• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro $700 oh noes.. 5090 RTX $2000 oh yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Everyone is getting tore into Sony over the recent $700 PS5 Pro price, yet the PC crowd are literally salivating at paying $2000 for a 5090 for JUST THE GRAPHICS CARD in their systems, what gives? We're all gamers after all, but why is one crowd going apeshit over a mid gen upgrade THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY but the other crowd cannot wait to dump twice the price on a minor upgrade!??!? Can someone make it make it sense?

The Pro, is nothing more than a way to give PS5 gamers fidelity mode running at 60fps, it's for a niche market of those with cash to burn that want to play at 60fps with all the bells and whistles, for everyone else the PS5 is perfectly fine, yet the PC crowd will eat up absolutely insane prices for those extra few frames per second, I honestly don't get it...

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
what-are-you-talking-about-huh.gif

Brucey

The people who find value in the PS5 Pro will buy one. Those who don't and the mass market are still waiting for the PS5 to drop below $450 for a driveless model. I just hope they make enough units to avoid scalper nonsense.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Everyone is getting tore into Sony over the recent $700 PS5 Pro price, yet the PC crowd are literally salivating at paying $2000 for a 5090 for JUST THE GRAPHICS CARD in their systems, what gives? We're all gamers after all, but why is one crowd going apeshit over a mid gen upgrade THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY but the other crowd cannot wait to dump twice the price on a minor upgrade!??!? Can someone make it make it sense?

The Pro, is nothing more than a way to give PS5 gamers fidelity mode running at 60fps, it's for a niche market of those with cash to burn that want to play at 60fps with all the bells and whistles, for everyone else the PS5 is perfectly fine, yet the PC crowd will eat up absolutely insane prices for those extra few frames per second, I honestly don't get it...

I reckon the outrage wouldn't have been so crazy, if Sony had included the drive, and cheapo stand that probably a small minority would only use. I'm just annoyed mainly because I feel like I'm being nickel and dimed.

Anyway $2000 for the 5090? That's like the best case scenario in this dark timeline.

Fabieter

I reckon the outrage wouldn't have been so crazy, if Sony had included the drive, and cheapo stand that probably a small minority would only use. I'm just annoyed mainly because I feel like I'm being nickel and dimed.

Anyway $2000 for the 5090? That's like the best case scenario in this dark timeline.

We are!

Kuranghi

I ordered the drive now just in case, then today I was talking to a customer (middle-aged PC gamer) and he says the PS5 Pro price is a rip off and I said "well after I sell my PS5 and discounts through work it'll be 40 quid more than what I paid for the PS5 so not too bad for me!"

Then he said don't forget to buy the stand and I was like:

200.gif

...you're right you fud.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You don't need to go high-end. Basically you put a current mid mid-range PC GPU in a console and you are looking at around the PS5 Pro's price-point for the system.

The BOM adds up, start adding on the cost of SSD's, controllers, the CPU and Mobo obviously...

One of the things that always makes me chiuckle when you see people like Linus desperately trying to reassure their audience that they can build a better PC for more or less the same price isn't the way they have to fall-back usually on used parts, or components sourced one-off from Ebay sellers and whatnot... No, no. Its more obvious than that;

You want to fairly compare apples vs apples, show us what's on offer pre-built. New, with a warranty for an equivalent price.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
yeah the xx90 will be over priced but those two things are not even close to equal.

Not to mention you are on an enthusiast forum. People here are dedicated gaming nerds myself included. Go look at the Steam hardware survey. The most popular GPUs are the 3060 and 4060 which are $300ish. Half of PsN is still on ps4 according to their CEO. Most people don’t give a shit and just wanna play CoD and GtA.

Orpheus

Staff Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom