• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Madden '11 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
W1SSY said:
Both of my fumbles occurred while using R1. I may just have to play safer so as o not put my guys in those situations.

What are considered bad situations?

I think anytime you're running back a punt, run with your quarterback, or are held up on an outside run you're liable to fumble at a high percentage. What's the best way to get to the ground safely?

W1SSY

I was just trying to fight for extra yards when I could have easily let them take my guy down or run out of bounds instead.

thomasbk

I just sent everyone a PM just in case there are peoples that dont check this thread and dont know that we already started.

I just try no to run into the defenders head on! unless its like a small corner or safety and I got a big back or TE. I've never used R1 to cover the ball and rarely fumble. But maybe im just lucky :p

thomasbk

The invites are already sent!
I thought you had dropped out since you hadn't accepted my friend request or joined the franchise.
Glad you're still in ... anyways, try to get your game with johnny_park today so we can advance to week 2!

W1SSY

So I guess I play the cpu since Dmncnby2k9 dropped out? Just want to confirm before I play the game whenever we advance the week.

thomasbk

There have been problems with the two games that are between human players.
So im gonna advance the league late tomorrow night instead of today, to give them an extra day to play the game.

I hope its not a problem for every one else that already played their game!

RyanDG

Joey Fox said:
It's too bad we don't get to see the beginning of the play.

How do I do this? :D

At the end of the game under game recap there's an option to replay different plays. You can then save them to your media. Back in the main menu there will be an option for uploading the videos under the manage media. That'll auto upload them to your ea profile which you'll be able to view on the ea sports website.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
RyanDG, your games just always come down to the last second. That must be nerve-wracking.

Any tips for facing the Seahawks, with Matt Hasselbeck's league leading passing totals? :lol

It sucks that I don't play any of you until week 5, but from then on I play a real person nearly every week. Should be fun.

RyanDG

Joey Fox said:
RyanDG, your games just always come down to the last second. That must be nerve-wracking.

Any tips for facing the Seahawks, with Matt Hasselbeck's league leading passing totals? :lol

It sucks that I don't play any of you until week 5, but from then on I play a real person nearly every week. Should be fun.

Its only hard on the nerves because this is the first Madden I've played in years. I tell you what, it used to be easier than this. ;)

As for facing the Seahawks - stop Tate. The guy was a hoss all game long and even Champ "The Greatest Cornerback that Ever Was" had problems stopping him. In fact, champ was the one who got burned for the final touchdown in a completely unrealistic fashion. He sort of just circled tate while the ball sort of floated to him.

:(

With that said, Tim Tebow performed admirably after 2 early interceptions. He finished with 17/25 with 217 yards passing (3tds, 2 ints) with 54 yards rushing and another score. This loss may be just a hiccup in the future hall of famers illustrious early career.

W1SSY

Just finished my second game Manning Bowl II. I won 41-28 due to some nice receptions and a fumble recover for a touchdown on a kickoff. I had a nice screen pass to Reggie Wayne for an 80 yard TD which sadly I couldn't get a good video of because it only shoed him after he caught the ball and didn't show the blocking. I got Manning back to the top of the Passing leader boards so far this season he is 7 TD, 0 INT, and 650 yards.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I might be willing to trade Ryan Mathews. Not really sure though, and it depends on how many seasons we're going to play.

Either way, I'm willing to look at trade offers. I guess it wouldn't make sense in a sim league though, so I'll leave that up to the commish.

You can make an offer for Sproles if you want in that case, but I'll probably turn it down.

thomasbk

I feel important now! :D

Trades are fine! Just dont sign free agents just to trade them to the computer for a 1st round pick, like I'm sure many of you cheating bastards do in offline franchise!
I do that :(

W1SSY

thomasbk said:
I feel important now! :D

Trades are fine! Just dont sign free agents just to trade them to the computer for a 1st round pick, like I'm sure many of you cheating bastards do in offline franchise!
I do that :(

Never thought of that in offline. Maybe I need to reevaluate my offline dynasty. :D

thomasbk

In recent maddens its been a little tougher to trick the computer, but you could still get a few first round pics for practically nothing. I imagine they haven't changed anything in this years game.

Just as a reminder, we'll try do advance on saturday around midnight or sunday morning unless someone really needs an extension. So try to get your games on by then!

thomasbk

Hey guys, we were going to advance to week 3 on saturday/sunday, but my internet connection wasn't working very well all weekend so I dont know if everyone has played their game or not.

I was playing my game on friday against the packers guy, and got disconnected after the kickoff and then at the end of the third quarter and havent been able to reschedule the game so I might have to just sim it.

I'll check how everything is going in a few hours when I get home from work and if everyone has played except for me, then I'll sim my game and advance the week.

There hasn't been any activity here for a few days, so I hope not everyone has dropped out and you're just waiting for the week to advance!

RyanDG

Just waiting for the week to go. I'm looking forward to get the Tim Tebow rookie train flowing against a live opponent this week. Should be interesting. ;)

thomasbk

We are in week 3 now!

I had to sim my game cause I couldn't reach the packers guy to replay our game.
The eagles and the cowboys guys also didnt play their games, but we want to keep this moving along so you more active people dont get bored!

So play ball!

W1SSY

RyanDG said:
Just waiting for the week to go. I'm looking forward to get the Tim Tebow rookie train flowing against a live opponent this week. Should be interesting. ;)
The Tim Tebow train is going to get derailed (hopefully). I will have to check out his stats before hand so I know how worried I need to be about QB scrambles but I am looking forward to out game tonight.

RyanDG

W1SSY said:
The Tim Tebow train is going to get derailed (hopefully). I will have to check out his stats before hand so I know how worried I need to be about QB scrambles but I am looking forward to out game tonight.

Don't worry too much. I'm pretty horrible at this game. ;)

W1SSY

Ryan and I tried to play our game tonight but kept on getting disconnected. Probably because of the PSN maintenance.

RyanDG

Yeppers. We had 3 restarts. It seems like it was going to be a good game too. One restart was with a 3-0 score, second one was a 7-7, and the last one was a 7-3 score. Hopefully tomorrow works out whatever kinks we were having.

But now you know my secret weapon. Broncos heavy shotgun formation. ;)

W1SSY

RyanDG said:
Yeppers. We had 3 restarts. It seems like it was going to be a good game too. One restart was with a 3-0 score, second one was a 7-7, and the last one was a 7-3 score. Hopefully tomorrow works out whatever kinks we were having.

But now you know my secret weapon. Broncos heavy shotgun formation. ;)
I think we were going to have a good game but we just couldn't get it going. I need to run the ball more and stop passing so much.

thomasbk

We're you able to play your game?

Me and nickP725 keep getting disconnected and cant finish our game! :S

Same thing has happend in every human vs human game i think!

NickP786

So, ThomasBK and I played 3 games tonight. I got throttled the first time (disconnect), throttled the second time (disconnect), and as the third game was getting interesting... you guessed it! So frustrating

W1SSY

Yea Ryan and I tried to play twice but each time got disconnected. Yesterday I thought it was just the PSN having maintenance but looks like it is EA.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I know I haven't been playing, but that doesn't really matter because I don't play anyone until week five. Advance if you must. Way too many time drains going on for me right now, unfortunately.

thomasbk

There is a new patch, so I thought it might fix something, but I still couldnt finish my game with nickp.

If this connection problems dont get resolved soon there's really no reason to continue the franchise since we cant play each other :S

If you decide to bail out of the franchise, I dont blame you :p I'll keep it going as long as there are atleast a couple of you still playing, and maybe we get an EA miracle and they fix this :p

I was going to advance the week, but it kept kicking me out of the ea servers, so Ill do it tomorrow when I get home early evening.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
thomasbk said:
There is a new patch, so I thought it might fix something, but I still couldnt finish my game with nickp.

If this connection problems dont get resolved soon there's really no reason to continue the franchise since we cant play each other :S

If you decide to bail out of the franchise, I dont blame you :p I'll keep it going as long as there are atleast a couple of you still playing, and maybe we get an EA miracle and they fix this :p

I was going to advance the week, but it kept kicking me out of the ea servers, so Ill do it tomorrow when I get home early evening.

Sorry man,
I havent been able to play because ive been so busy with work and everything. Im gonn have to drop out cuz I just dont really have time right now to play. Sorry guys, I thought i would have more time to play.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Wow, I almost gave this game away.

The Cardinals are a pretty tough team to play, I was lucky to have them run 9 yard routes on 3rd and 10 a couple times. Derek Anderson handles pressure well and is accurate (LOL).

I threw two early interceptions, one returned for a TD, and lost a sack-fumble for a TD. I also couldn't stop Beanie Wells all game, including with under two minutes left in the 4th to give them the lead. He bounced off my defenders like pinballs.

They couldn't stop me though, all hail your league leading receiver (for now), Antonio Gates!

Here we go, week 5, PistolPete, where you at? It's going down! I hope we don't have these connection issues..

W1SSY

Joey Fox said:
Wow, I almost gave this game away.

The Cardinals are a pretty tough team to play, I was lucky to have them run 9 yard routes on 3rd and 10 a couple times. Derek Anderson handles pressure well and is accurate (LOL).

I threw two early interceptions, one returned for a TD, and lost a sack-fumble for a TD. I also couldn't stop Beanie Wells all game, including with under two minutes left in the 4th to give them the lead. He bounced off my defenders like pinballs.

They couldn't stop me though, all hail your league leading receiver (for now), Antonio Gates!

Here we go, week 5, PistolPete, where you at? It's going down! I hope we don't have these connection issues..

Antonio Gates won't be leading the league for long, I don't think. I really haven't looked at my receiver stats but I would guess Dallas Clark is doing good. I really hope they fixed the connection issues because being able to play other people is a lot more enjoyable.

thomasbk

Did everyone play their week 4 games?
I dont even know when I was supposed to advance to week 5! was it sunday or is it tomorrow?
I guess I'll check if everyone has played their game tonight when I get home :p

thomasbk

If thats your way of asking if you can join and that you want to play as the 49ers, then yes you can join and they are available! :p

We are in week 4 and will be moving to week 5 soon I hope.
We only have like 7 people still playing and we've been having a lot of problems playing the human vs human games!

So if you want to join here it is:

Franchise name: NeoGAF
password: billieve

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Week 5 please :D

If I played a random person online to completion, I don't know why we would have so much trouble, but I guess I'll find out for myself soon.

thomasbk

Yeah sorry!

On tuesday 3 (out of like 6 :p) of our active members hadn't played their game so I didnt advance it.
I'll advance it tonight even if they haven't played!

So if you read this, Patriots, Raiders, Redskins, I hope you are still alive and have played your week 5 game!

I've never been disconnected in online ranked matches! but franchise must use different servers that are screwed up!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the OF servers are fucked on 360 too. they dont seem to care enough to do anything about it

thomasbk

Week 5 has started!

CB3 said:
the OF servers are fucked on 360 too. they dont seem to care enough to do anything about it

It cant be as bad as our league since it appears that you are being able to actually finish games!
We havent been able to finish NOT EVEN ONE game! Just games vs CPU. :S

RyanDG

I'm learning the hard way that the Tim Tebow Experience, may not quite be ready for the NFL (especially with my shoddy QB'ing). :lol

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
pistolpete2940 said:
Good game Joey. After that first quarter, I figured you would rout me :lol

I was just thinking to myself, this is too good to be true. And then it was. Lesson learned on the kickoff return, not worth the risk/reward. Also, my dumb interception...

I'm glad we finished our game on the first try, maybe everyone else will have better luck now?

Too bad there's only 8 of us :lol

Oh, and it's early, but I'm thinking AFC West champ gets Homefield advantage, unless W1SSY goes 16-0.

FYI: pistolpete will kill you with McFadden

Top Bottom