• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Extra and Premium to lose Horizon Forbidden West & 11 more games in September

Draugoth

Gold Member

Full list of games leaving PS Plus Extra and Premium in September 2024​

ce19f338a56f6777f12baecbe89a2a7c391a_1216xt.jpg

The list of games leaving PS Plus Extra and Premium in September 2024 includes:

Damn! I planned to try some of those.
Will probably try Alien Isolation before it's gone. Already have star ocean the divine force and nier automata in my backlog. Was hoping to get to some of these others after.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
This is the problem with dumping 20 Star Ocean games at once on a sub. No one is playing all that in a row. At most you're playing 2 Star Ocean games a year. So it's basically a wasted addition, purely because of their inability to stagger it out a bit.

Also removing 1st party games is definitely eyebrow raising. Back in the Disney vault I guess.

Last edited:
Forbidden West was clearly their test subject this gen.

Included it on PS Plus a year after release (something they never did again with any other game i think), sales plummet after that and now they are removing it.

I think they also removed the first one a while ago right? Something related with Horizon more than anything else.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Too late. The damage is done. The sales tanked for HFW as soon as it went on PS+ according to the insomniac leaks.

At least these idiots are learning.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Too late. The damage is done. The sales tanked for HFW as soon as it went on PS+ according to the insomniac leaks.

They probably tanked as soon as stock of the PS5’s wasn’t an issue and people weren’t forced to get a Horizon bundle.

jm89

They probably tanked as soon as stock of the PS5’s wasn’t an issue and people weren’t forced to get a Horizon bundle.
It was because they put it on ps plus.

The estimated they lost $85 million+ sales.

Horizon forbidden west bundles weren't around in huge numbers(if at all) when they put it on plus, so the loss of sales would have been from sales not part of the bundle.

Last edited:
Reasons why subscribing to Extra or Premium is meh. It's much better to wait for a sale to buy what you want most of the time.

Still, no reason to remove first party games, that is a stinker!

Unless there's some licensing issues, makes no sense for them to take off first party games ?!

Probably to get rid of it before Lego Horizon comes out. Preparing for a new audience to get interested in the series.

This is the problem with dumping 20 Star Ocean games at once on a sub. No one is playing all that in a row. At most you're playing 2 Star Ocean games a year. So it's basically a wasted addition, purely because of their inability to stagger it out a bit.

Also removing 1st party games is definitely eyebrow raising. Back in the Disney vault I guess.

They probably got some sort of package deal for all of them. Seems really quick to remove them though.

Last edited:

violence

Removing Alien Isolation when the Romulus movie seems to be doing well in cinema and can peak interest in trying the game.

Dumbasses, clearly a move to try and squeeze some extra bucks from people.

Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards
The movie will cause downloads to rise, but not profits if it’s on PS plus. The money they get from PS plus is fixed income. Like Social Security.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Removing Alien Isolation when the Romulus movie seems to be doing well in cinema and can peak interest in trying the game.

Dumbasses, clearly a move to try and squeeze some extra bucks from people.

Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards

These are games leaving next month, by that time the movie will have likely finished, or close to finishing its theatrical run. Doesn't really make sense in context.

That being said, if anyone hasn't played it, give it a shot. Fantastic game.

wvnative

Fuck i was planning to play nier replicant...

Don't care about horizon but can't stand any company that removes first party content.

wizaga

Neo Member
Star ocean the divine force is such a fun game, one of my top 10 rpgs this gen and runs pretty well on the ps5. Be aware Really slow first 10 hours but the game opens up after this with new move sets/areas etc. That makes it so much fun, the Story is simple yet fun. The facial animation looks stupid but it has its charm. The developers put the money where it counts in gameplay instead and I am happy they did.

I hope it is complete, because every other month they seem to be incapable of listing all the games they plan to remove and in the middle of the months you realise, whoopsie, there are other games I wanted to play before they are gone.

nial

Learning about the impact of sales by putting it to PS Plus was kinda the point? They literally talked about it.
Unless there's some licensing issues, makes no sense for them to take off first party games ?!
At this point I would agree, but I guess it's better than when they used to be for 3 months only.
This (and HZD) is 100% because of LEGO Horizon Adventures, same thing happened with Spider-Man 1 last year when the sequel was released; though Miles Morales wasn't removed, for some reason.

StereoVsn

Yeah, that’s a strange move for sure. And the people who had PS+ but haven’t gotten to the game in all this time aren’t likely to buy it anyways.

LastBattle

HFW?? Screw it I’m cancelling my sub until a later date when I’m ready to play something. Was thinking about it anyway, this just reinforces my decision. Why remove a first party? So much to play on Gamepass anyway.

Roxkis_ii

I played Nier Replicant on the service, and i recomend everyone to do the same before its gone.
Bro, Nier Replicant is the most boring game ever and I say that as a huge Nier Automata fan. People are better off watching the story on YouTube. This game did not age well.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I’m thinking when a company shotguns a ton of the same franchise on sub plan they know no gamer is going to play them all. They’ll pick one or maybe two, get their fill. Then the games get delisted so now the gamer will buy one of the other games if they like the series.

If they spread it out like one Star Ocean game every 6-12 months, then a gamer will just play them all one after another over 3 years and never need to buy one game.

Kerotan

Keep in mind in 2 weeks a few more games leaving could be announced and you'll only have 2 weeks to play those where as these you have 4.

Has anyone played cloud punk?

Last edited:
Top Bottom