• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 BETA firmware 5.00 out today

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Don't know if firmware related but my PS4PRO is telling me it's gonna take 10 minutes for a 128mb update, a 1gb update is usually within a minute.
It's depressing to wait all this time for such a lame update
Every update
Silent+Hill+2+shot+25.jpg

Doesn't help with what people actually request either, the most useless thing requested is usually the thing Sony actually adds.

This quick access menu is broken. Not only they got rid of favorite groups / lists in the quick access menu, it also only shows online friends. So if your friends are appearing offline, you have to go to the home page and then go to the full friend's list to find them.

AudioEppa

I'm ok not getting a code. This must be the disappointing feeling certain people have when new plus titles get announced.

Can all the pissed/disappointed people please mention what amazing feature they were expecting? The one I can sort of see being a big miss is no downsampling, but even that only applies to pro owners. And people waiting for BC when Sony has neither hinted nor shown any indication that it's something they're working on or care about seems bizarre.

So again I ask to those so dissapointed, what exactly were you expecting?

PS1/PS2 classics. i am not expecting BC, i never will. but this is something they literally already have on their store and running on older less capable hardware. PS2onPS4 games take a lot more work than updating their emulator code to work on PS4 hardware. They wouldn't have them in the surveys if they didn't know people were asking for them.

hiding/deleting library items is another simple change that can be implemented. if they could do it with trophies they can surely do it with the library.

store wishlist on the actual PS4 store and not the web store. hell revamping the PS4 store to be more like the web store.

some examples. I've given up on PSN name changes until they announce an entire revamping of the PSN (which severely needs to happen) because of how tied they are to purchases etc.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
US code here too. At this point I'm just interested in the reports of better UI performance.

ZeroCoin

Finally can get away from the parental control disable/enable dance! I know everyone is salty about this update, but this is a huge inconvenience currently. I still echo the cries for PS1 compatibility though.

Logash

Just got my invite. Nothing I am really excited about trying to be honest but it's cool to be a part of it I guess...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I notice the expiry date for the codes is Nov, likely release maybe?
Bit far out

RSchmitz

Can all the pissed/disappointed people please mention what amazing feature they were expecting? The one I can sort of see being a big miss is no downsampling, but even that only applies to pro owners. And people waiting for BC when Sony has neither hinted nor shown any indication that it's something they're working on or care about seems bizarre.

PS classics and an activity log is something I'd like and really not much to ask.
I'd love if they could have psp and Vita TV compatible games in there too.

Why can't I change my username?

Top Bottom