• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 or Xbox One - Trade-in dilemma

If I trade in the PS4 and put it towards an Xbox One this week at Gamestop, I'd get Forza 5 and have $397.50 back in trade-in on the console alone (50% extra trade-in credit is good through the 23rd, but Forza 5 is for this week only). If I throw in the PS4 controller, that's another $42. The Playstation Camera, another $42. Add Knack, $35. Because it's trade-in credit, there'd be no tax. When I play KZ:Shadowfall, there's a whirring noise from the PS4 system fan being on. It's ""fine", I guess. Usually there's background noise/explosions and whatever, but during some of the dialog, I've heard it. From what I remember on the Xbox One, there was no fan noise at all. Disney's Fantasia is still scheduled to be released on the system for Kinect. There's also Kinect Sports Rivals, Xbox Fitness and apps (along with a better browser). Add some exclusives that I care about into the mix, and there you go.

I could eventually get a PS4 after the expected/eventual "slim" revision. I like the idea of Playstation Now. I'm interested in the exclusives Sony has as well and think Sony handles indies and sales better than MS. That said, there isn't much I'm "that" into right now. I could get the system at a lower price later and forgo waiting for a hardware revision if there's enough exclusives lined up to jump on it. I was interested in KZ:SF, DriveClub, Knack (cooled on this though) and some of the exclusive content that was going to be provided. I was also big on the "power" side of things, however "Resolutiongate" doesn't bug me. Having the system with the "best specs" means nothing if you're not really playing stuff on it.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom