dumb bits in prometheus were fun, covenant were insultinglly bad.

Unpopular take, Alien3 is an amazing movie.
I’ve watched it almost as much as Aliens and more than Alien.
I really like that film too. If they'd allowed the director to make the film he wanted to it could have been even better. Either way, it doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
They were probably scared of the Christian references.

Sigourney once said she was supposed to be nude in the first Alien. According to her they changed it because of the potencial religious audience. Movie was also made by Ridley Scott, just like Prometheus. It was already R rated, so technically it would have made very little difference at the theater level.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

The movie was really good. However, some people really hate it and it's impossible to discuss it with these folks in an intelligent manner.

Alien 3 the Assembly Cut rocks, too.

Top 6 Alien movies:

1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien 3 Assembly Cut
4. Prometheus
5. Alien Covenant (essentially "Prometheus 2")
Bonus: Alien 4 (if you think about it as an Alien comic book adaption)

Top Bottom