• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Extra and Premium to lose Horizon Forbidden West & 11 more games in September

Zadom

I am glad Midnight Suns was on there. Got me to play it and liked it a lot. Bought the DLC to show my appreciation more so than wanting the added characters. Wish it sold better for a sequel or more similar games in the future. I guess I can blame myself since I didn’t play it until it was on the PlayStation service.

Unless there's some licensing issues, makes no sense for them to take off first party games ?!
It makes sense to remove and relist it now and then. So that people even notice what content is in the rental service they pay for.
Some Ubi and Take 2 games did such a full cycle already while Sony's own stuff not yet.

SSfox

So even exclusives aren't safe to stay. This shit is definitely not worth it. Just like Gamepass Feels like burning money for nothing

Sony should release new lower tier that only include online play, if they won't do that next generation and forward will be on PC steam for me

Mephisto40

I'm guessing removing horizon has something to do with the lego game coming out, people will be more inclined to buy forbidden west after playing the lego game if they haven't already

Last edited:
So even exclusives aren't safe to stay.
Why should they, it was never promised. Other first party games already disappeared too, so acting surprised now makes no sense. They promised hundreds of games, no set rule about which will be on and for how long. Just play what actually interests you soon or at least when you get notified about those games leaving. When their priorities were not high enough without a countdown it was probably not super important anyway.

Last edited:
Crazy how people can see the insomniac leak how how much Horizon lost in sales on PS+ and still complain its being taken off lol. They aren't in a position like MS where their games sell fuck all. They don't need to cannibalise sales on a subscription.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
They've added a few more titltes to the list of games that leave PS+ Extra later this month, including 13 Sentinels. :messenger_weary:

L2tiz7u.png

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Don't understand about Horizon FW, as a Sony first party game you'd expect it to remain on there indefinitely.

EDIT: I see someone above me has said 'why should first party games stay' I'd counter it with why shouldn't they? Are Sony expecting it to sell a few more thousand next month? Or is Horizon FW Remastered the launch title for PS5 Pro?!! :D

Last edited:

Stu_Hart

Neo Member
It's a good thing that I never paid for that service. I only use my ps5 as an exclusive machine for SP games from sony. Most of my 3rd party games with online are on steam.

GHound

They've added a few more titltes to the list of games that leave PS+ Extra later this month, including 13 Sentinels. :messenger_weary:

L2tiz7u.png
There were still way too many Japanese titles after last month added 5 SAO games, Naruto and Wild Hearts so we pulled one more than we added last month for good measure. :messenger_face_steam:

Top Bottom