• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Reading this thread really makes me want to re order a PS4(not available in AUS yet). But I know in back of my head theres no games for me ATM. Primarily a PC gamer.

But I want one!

AmyS

My PS4 is still sitting sitting unopened, will see how my unit fairs later.

For anyone who works for GameStop that might know anything, any idea why it was so damn easy for me to, just for the hell of it, attempt to get a console without having preordered?

Far northern Chicago suburbs here.

Got fed up waiting on Canada post, who told me that is be getting my order on Monday. Went to my local Future Shop which opened at 8, currently holding a ticket for 31/67. Will return the other PS4 after it arrives.

Fuck the police.

Joeki11a

Banned
Few queetions

Do you need to really do the USB update or does the PSN handle it?

Can you manually setup PS4 a static IP?, I want to give it the one PS3 as it is the one on DMZ mode, really delivered great DL speeds.

Jburton

Banned
So is every unit wobbly?

Only if you press on it, if you don't press down on one side it is perfectly level ......... this has been repeated countless times, even ifixit commented on it with this attitude.

Only a big deal if you want it to be.

My PS4 is still sitting sitting unopened, will see how my unit fairs later.

For anyone who works for GameStop that might know anything, any idea why it was so damn easy for me to, just for the hell of it, attempt to get a console without having preordered?

Far northern Chicago suburbs here.
They were given extra stock. So Sony must of anticipated ahead for those.

Sec0nd

Is anyone here using their PS4 on a monitor with a HDMI to VGA type of cable? Wondering if it's possible as my monitor has no HDMI port.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hm. Contrast and war frame say they're ready to install (again) but only a quarter finished.

This is a weird bug.

Yeah, it seems to say that when the updates finish. Mentioned it yesterday.

Is anyone here using their PS4 on a monitor with a HDMI to VGA type of cable? Wondering if it's possible as my monitor has no HDMI port.
You should be able to hook it up via DVI (with adapter to HDMI). It's not going to work with VGA.

ChuckNyce

Dropping dog off at the groomer, picking up my bundle of greatness at the UPS Customer Care Center, and not giving any fucks. Will immediately start downloading Killzone and BF4 so add me if anyone wants company whilst shooting dudes in the face. PSN: ChuckNyce

Congratz to everyone who has their PS4 already! :D Is there any good stream that goes through every detail of the PS4 much like the one RedSunGamer had on the Vita launch in Japan?

SeanR1221

Um now BF4 won't start...tried closing the application 3 times. It just stuck on the screen when you boot it up....

Turning off the ps4 fixed it.

Scared me for a second.

Sec0nd

You should be able to hook it up via DVI (with adapter to HDMI). It's not going to work with VGA.

Damn, that's going to be annoying to have to change my DVI cable every time I want to play on my PS4 or work on my computer. Thanks for the reply.

drspeedy

Man, craigslist is ablaze this morning with $700 PS4 posts... There's even a few posts with reports of extra inventory at a couple of Walmarts, targets, and Kmart. Not sure how long the extras are going to last, but amazed how many people are trying to pawn these for $300 profit in the first 24 hours!

Sorry for the delay.

You do not need a camera, it is entirely gyro based and works far better than I would have ever imagined.

Also, Setup complete! There is still a little bit of cable management to do between the two stands, but otherwise, it's all set.
10868874783_5b21afedfe_b.jpg

High five to a fellow Polk owner!

Anyone running headphones through the DS4 for audio like the IGN video? Wondering the quality of it - that's is a killer feature on the Roku 3 for late night TV when the wife is asleep.

Jburton

Banned
Man, craigslist is ablaze this morning with $700 PS4 posts... There's even a few posts with reports of extra inventory at a couple of Walmarts, targets, and Kmart. Not sure how long the extras are going to last, but amazed how many people are trying to pawn these for $300 profit in the first 24 hours!

Funny thing is most of the scalping fucks won't make anything on it, seems like Sony whee able to get a large amount of PS4's into stores.

Finally got Need for Speed installed. It's a lot of fun if not a little to chaotic. Killzone seems real good so far even did decent in a few online games.

How does the headset work? I played about 5 games of Killzone and didn't hear a single person talking.

ev0

I was updating Warframe and my PS4 froze during it? Whats the proper way to fix this? I held down the power button to reset and nothing happened

alba

Little is the new Big
I can't seem to sign into my psn account, it hangs on forever or something, weird... anyone else experiencing that?

Joeki11a

Banned
Finally got Need for Speed installed. It's a lot of fun if not a little to chaotic. Killzone seems real good so far even did decent in a few online games.

How does the headset work? I played about 5 games of Killzone and didn't hear a single person talking.

Feared this, the PS players not into talking for 7 years wont even try the headset

Brawl96

Does anyone know how the killzone multiplayer downloads? Does the game need to be open or can I close it, play Knack, and come back and have it downloaded?

Shadybiz

I was updating Warframe and my PS4 froze during it? Whats the proper way to fix this? I held down the power button to reset and nothing happened

Just wait a bit, and see if it resolves. I don't know the proper fix, but I do know from a previous thread that you have to hold the power button down for like 10 seconds to shut it off.

Whatever you do, don't unplug the damn thing from the outlet.

drspeedy

Funny thing is most of the scalping fucks won't make anything on it, seems like Sony whee able to get a large amount of PS4's into stores.

I'm hoping Sony covers the demand... I'm not anti scalping, it's part of capitalism for better or worse, but it does make me smile when it backfires :)

CEWKlMNl.jpg

Not a single stabbing or trample?
I went to the hoodest of the hood Kmarts to pick up a PS4 and it was peaceful and relaxing. The early 2000's have turned into civilized society.

Sorry if this has been asked but does anyone else get a constant echo when chatting in party chat? It's pretty annoying. I've tried my apple ear buds and included mic and same thing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I saw the Music code thing says it'll charge you after 30 days if you don't turn off auto-pay in transaction management. I found the option on the website, but where is it on the PS4 itself?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
F0rneus is in the sweet glory of the PS4 house. See you all on the roads of Redview County or on Vekta, or in the Carribean...

Well my launch experience wasn't quite what I wanted the store didn't do anythin to celebrate and the line was pointless since the order we got our reciepts determined when we got it so no one was there. So my decision was to just get my reciept and head over to the bar with my friends to hang. So it was still a fun night without question but gamestop let me down.

Very happy with the purchase as well played some killzone and damn that controller is phenomenal.

Happened to me also. Hold the power button in til it shuts down. Reboot and it will check for errors then reboot. Scared me. Deleted warframe for now.

Top Bottom