• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Madden '11 Online Franchise Interest Thread

thomasbk

I decided to create a thread for this since I've been asking around on on other threads to see if there's any interest for an online franchise on PS3. Hopefully with an actual thread this will get noticed more.

So the idea is pretty much just to copy what the 360 guys have going on, and start when the regular season starts.

We don't want the same thing that happened last year, so please only people that can/want to play twice a week (It's ok to miss a game here and there, just don't bail out after 3 weeks).
If we get like 15 dedicated players I think it should be enough to have some fun for a few seasons.

And if someone wants to volunteer to be the commissioner, just say so.

So I guess just say what team you want if your interested in joining.

UPDATE: Here is what we have so far:

TEAM / GAF / PSN

Bills: thomasbk / TBKkiller
Dolphins:
Jets:
Patriots: NickP786 / NickP725

Ravens:
Bengals: Free (KoruptData is out)
Browns:
Steelers:

Texans:
Colts: W1SSY / W1SSY
Jaguars:
Titans:

Broncos: RyanDG / Ryandg82
Raiders: pistolpete2940 / pistolpete294
Chiefs:
Chargers: Joey Fox / Joey_Fox_21

Cowboys: Bumblebeetuna / FireMarshallBiII (two i's at end)
Giants: Dmncnby2k9 / dmncnby2k8 ** Is out with a busted PS3 **
Eagles: Trin3785 / TheTrinidad
Redskins: johnny_park / johnny_park

Bears:
Lions:
Packers: (*Non-GAF) / Shuggah_Daddy
Vikings:

Falcons:
Panthers:
Saints:
Bucs:

Cardinals:
Rams:
49ers:
Seahawks:

Franchise name: NeoGAF
password: billieve

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Ive never done a league before but i would play 2 games a week!
PSN ID TheTrinidad (MST) Go EAGLES!!:D

RyanDG

I would definitely be interested in trying this out, but I will admit this is the first Madden game I've purchased since Madden 2001 on the PS2 and will be a little rusty with the whole set up.

ryandg82 for the PSN name, and I would prefer the Broncos as the team.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Team: San Diego Chargers (PM me if you want this, I know I'm bummed someone already said Redskins)

PSN: Joey_Fox_21

oneHeero

If the Cowboys guy drops out or doesnt play, I'll fill in.
Although I wont be buying the game til 4th week of preseason or so.

thomasbk

oneHeero said:
If the Cowboys guy drops out or doesnt play, I'll fill in.
Although I wont be buying the game til 4th week of preseason or so.

We probably wont start till the NFL season starts, so if you still want to join with another team by then, im sure there will still be teams available.

Last year I played with the Bucs and it was actually pretty fun playing with a team I didn't really knew much about except for the most popular players.

W1SSY

I would love to get in on this. I would love to have the Colts as my team if that is possible. PSN is the same as my GAF.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I hope more people start signing up, I don't want to play with randoms online. If I'm going to get toasted, I'd rather it be by you guys. :lol

RyanDG

I think I need a lot of practice... I'm sitting with like a 4 win and 13 loss record right now in ranked games online and I keep getting burned by the same plays over and over. I try to adj in what I think is the proper response, yet somehow I still get burned. I'm beginning to realize that my last 2-3 years of playing madden almost exclusively offline has really hurt me overall. I'm pretty freakin' horrible right now. :lol

thomasbk

I haven't had much time to play yet. I'm 0-2 online, I can't get anything going on offense! I've scored only two touchdowns in two games... and both on defense!:lol

Bad QBs make a lot of bad passes this year! I can't make a throw over 10 yards on target with the Bills! :S

I'll need to draft a QB if we ever get this franchise going and get to year two!

thomasbk

This week I can only play a game really late (2 am eastern). If you're up late I'll play you!
Next week I should have time to play more, if anyone wants to play!

thomasbk

Are you guys still down for the franchise?

We only have 10 people and we are/were going to start in about two weeks, so do you want to go through with this or you would rather not have the franchise with so few people?

thomasbk

pistolpete2940 said:
I'm still down. And correct me if i'm wrong but, I believe we can add more people mid season, no?
Yeah, I think people can join at any moment.

The Frankman said:
You guys should advertise in the NFL-GAF thread and stuff. I haven't seen a single post loking for players there.
I guess I'll do that to see if we get anyone else.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I'm still down to play in the league. I'm sure it will still be fun if everyone that does stick around makes the effort to play.

Are we going to decide on rules? Injured players, holdouts, trade rules, etc?

thomasbk

We'll use the rules posted on the 360 thread unless anyone wants to change some of it and most of us agree.

I'd say injuries are in.
Holdouts are in (didn't know there were holdouts in franchise).
Trades ... fair trades are allowed i guess, signing free agents to trade them isn't.

No going for it on every 4th down (I know kicking is HARD online, but it kinda screws up the fun going for it on 4th down every time).
No onside kicks every kickoff.
No nano blitz on every play or positioning players where they go threw the O-line or other glitches like that.
No constant no huddle offense (unless almost halftime or end of the game).
No running out the clock in the third quarter.

Maybe 8 or 9 minute quarters.

I dont know what else I'm missing.

All of this is up for discussion, so speak up if you want to change/remove/add rules.

NickP786

Definitely up for this, I'll add everyone in here too, need some competition (read: I need more people I can lose by double digits too)

Patriots / NickP786 / NickP725

We definitely gotta get this thing going. I swear the cpu breaks every tackle. If I play some random dickhead online, they quit as soon as they're down a td -_-

thomasbk

We'll probably get a roster update next week after the final cuts are done, so we should be ready to start by then!

Since I guess I'm gonna be the commissioner I'll have to do some research to see how everything works :p

RyanDG

Yeppers. Ready to go. The Bronco faithful won't have long until Tim Tebow is throwing passes in my backfield. :lol

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
So are you going to send us all invites to the League?

I'll start adding everybody in PSN tomorrow, but if we don't have enough will we end up playing against the computer half the time? :lol

thomasbk

Yeah, I'll create the league tonight and send everyone invites.

Yeah, most of the games will probably be against the computer :(.
The guys from the NFC east and the AFC west will get to play against more real people since most of those teams are taken.

This week we'll advance on wednesday/thursday instead of sunday to give people a chance to realize that we've started!

If anyone know people outside of gaf that want to join feel free to invite them!

thomasbk

Franchise has been created!

Franchise name: NeoGAF
password: billieve

I sent invites to everybody except bumblebeetuna because he is the only one that hasnt accepted my PSN friend request.

So you can go in and set your depth chart cause its probably screwed up, and lets get this thing started!

W1SSY

I went ahead and joined the league. Was worried about not being able to play the games with school the way it has been so far this year but being in AFC South by myself will help.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Either way I probably wouldn't make the playoffs :lol

Playing as the Chargers is pretty fun though, I must say.

RyanDG

So I was playing around last night and without really thinking about it I ended up playing my game after seeing this thread didn't have a Jacksonville Jaguars owner. Afterwards I realized that I probably should not have done that and should've waited for a clear okay to begin playing. Oops? Hopefully that's not a problem.

With that said - Tim Tebow started his NFL career going 17 for 34 with 173 yards with 0 touchdowns or interceptions. The skyward rise of the greatest first round pick in the NFL draft ever has begun.

thomasbk

Congratulations on tebow's 100% career winning percentage as a starter!

People playing against teams without an owner can go ahead and play your game, the others need to contact their oponent and set your game up!

The guy playing as the Packers isn't on GAF so if you cant contact him, maybe you can contact Trin3785 since he got him in the franchise.

5 People (out of 12) still havent joined the franchise so thats not a good sign! But there's still a few days before we need to advance, so hopefully people join up.

The plan is to advance every wednesday @ 10pm pst and every saturday at 10pm pst. So everyone needs to play their first game by wednesday!

RyanDG

Hehe - my game was an ugly, ugly game fought in the rain. If you guys get a chance, check out my scoring summary. I forgot to save the item to post as a highlight, but in overtime, both the Jaguars and myself couldn't get anything going. I got lucky as the Jaguars actually missed two field goal opportunities in OT. On the final play of overtime, I hit Garrard in the backfield with Goodman causing him to cough up a bad throw straight into the hands of my defensive end McBean who rumbled 36 yards for the game winning touchdown with no time left in OT.

Wish i would've saved it, as it was a pretty epic finish to a rather sloppy game on my part.

W1SSY

I guess I will get my game out of the way and hopefully it will turn out the way it should have in real life with the Colts destroying the Texans but I will see what happens.

thomasbk

RyanDG said:
Hehe - my game was an ugly, ugly game fought in the rain. If you guys get a chance, check out my scoring summary. I forgot to save the item to post as a highlight, but in overtime, both the Jaguars and myself couldn't get anything going. I got lucky as the Jaguars actually missed two field goal opportunities in OT. On the final play of overtime, I hit Garrard in the backfield with Goodman causing him to cough up a bad throw straight into the hands of my defensive end McBean who rumbled 36 yards for the game winning touchdown with no time left in OT.

Wish i would've saved it, as it was a pretty epic finish to a rather sloppy game on my part.

I saw that you scored on an interception return by a DE and a fumble return! and the jaguars missed 3 FG! :lol

W1SSY

Well that was a hard fought game. Completely not use to the difficulty and that may have lead to two fumbles which almost lost me the game but in the end Brackett got a pick that allowed me to move down the field and kick the game winning field goal. Manning was 13/13 in the first half which was surprising. I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't get the run game going but when I got behind I went to the passing game to keep me in it. I am glad to see that fight for the fumble or whatever is not on in the franchise.

NickP786

KoruptData, when would you like to get our game in? I'm free tomorrow morning, later tomorrow night, and Weds around 5ish (EST)

thomasbk

CJ Spiller fell 12 yards short of Adrian Peterson's single game rushing record in his first NFL game! :(

I was up like 28 - 3 after like 3 offensive plays or something like that! 2 interception returns for touchdown and 2 runs for like 70 yards! :lol

At least next game I dont play against the computer! So it should be more fun :p

We still have 5 people that haven't even joined the franchise! :(

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Wow, Cassel is an absolute joke in this game. Threw me two easy pick sixes.

I noticed a lot of fumbles, so cover up with R1 people! I'm looking forward to my first real opponent.

Hey, where's the NFC East at? PM those slackers! :D

Edit: Holdouts are in? Does that mean I can use Vincent Jackson? I put him on the bench when I saw him in my lineup. He wasn't in the lineup during an exhibition I did with the updated rosters.

W1SSY

Joey Fox said:
I noticed a lot of fumbles, so cover up with R1 people!

Both of my fumbles occurred while using R1. I may just have to play safer so as o not put my guys in those situations.

Top Bottom