• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prosecutors: Sleeping West Seattle man woke to find woman raping him

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Prosecutors-Sleeping-West-Seattle-man-woke-to-5749225.php

A 28-year-old woman accused of breaking into a West Seattle man’s home and forcing herself on him as he slept has been charged with rape.

Filing the charge earlier in September, King County prosecutors claim Chantae Gilman sexually assaulted her neighbor during a night break-in more than a year ago. Police claim a recently completed DNA test tied Gilman to the rape.

The man told police he’d gone to sleep following a party only to wake to find Gilman on top, pinning him down as she had sex with him, a Seattle Police Department detective said in charging papers. The man didn’t know the woman but recognized her as a “drug user in the area,” the detective continued.

The man demanded Gilman get off of him, but she refused and told him to be quiet, the detective said. According to charging papers, he was able to work his way out from under the 240-pound woman and push her out of the apartment.

Staff at Harborview Medical Center performed a sexual assault examination on the man later in the day. DNA collected then is said to match Gilman.

Interviewed by police, Gilman said she didn’t remember having sex with the man or being in his home. She described herself as mentally ill.

Gilman was charged Monday with second-degree rape. A warrant for her arrest has been issued.

it would be traumatizing beyond belief to have the confusing moments after you wake up turn into the realization that you're being raped...

Volimar

it would be traumatizing beyond belief to have the confusing moments after you wake up turn into the realization that you're being raped...

And if that's not bad enough, it was a local drug user. Dude is probably gonna have to get himself tested for every STI seven times before feeling safe from infection...

Disgusting.

Her facebook is still up. Her last update claims she is 2 months sober and like 8 months pregnant (August 5th).

Wow. That kid is probably so fucked up already, he's not gonna have much of a chance. I wonder what all she uses/used.

I was mentally high fiving the guy until I read that line.

So you're saying rape is cool as long as the rapist is thin/attractive?!

Interviewed by police, Gilman said she didn’t remember having sex with the man or being in his home. She described herself as mentally ill.
I'm guessing unless a doctor backs that up her self deceleration doesn't mean squat.
I assume being high on whatever drugs she takes isn't a defence either, in the same way being drunk is no defence.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Really? That isn't all that heavy.

I'm surprised this isn't being downplayed. Whenever a woman rapes a man, it's not given much attention.
This story made international news. It's a highly unusual case, to say the least.

240 is all that heavy. You can trust me on that one.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
450297-fd7ad5e8-3c2e-11e4-bf5a-0352721e6660.jpg

This is a horrible crime, the sense of security that's broken after being violated in your own house is nothing less than traumatic. She should get the full letter of the law that could be applied to her crime and he should get all the support that he needs.

Rape is heinous, heinous crime.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I was mentally high fiving the guy until I read that line.

Someone needs to make a graph. The horizontal axis can be "weight of attacker" and the verical axis can be "how o.k it is for them to rape someone".

So, did he have an erection in his sleep, or something? I'm not saying this isn't awful, but I've never heard of a man being raped by a woman as he slept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom